PDA

View Full Version : new guy on board

sri05
9th December 2005, 10:31 AM
G'day my name is Bruce (sri05) :)

I have stumbled across this site and sounds just what I am looking for i.e. somewhere to soak up info/tips/shared experiences and cruises.

I have been an Opel afficionado for some time now:

Starting with 99 JS11 Vectra 2.2 Olympic (new in Jan 00). The missus didn't like it (damn her) because it was a manual and the central locking kept failing and trapping her inside so I traded for a 2002 Astra City auto sedan.

In the meantime I bought myself a 2000 Corsa B City Olympic (evil black)
manual of course.

When I heard that Holden was discontinuing the TS Astra and the new shape didn't excite us and is more expensive and argueably not as good dynamically (stock) I sold her 02 City and got a new 05 Equipe hatch with all the fruit. The old one had worn out tyres, rego and warranty were just about gone and the ashtray was full anyway.

Then, two months later I heard that goddam Holden went and said they were not importing any more Corsas. Although I loved my B and was not ready to part with it yet I could not let my dream of an SRi slip away. I had to sell it (and my kids into slavery) and managed just in time in October to buy the last ever SRi to be imported. No choice of colour, Silver was the last one, even though I had my heart set on red.

Anyway, if you finished reading my tome I'll see you in cyberspace.

btm
9th December 2005, 10:40 AM
welcome to the team Bruce!

I hope you enjoy your stay :)

CJB
9th December 2005, 10:42 AM
G'day!!! :)

That's what I like to see... more males driving Corsa's!!!

Dee
9th December 2005, 10:46 AM
welcome, i liked your story, you should write a book :)

i recently sold my barina too... but i went for a toyota ;) much much more power.

enjoy your stay here

CJB
9th December 2005, 10:47 AM
welcome, i liked your story, you should write a book :)

i recently sold my barina too... but i went for a toyota ;) much much more power.

enjoy your stay here
you're not suppose to say things like that donna!!! :p

bruce hey, she didn't mean it ;)

Dee
9th December 2005, 10:51 AM
but i did, my 1.8L is more powerful than his 1.8L :)

but i have lost the euro styling i loved so much, the steering wheel controls and the blinkers on the wrong side.... its all too much

ps. i have leather interior and 6 cd stacker to make up for it

CJB
9th December 2005, 11:01 AM
but i did, my 1.8L is more powerful than his 1.8L :)

but i have lost the euro styling i loved so much, the steering wheel controls and the blinkers on the wrong side.... its all too much

ps. i have leather interior and 6 cd stacker to make up for it
well that's the price you pay for going jap! :)

R3N
9th December 2005, 01:38 PM
Welcome... nice story, almost had me in tears

Gildo
9th December 2005, 07:39 PM
Sweet another silver corsa,
get up sum pics

pred8r
9th December 2005, 07:50 PM
Congratulations, another c owner

BassyAstra
9th December 2005, 09:08 PM