PDA

View Full Version : First look: Holden's medium sedan future!

Red AH SRI T
6th December 2005, 08:47 PM
http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/E518B82DB8D19D13CA2570CF00125FF5

I have many more pics, including interior pics, hmm, u can find them also on www.carspyforums.net

joe
6th December 2005, 09:07 PM
what a ugly piece of asian ****.

Alfonzo
6th December 2005, 09:13 PM
*runs off to sell Vectra*

That's fugly... it's just.... WRONG!

BassyAstra
6th December 2005, 09:57 PM
Whats next...its terrible

GeeeAus
6th December 2005, 10:21 PM
Unsurprisingly I'm a supporter of the change. Vectra is brilliant but is a sales disaster that Holden cannot ignore or sustain. Its styling is a clear departure from Vectra, almost as if it were to say to the customer" I'm a completely different car, not a disguised Vectra"..... This MAY assist Holden in bringing back prospects Vectra's aloof pricing and BEEFCAKE styling scared away.

Holden is reinventing itself in the medium car segment with this model as it has done in the small and small medium segments with Barina and Viva.

I've been awaiting its’ launch for a while, looks like I'll have to wait a little longer.

In my view the styling is very "Nissan Maximaesque.)

Is that even a word.....?

Which is also to say highly controversial, but so long as it draws a reaction (of any kind) from the public, its future may be bright.

It seems as though Daewoo might be using some styling themes it inherited from its’ temporary partnership with Ssangyong. The grille is very Ssangyong Chairmenesque…..

English wierds me out sometimes.....

I think this car will be made or lost on its' road holding and fuel economy figures, something the current Vectra delivers with finesse.

Very interesting to look at, I imagine Holden will settle the grille down a little for our market, the car shown looks like its been styled for a largely American audience.

GeeeAus

Red AH SRI T
7th December 2005, 07:27 AM
i hate how the lights look like they are $2 copies from a BMW 5 Series

btm
7th December 2005, 08:08 AM
all i have to say is UGLY

Mr T
7th December 2005, 08:35 AM
Sorta makes you wonder....why disbanden Daewoo in Aus just to slowly replace all the Holden cars with Daewoo's

Daewoo went broke for a reason....

InsaneAsylum
7th December 2005, 09:09 AM
hahahahahahaha TOSS-CAR

imay
7th December 2005, 09:32 AM
[QUOTE=Black AH CDX]http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/E518B82DB8D19D13CA2570CF00125FF5
QUOTE]

Ooh look, an outdated Camry, with a Holden badge!!

RK
7th December 2005, 09:35 AM
Just as long as they dont call it a Vectra! Or i'm selling my car :\
Ugly piece of shat!

ronj
7th December 2005, 09:14 PM
Sorta makes you wonder....why disbanden Daewoo in Aus just to slowly replace all the Holden cars with Daewoo's

Daewoo went broke for a reason....

It sure makes you wonder Mr T.. GMs global plan

mixmelb
7th December 2005, 10:32 PM
Talked to the sales ppl, Vectra has been dropped from Holden. Not making enough profit for Holden.
What a sad day....

EL BURITO
8th December 2005, 01:00 AM
Just as long as they dont call it a Vectra! Or i'm selling my car :\
Ugly piece of shat!

Just debadge there arnt that many vectras on the raods as it is few people actally know wat it is.

If HOLDEN wants to impove its small/medium car segment they are deffinatly going about this the wrong way about it.

Red AH SRI T
8th December 2005, 07:23 AM
Talked to the sales ppl, Vectra has been dropped from Holden. Not making enough profit for Holden.
What a sad day....

welcome out from under that rock!

Where have u been?

Mr T
8th December 2005, 09:02 AM
It sure makes you wonder Mr T.. GMs global plan

Global plan or not...its a pathetic attempt at increasing GM share prices by predicting higher than realistic forecast profits...thats why they are in the **** because share prices fell and subsiquently the Debt:Equity ratio is now lower than 1:1 and the banks wont give them any more money...

Now, the long term problem for Holden is that they will lose their identity, they were starting to get a reputation for quality cars - with the exclusion of the locally built cars - and now they are doing a complete back flip and destroying what Hanemburger built and destroying the used car market...

...think about all the Corsa owners, with ACA rating it as the worse car, do you think people are going to buy second hand Opel built Barina's - Mr and Mrs Jones wont know the difference...

EL BURITO
8th December 2005, 03:30 PM
do you think people are going to buy second hand Opel built Barina's - Mr and Mrs Jones wont know the difference...

Thats the best resoning for rebadging i have ever herd.

Red AH SRI T
8th December 2005, 04:58 PM
Thats the best resoning for rebadging i have ever herd.

oh my lord your spelling annoys the sh!t out of me

if your doing it on purpose please stop, its not cool

blackSRi
8th December 2005, 07:07 PM
I think it looks like a crappy Sonata....

01CDsedan
8th December 2005, 10:02 PM
As I've said before about the Barina and Viva, from a sales and business point of view, having this car is a good move. Vectra cost too much and therefore had to be discounted to sell (and the resale value of the ZC models has bombed as a result). This one, like the other Daewoos, should return Holden a tidy profit even when sold at a low price.

It probably also means Holden is getting back into the "medium size whitegoods" (think Camry) market in a big way rather than going after Accord, Liberty etc which is where the Vectra was at. As others have said though, in the longer run some of these cheaper cars may devalue the Holden brand - especially if they're not the class leaders that some of the Opel models were (think TS and XC - not so much AH, it has to be said).

Pity it's so bloody unattractive, but then again the ZC Vectra is no work of art either.

Mr T
9th December 2005, 09:19 AM
I think it looks like a crappy Sonata....

Na...more like a mongrel bred Avalon...

btw Sonata's arn't crappy, take one for a drive...you'll be forced to eat some humble pie...!!!

GeeeAus
9th December 2005, 10:06 AM
GM is betting its’ business on this kind of strategy. It’s true it isn't doing well, and hasn't for years. Harley Davidson shares dwarf GM's

I think GM mind you, has the resources to see this strategy through in the longer term. Ford isn't doing well either, and that helps to level out things a little. Of course Toyota is doing swimmingly thank you very much, but the Japanese economy in general is still poorly and GM has a foot in the hybrid market also.

The Daewoo's look classier, even if flamboyant and rude, but Toyota makes very nice reliable boring budget cars. They are frequently no handlers themselves and leave much to be desired in terms of road dynamics.

To be honest, I really do think that from my first hand experiences with them and Daewoo cars, the Daewoo is cheap and cheesy, but better to drive.

Not sharp, or rally bred, but certainly more interesting and engaging and more accomplished with sound daily driver handling.

GM is pushing back at the low end, and for low end this stuff is good. The Maxima and Camry that both bear some vague resemblance to this machine were hard workers that sold O.K. (not swell for Maxima) and did their job.

Not a bad association for a new model.

I'm sure Daewoo will be, if not is; capable of making some really neat and well done little cheap cars.

I think this looks good, but how it really is, well that’s yet to be seen.

Don't be too concerned about GM's push for a global turn around.

I watched Apple Computer Save itself with some really hair brained color-coded computers with cheap optical drives. The iMac, then came other manufacturers with iToatsers, iKitchen Jugs, iPot Scrubbers, iPicture Frames etc. etc.

GeeeAus

blackSRi
9th December 2005, 03:17 PM
Na...more like a mongrel bred Avalon...

btw Sonata's arn't crappy, take one for a drive...you'll be forced to eat some humble pie...!!!

I tried to take one for a drive but:
no stock,
they were not interested in fleet,
too expensive for the better engine...

Still looks ugly tho...

Oh, and Daewoo=devaluing the Holden brand with cheap cars....just the opposite of Toyota (eg. Lexus), set to become the largest world car company...

Dee
9th December 2005, 03:19 PM
I watched Apple Computer Save itself with some really hair brained color-coded computers with cheap optical drives. The iMac, then came other manufacturers with iToatsers, iKitchen Jugs, iPot Scrubbers, iPicture Frames etc. etc.

GeeeAus

iToilet

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/1063/itoilet6dq.jpg