PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust issues

InSaNe^Sna1L
9th December 2005, 02:54 PM
Hi guys and girls and illegal aliens,

I have a custom made 2 1/4 inch exhaust with custom extractors on my 2.2 sri.

I am now having the following issues and I don't know what could be causing it:

The exhaust makes a splutter type sound at higher revs, say over 3 or 4 grand, kinda like there is water in the muffler.

Also it seems to be louder than it used to be. Not to the point where it could be damaged although that is possible, but just slightly louder and it really drones inside the car when i start getting upitty. I am looking at putting a resonator in it to tone down the noise a bit so I might do that tomorrow, but just wondering if anyone has had similar issues.

Its mild steel by the way.

R3N
9th December 2005, 03:13 PM
how long ago has it been done?

usually it'll only get louder once its been run in.

apart from that check the bolts to see if any are loose, if you think there's water inside, tilt the car upright and shake as hard as you can

InSaNe^Sna1L
9th December 2005, 03:54 PM
how long ago has it been done?

usually it'll only get louder once its been run in.

apart from that check the bolts to see if any are loose, if you think there's water inside, tilt the car upright and shake as hard as you can

It was done approximately 8 or so months ago.

I didn't realise you had to "run in" an exhaust so thats news to me.

it could possibly be bolts but I might just get the dudes to check on the weekend when i price up a resonator.

I just lifted the car up to empty it out and nothing drained out. And now my neighbours are looking at me funny, and car loads of chicks are rocking up to my house.

Now what am I supposed to do...there is only 1 Dan to share around??? :P

oneightoo
9th December 2005, 05:33 PM
new exhausts have no coating on the inside of the pipes, it takes a bit before the coating develops, you know that black stuff that always hangs around the tip.. check the welds, they might be dodgy..

InSaNe^Sna1L
9th December 2005, 06:31 PM
cheers.... i will have a look on the weekend.

Gotta try and rid myself of the carloads of hotties first

oneightoo
9th December 2005, 06:37 PM
haha i can help you out there..

send me the tall slim brunette.. ooohh-yeahh..

R3N
9th December 2005, 07:23 PM
182 can turn any ol party into a sausage fest just like that

oneightoo
10th December 2005, 11:31 AM
it's true.. there was this one time at band camp, R3N was at a party with about 23423 naked hot chicks and as soon as i got there, they all left and R3N tried to have his way with me, but i had a headache..

freaktown
10th December 2005, 11:04 PM
no you were washing your hair wernt you?