PDA

View Full Version : ACA rate the new Barina the WORST small car

CJB
7th December 2005, 08:07 PM
http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/stories/2007.asp

Mum was watching A Current Affair tonight and told me about this story... I am not suprised. She said they even said on the show that the new Barina rated the WORST small car on the road only scoring 3/5, here as the Getz and Yaris reached 4/5 and the Fiesta went for GOLD and got 5/5!!!

In other news, I saw a new Barina on the Moggill Ferry this afternoon - and I was shocked they are on the road so soon. The woman driving it was having trouble with it and it smelt funny and was making a lot of engine noise. That could have been her over revving it.

SUCK SH*T HOLDEN! Your Barina is CRAP!

anicorsa
7th December 2005, 08:17 PM
HAHA yep bring on the Corsa D!!

Yeah, i saw 2 Tigra's today... So it looks like they are gaining popularity.

pred8r
7th December 2005, 08:50 PM
Yay, one point OPEL. I hope holden pay dearly for this one.

Didnt agree with fiesta being best though.
A valid point with the Yaris and the dash in the centre, being a bad idea.
Cant remeber the other one.

RapidSRi
7th December 2005, 11:19 PM
The specs of (Echo) Yaris hav gone uup, and the specs of the Daewoo Barina plummeted, of course the outcome will be worse for Barina.

As for the Ford, very tidy

CJB
7th December 2005, 11:29 PM
Yes but what a kick in the teeth for Holden. Just 7 days after the car was officially released (basing that on what I read, Dec 1 release for new Barina) the car is already bombing in comparison to other small cars. All Holden talked about was the low cost and yes that may be a good thing, but it doesn't change the fact that the car rates last when compared.

It's the new pecking order I guess. A few more of these reviews/grades of the car and we might see one red faced Holden chairman!

EL BURITO
8th December 2005, 12:53 AM
This is kinnda off topic but if you look in the extras for the Holden kalos on the web site you can still get the C's SRI wheels.

Red AH SRI T
8th December 2005, 07:16 AM
They didn't say it was "the WORST" small car, your taking it out of context

Anywho, the Barina filmed was from my dealership :D you also got to see pics of a barina inside our dealership.

And they holden guy talking was my Boss :D

Still they didn't bag the car as much as they could have, but did they really have to mention the D word?

CJB
8th December 2005, 12:26 PM
It got the lowest rating out of all the small cars - that to me says worst small car! :p

Damn I wish I had watched closer, may have seen you in your G-String dancing around the dealership!!!

Red AH SRI T
8th December 2005, 04:55 PM
not out of "all the small cars" but simply the ones that were there.

you need to look close honey ;)

CJB
8th December 2005, 05:09 PM
I am trying to make a point!!!! I don't care if it's not 100% accurate!!! :p

EL BURITO
8th December 2005, 05:49 PM
I am trying to make a point!!!! I don't care if it's not 100% accurate!!! :p

Kyle has a point. wat small cars on the market currently available would fit into the worser catagry wen put up against the new barina??? I can think of any. open to correction thou

entice
8th December 2005, 08:09 PM
so you guys all propose that GMHA sell the OPel Corsa at a loss, so you get a better car, and holden maintains sales?

Heard today that the older barinas were being sold at a loss for GMHA....

Red AH SRI T
9th December 2005, 08:12 AM
i propose the Kia Rio, Daihatsu Sirion, Daihatsu Charade

Mr T
9th December 2005, 09:06 AM
Well Daihatsu's are finished in aus now anyway....

So that leaves the Kia Rio

so you guys all propose that GMHA sell the OPel Corsa at a loss, so you get a better car, and holden maintains sales?

No...we are proposing that Holden market the car for what it is...they were making plenty on the Barina before they stuffed up in 2003 and then got this idea that cheaper was better...

entice
9th December 2005, 09:18 AM
Market the car for what it is would mean price goes up. Price goes up means less sales, and due to economy of scale, if there are less sales price must go up to maintain LONG TERM viability..

Mr T
9th December 2005, 09:39 AM
Market the car for what it is would mean price goes up. Price goes up means less sales, and due to economy of scale, if there are less sales price must go up to maintain LONG TERM viability..

Motor companies would discount cars in order to sell more so that they can acheive cost leadership. but considering that Corsa's are made over seas and by someone else this does not apply.

3 years ago XC Barina was 13,990 plus 1,880 for air...and they sold more then than they do now....Yaris is 13,990 plus air and its only a 1.3l...I bet my left nut that Yaris out sells the new Barina...!!!

Price is only 1/4 of marketing, anyone that has been in sales long enough would know that once the customer wants the car, price is no object...

...sell the car first, then worry about the price

Dee
9th December 2005, 09:41 AM
3 years ago XC Barina was 13,990 plus 1,880 for air...and they sold more then than they do now....

damn, where was that, i paid $17,500 2.5 years ago for my SXi

Mr T
9th December 2005, 10:18 AM
Car 13,990+
Air 1880+
D/C 1295
S.Total 17,165+
S/Duty 515+
Rego 300 (or so)
CTP 300 (or so)
G. Total $18,280

Less negotiation...!!!

Red AH SRI T
9th December 2005, 10:30 AM
the reason Holden took all the equipment out of the barina was because it wasn't selling anywhere near as well as it should have been

Dee
9th December 2005, 10:30 AM
sorry i was thinking drive away....

EL BURITO
9th December 2005, 02:24 PM
I paid $16,500 abouts for my SXI in 04 as they did the end of finacial year run out. Sell the Corsa as lets see A CORSA. SRI in England costs around 10,000 pounds with you leather, AC, body kit and Low profiles and 1.8L. I would be happy to pay around 25,000 for the car. Only problem in Austraila it would be a nesh market look at how many SRi's got sold. I still want a corsa D thou:mad:

Alfonzo
9th December 2005, 02:32 PM
Wow, and yet I'm not surprised.

Honestly, what did Holden think? Their badge isn't THAT golden that it'll turn a turd into a flower.

I'm expecting similar reviews for the Viva and whatever on earth they intend to replace the Vectra with.