PDA

View Full Version : FIANALY!!! Some sense from Holden Re SRi T

Red AH SRI T
7th December 2005, 01:53 PM
So our Holden rep is sitting in our showrrom right now, so i told him the whole SRi T saga and he gave me a release date of 2nd QTR 2006!!!

So any time after march, YAY!

Mr T
7th December 2005, 01:57 PM
So any time after march, YAY!

HA...you mean any time after August...:rolleyes:

Dee
7th December 2005, 01:58 PM
are you sure now???? like this is it... they say a new date everytime you ask them...

blueraven
7th December 2005, 02:43 PM
i called mine..and he still says feb :rolleyes:

oneightoo
7th December 2005, 03:06 PM
i called mine..and he still says feb :rolleyes:
thats cos perth is closer to europe.. hahaha

BassyAstra
7th December 2005, 05:28 PM
Email dorky donky back and tell the bitch that.

rjastra
7th December 2005, 06:46 PM
2nd qtr 2006 could be 30 June!!

Bah... they can stick it... off to get a polo GTi.

R3N
7th December 2005, 07:46 PM
Blackie can you tell Holden to have adaptive forward lighting (xenons) as an option on the VXRs? I'm considering writing a letter!!!

BassyAstra
7th December 2005, 08:00 PM
Blackie can you tell Holden to have adaptive forward lighting (xenons) as an option on the VXRs? I'm considering writing a letter!!!
You love your lighting R3N, but i agree with you strongly it should have.

R3N
7th December 2005, 08:58 PM
You love your lighting R3N, but i agree with you strongly it should have.

its so truee... i have a light fetish

BassyAstra
7th December 2005, 10:04 PM
its so truee... i have a light fetish

Hahahha.
I belive you also like your Lightning

Red AH SRI T
8th December 2005, 07:21 AM
HA...you mean any time after August...:rolleyes:

how does 2nd quater = august?

2nd qtr is April May and June

I can wait that long

RJ hold off, don't buy the VW!!!

Mr T
8th December 2005, 09:09 AM
how does 2nd quater = august?

2nd qtr is April May and June

Experience tells me that Holden always delay launches...

*I was being sarcastic*

Also, the dude at the HSV stand at Sydney Motor Show told me that the HSV VXR would more than likely arrive before the SRi-T...but then he also said that the VXR was built by Vauxhall and it had 240nm...:rolleyes:

Red AH SRI T
8th December 2005, 09:41 AM
sorry, i didnt know whether u were being sarcastic or not
:p

at least we know the Barina sedan is coming in Feb!

*creams his pants*

the dude at HSV obviously had no idea!!

JohnBu
8th December 2005, 12:44 PM
2nd qtr 2006 could be 30 June!!

Bah... they can stick it... off to get a polo GTi.

i hope the wait of the polo GTi isnt like the Golf

let us know what the final drive away price of the polo is.. as i know the golf is $$$$ above retail

SSS_Hoon
8th December 2005, 03:39 PM
the polo is already here there are few in the city and northern beaches afaik and have been told anyway, i think 33k but not too sure.

and the golf gti aint that much over rrp we got ours less then rrp mmm yummy.

and i would get the polo over the sri t but the vxr over the polo and the golf over the vxr.

SSS_Hoon

SSS_Hoon

Wraith
8th December 2005, 04:25 PM
mmmmmmmm VXR Astra in red duco yummie.

Don't care when it arrives as long as it does.

Bye bye Calibra - hello Astra H VXR Coupe, sitting along side my TS Astra T Convertible.... oh yeh

sasrit
8th December 2005, 05:47 PM
I think Polo Gti's are only 30K on the road, don't have much direct competition. As for Golf Gti's I don't know why there seems to be people waiting for them for so long, dealer in Adelaide has had 4 different colour Gti's with various options in the forecourt as demos for a couple of months, mind you one is over 50K!!!!!!

rjastra
8th December 2005, 06:45 PM
$30300 for a basic Polo Gti on road.

$1500 for sunroof.
$2500 for heated leather seats.

Looking at one with sunroof only. red or white. Cheap for what you are getting.

Red AH SRI T
9th December 2005, 08:22 AM
if i was going for the Polo GTI i would much rather spend the extra money and get the RenaultSport Clio, its so much better in every way possible, not to mention a hell of a lot quicker

zoidberg
9th December 2005, 11:43 AM
As said before, Holden always delay launches becasue they have no idea. When the VZ was released they said there would be no series 2 in that model due to the VE being released in Mrch 2006. Current Wheels mag is saying Holden have now said VE will be out September 2006.

I'm so close to ordering a Golf GTI

Red AH SRI T
9th December 2005, 11:49 AM
don't do it to urself!!!!

pred8r
9th December 2005, 03:21 PM
polo GTI $26990+ORC
leather and roof as options

blackSRi
9th December 2005, 03:47 PM
Yeah - http://carsguide.news.com.au/story/0,20384,17500100-21822,00.html

Dee
9th December 2005, 03:52 PM
wait until they import the Civic Type R

this video is a comparison between the Corolla T-Sport (Sportivo), Civic Type R and the Renault Sport Clio.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4249199324747017898&q=s2000

blackSRi
9th December 2005, 05:09 PM
Re: video - I like that - on wet roads "Front-wheel drive is easier to get traction coming out of corners compared to rear-wheel.." - zactly what I said b4. Oh and hot civic? naah - cheaper to jazz up a Jazz (according to my host father in Japan who races Civics in car clubs)..mmm I wish they would evaluate the Polo GTi against the Clio and Tivo, throw in the Asta VXR for a real match...or are they only doing NA cars?

So what is the deal - is the AstraT coming out as a 1.8T?
The VXR is a different SRiT (2.0T)?
or are these one and the same (eg is the SRiT the 1.8 or 2.0T)?

rjastra
9th December 2005, 07:56 PM
The clio is $6000+ more expensive.... and I have driven them. Great if you are fanging it... but utter crap for day to day living. Very crook driving position and not the best built car around (they have lots of probs with them).

As for it being faster than a Polo Gti... yes it is standard... but the 1.8L engine in the Polo is fairly easily upped in power/ torque.

AS for the Civic Type R... there is no indications we will get it and IF we do it will be the rather crook looking Civic Coupe not the 5 door hatch that europe gets. All guessing is that it will be at least as expensive as the Golf Gti et al for a peaking 2L engine.

Red AH SRI T
9th December 2005, 10:17 PM
Re: video - I like that - on wet roads "Front-wheel drive is easier to get traction coming out of corners compared to rear-wheel.." - zactly what I said b4. Oh and hot civic? naah - cheaper to jazz up a Jazz (according to my host father in Japan who races Civics in car clubs)..mmm I wish they would evaluate the Polo GTi against the Clio and Tivo, throw in the Asta VXR for a real match...or are they only doing NA cars?

So what is the deal - is the AstraT coming out as a 1.8T?
The VXR is a different SRiT (2.0T)?
or are these one and the same (eg is the SRiT the 1.8 or 2.0T)?

once again:

SRiT = 2.0 Turbo 147kW
VXR = 2.0 Turbo 176kW

aussie_in_london
10th December 2005, 02:11 PM
As said before, Holden always delay launches becasue they have no idea. When the VZ was released they said there would be no series 2 in that model due to the VE being released in Mrch 2006. Current Wheels mag is saying Holden have now said VE will be out September 2006.

Holden dont really have a choice in the delay
its across the board in the UK/Europe for the
SRi sports hatch and VXR, I dont think you guys
will get the SRi until the factory clear the back log
which is currently in process

Wraith
10th December 2005, 07:01 PM

Hard decision you've got there.

Golf GTi is very temping - good looks and performance and handling.

There was a review on 5th gear last week and they gave it the thumbs up for everything.

They said it's got the best tiptronic ( hope that's what it's called ) around - even better than Alfa's and Ferrari's and this version is quicker than the manual.......as I said very tempting

rjastra
11th December 2005, 12:33 AM
I just test drove a Polo Gti.

Have to say that it easily one of the best value hot hatches around at the moment. Looks like a smaller golf GTi :)
Performancewise it seems to sit between the normal Astra Sri 2.2 and the old Astra Turbo.

The interior is of a high quality for the price. The car is loaded with equipment. About the only notable exclusions are steering wheel mounted audio controls and a 6 stacker or MP3 compatible stereo.
Detailing of interior is excellent. Subtle red stitching on seats, steering wheel and handbrake lever. The seats are excellent (especially the optional leather seats)

Nice exhaust note on start up. IN fact the exhaust is rather noisey (not in a bad way) for a production car. Engine pickup is smooth. No real turbo kick. Just lots of low down torque. A tyical low blow turbo engine.

Smooth ride on most surfaces. Good turnin and handling. Helped by top of the line Continental tyres on 16x7 in rims! A little bling... red brake calipers :)

Red AH SRI T
11th December 2005, 12:54 AM
well after reading reviews of the POLO GTi i have to say i'm very impressed, although if i was in the market for a little three door i would have to drive it back to back to the renault clio Sport and i think the clio would win, even if it meant forking out extra $$$$$$$$

blackSRi
11th December 2005, 03:11 AM
I just test drove a Polo Gti.

Have to say that it easily one of the best value hot hatches around at the moment. Looks like a smaller golf GTi :)
Performancewise it seems to sit between the normal Astra Sri 2.2 and the old Astra Turbo...

Dang, when I spoke to a VW dealer who does our fleet he said you won't get a test-drive - they are going straight out to those who order them. Oh and on-road for $30K.
You're lucky to get a test drive - won't happen here! :-(
IMHO the choices I have are the Tivo, and the 3 euros -
Clio Sport,
Pug 180 GTI Cup,
Polo GTi

So would you say the Polo feel is similar to the standard - just if I want an idea - it's tempting as a choice.

rjastra
11th December 2005, 05:31 PM
The deed has been done:

Silver Polo Gti with sunroof has been ordered. Should get it in about a month.

I will re-iterate. the Polo is not as hardcore as the Clio/206 Gti. But the quality, driving position, ease of use, equipment level, price etc etc leave both of those cars for dead.

Out of the 206 Gti 180 and Clio.... the CLio leaves the 206 for dead. It is the king of the hot hatches. They are doing spectacular deals on the "regular" 206 Gti (100kw engine) in the $25K range.

macquered
11th December 2005, 07:39 PM
Nice one :D

I sat in a silver one at Mascot yesterday with leather and roof. It's tempting.....

There are a few other buyers waiting for theirs to arrive on the 'tex;

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zeroforum?id=137

rjastra
14th December 2005, 01:50 PM
I see the expected release date of the VXR Astra is late 2006 now.

blackSRi
20th December 2005, 03:23 PM
Interesting, the The Daily Telegraph via http://carsguide.news.com.au/story/0,20384,17568213-21822,00.html reports:

"The SRi Turbo Astra and the Barina sedan are also expected before March."

Bernard Siong
20th December 2005, 07:57 PM
go the clio sport!
my mate has one and even though it doesnt looks like a sports car i think it beats them in power and handling!