PDA

View Full Version : Holden reduces VECTRA prices A G A I N!!!!!!

Red AH SRI T
6th December 2005, 11:10 AM
Well its happened again, holden has further dropped the already reduced price of the vectra even further!!!

All CD models stay at their already reduced prices ($5000 off 4cyl and $6000 off 6cyl).

CDX: Previous Price $39 990
First Reduction $37990
New Price $34990

CDXi Previous Price $45990 + $2000 Auto
First Reduction $43990 + $2000 Auto
New Price $37990 + $2000 Auto

OH MY GAWD! SO CHEAP!!!

Dee
6th December 2005, 11:12 AM
thats because they are as popular as a pedophile in a kindergarten (as a holden dealer once told me...) which is fair enough, you can buy a commodore for that price. as if you would pay $40,000 for a 4cly car that isnt a performance car... what are they thinking

Red AH SRI T
6th December 2005, 11:17 AM
umm, none of the vectra's that are priced near 40 grand are 4cyl

the v6 is an absoloute flyer!

Bernard Siong
6th December 2005, 11:18 AM
geez as if ud choose a commodore over a vectra if u had the chance anyway?
vectras are heaps more classier

Red AH SRI T
6th December 2005, 11:20 AM
yes, much more like a pedophile in a catholic all girls school :p

InsaneAsylum
6th December 2005, 11:28 AM
yeah i don't get it either. the vectra B was around $25000 new for a 4 cyl GL sedan. i think it was more successful in that price bracket

Mr T
6th December 2005, 11:37 AM
Too late...the car is already 2 1/2 years old...already lost its momentum ! ! !

mr_sikma
6th December 2005, 11:41 AM
ohhh fwd v6, what are they thinking.

they are way overpriced medium sized cars!

RK
6th December 2005, 11:43 AM
There will be no more Vectra either. This is the end of the line for it in Australia. Shame really. The CDXi's are so much better than the Commodores.

RK
6th December 2005, 11:44 AM
ohhh fwd v6, what are they thinking.

they are way overpriced medium sized cars!

Drive one, and then make that comment :)

Red AH SRI T
6th December 2005, 11:52 AM
yes, the CDXi is now outstanding value for money!

Full leather, auto lights, full electric seats with memory, power everything, great sound system, all the electronic controls in the world

i'd rather it over a Calais anyday

hmm, maye i should upgrade? :p

Dee
6th December 2005, 12:01 PM
umm, none of the vectra's that are priced near 40 grand are 4cyl

the v6 is an absoloute flyer!
sorry didnt read the post properly. and i would never buy a commodore either. another holden salesman told me to buy a commodore instead of an astra turbo because they were a much better car and he could sell me a commodore cheaper than the astra T

RK
6th December 2005, 12:08 PM
i'd rather it over a Calais anyday

This is exactly what a Holden salesman told me after driving both cars for a week.

mr_sikma
6th December 2005, 12:08 PM
Drive one, and then make that comment :)

i could drive 10 and say the same thing.

fwd's with a bit of power are stupid!

biggish cars should not be fwd!

RK
6th December 2005, 12:25 PM
With technology these days, the FWD cars handle a LOT better than they used to. Unless you wanna go sideways around every corner, it shouldnt really matter if its FWD or RWD.

mr_sikma
6th December 2005, 12:33 PM
put your foot down to take off fast...

you get torque steer and have no control

go fast into a corner...

you get understeer and have no control

this has happened to me in slow fwds, i can imagine what it would be like in a faster one!

RK
6th December 2005, 12:36 PM

you get wheel spin

go fast into a corner...

you get oversteer and have no control

same thing applies to RWD

i guess i should stay Vectra CDXi is a good car for people who dont drive like maniacs, or on a race track. happy? :)

Red AH SRI T
6th December 2005, 01:03 PM

hmm, u have obviously never driven a CDXi vectra.

There is almost NO torque steer

go on, go be a dummy customer and take one for a drive and flog the **** out of the farking thing then tell me u think it sucks

EL BURITO
6th December 2005, 01:12 PM

Isnt a mangna a FWD???

astra_city
6th December 2005, 01:23 PM
The Vectra is a very good car. My step mum just got a new CDXi for her company car - really nice to drive. Craps all over the Berlina we had before in my opinion. Very little body roll, pretty gutsy, great fit and finish and a lot of features normally only found on much more expensive cars.
In a different class to the commodore in my opinion.

GeeeAus
6th December 2005, 01:23 PM
The Vectra is a SUPERIOR handler to its’ Commodore counterpart. It has all manner of electronic and suspension gadgetry that put it well beyond the reach of a commodore. Vectra can be easily commanded into oversteer, yes "OVERSTEER" on demand by a spirited driver with almost no skill.

The car's electronic aids making the difference in a huge way.

Even the older Vectra B was a brilliant handler and had great stability and predictable steering. You could push and push Vectra B through the corners and it would stay compliant and plant itself firmly on greater and greater angles of turn in. Its quite amazing to see really.

The Vectra C just widened the wheelbase and added better equipment which enhanced handling some more.

I'm sorry to jump to conclusions, but it certainly appears to me, mr_sikma, that you've never had the pleasure of punting a Vectra through some twisted terrain. A shame really, because there is no mistaking its’ incredible roadholding and steering.

The Commodore, even the SS really looks like a toy when compared with a Vectra on arduous roads.

Very, very impressive for a medium car to behave the way Vectra does.

You can make a mess in Vectra, as you can in anything, but you’d have to throw all good judgement to the wind, because Vectra is very, very forgiving, so much so some describe its’ spirited driving demeanour as “BENIGN”.

GeeeAus

oneightoo
6th December 2005, 01:25 PM
my parents have an 02 vectra cd 2.6ltr v6 manual.. i used to drive that around before i got my sri.. even that model hammered when i took off fast.. minimal torque steer.. i got more movement when i used to floor my vn commodore or my brothers vt commodore..

nothing wrong with a fwd..

stevedee3
6th December 2005, 01:27 PM
It's raining today in Melbourne. Put your foot down in a CDXi and the front wheels try to spin. Put your foot down in a Commodore and the back wheels spin.

But it's very difficult to lose control of a CDXi, even with the ESP switched off.

At $38k, a bargain IMHO :), especially since you can't get a manual Calais...

RK
6th December 2005, 01:48 PM
The Vectra is a very good car. My step mum just got a new CDXi for her company car - really nice to drive. Craps all over the Berlina we had before in my opinion. Very little body roll, pretty gutsy, great fit and finish and a lot of features normally only found on much more expensive cars.
In a different class to the commodore in my opinion.

Yup yup! The features and quality in general is what puts the Vectra above most other cars. Its more an an AUDI than a Holden :P The Vectra B was okay, but quality wise it wasnt all that grand. Vectra C is faaar more superior. Just look for Vectra CDXi reviews on the net, Sikma, and pretty much every driver has loved the car :)

Mr T
6th December 2005, 02:46 PM

you get torque steer and have no control

go fast into a corner...

you get understeer and have no control

this has happened to me in slow fwds, i can imagine what it would be like in a faster one!

Torque steer is almost non existant in quality cars like this
Torque steer will not cause you a loss of control
Go fast into a corner and ESP will save your bacon
Commodores have more understeer than veccy's
Those slow fwd you are talking about where most likely built in Japan...!!!I have driven both the 155KW veccy and the 173KW FWD Sonata...and I can honestly say that neither of these cars fit the discription that you have laid out...!!!

R3N
6th December 2005, 03:29 PM
This is exactly what a Holden salesman told me after driving both cars for a week.

Blackie's a Holden salesman!

I would so get a Vectra if I had the money, much more refined... but most people have this thing in their head to buy commodores.

I wouldn't buy a Commodore, even though I haven't driven one before, it gets facelifted like once every few months, resale value falls... wouldn't own one just for this reason at all.

Now the Vectra I can see myself in and be enjoying.

Pity it won't be around anymore, I guess the next logical step would be an Audi :D

Where's Bassy in all of this!

Red AH SRI T
6th December 2005, 08:37 PM
And remember when the Vectra C was launched in Australia Motor tested the CDXi and asked the question of OZ was ready for a $50 000 car that wasn't a commonwhore and they said that the vectra was more than up to the task, infact i wish they did a test between the vectra and the calais

Alfonzo
6th December 2005, 09:18 PM
Hoo-fking-ray, another price drop...

Now my JS is worth another $2000 LESS :mad:

sorry... pissed off mood this evening...

NUTTTR
6th December 2005, 09:25 PM
*insert politically incorrect comment*

... but most people have this thing in their head to buy commodores.

I wouldn't buy a Commodore, even though I haven't driven one before, it gets facelifted like once every few months, resale value falls... wouldn't own one just for this reason at all.

That's because this damn place is full of bogans...

I don't know why you'd buy a commy in the first place, esp when the vectra is cheap as....

joe
6th December 2005, 09:27 PM
omg id love a vectra and yes its more like a audi look is awsome id love this car more then any other this version and shap is my fave the 2003 OPC vectra check out the pic i mean that is awsome shape its shame they didnt bring this car to oz, but id love to be able to afford the vertra cdxi nice car

NUTTTR
6th December 2005, 10:50 PM
Yup, i so want that!

Red AH SRI T
7th December 2005, 07:29 AM
why oh why won't holden bring out the new facelifted vectra and price it properly?

its so much prettier and will sell so much better :'(

stevedee3
7th December 2005, 08:37 AM
Hmmm... 2.8l V6 turbo... (drools...)

RK
7th December 2005, 09:37 AM
Its a pity that we wont get to see those performance Vectra's in Australia :(

blackSRi
7th December 2005, 12:30 PM
That OPC Veccie is very nice - I was tempted by a Vectra when looking for a car - I went with the Astra SRi as it was better value for a 4cyl.
I still think AWD is the way though with more power - why the top Euro and Japanese cars come with it. I get sick of wheelspin on my SRi, and I have driven a few Calais and Falcons on hire and the rear has broken loose and I have has tyre spin in slippery conditions - annoying and dangerous. In fact in very slippery conditions in England this year, both the new Astra and the Focus Zetec stuck to the road better than I think the Falcon would under situations of heavy rain, wrong camber, clay and leaves on the road etc- but, IMHO - I want AWD on a performance coupe/4door.

stevedee3
7th December 2005, 01:00 PM
Subaru Liberty 3.0 R spec B would suit me fine...

blackSRi
7th December 2005, 01:05 PM
I'm not greedy - just a B4

Red AH SRI T
7th December 2005, 01:27 PM
i'll stcik to my euro cars thanks

no jap crap boxes for moi

Mr T
7th December 2005, 01:42 PM
i'll stcik to my euro cars thanks

no jap crap boxes for moi

Thats two of us then...:cool:

CJB
7th December 2005, 01:45 PM
Thats two of us then...:cool:
Make that the 3 of us then :p

aussievectra
7th December 2005, 04:06 PM
I so want those rims and grille. Anyone know where I can get them from. And yes the Vectra CDXi does drive really well and goes well has enough guts and touge to even take on a motorbike.
http://opelaus.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=246&stc=1&d=1133865249

01CDsedan
8th December 2005, 10:19 PM
Just some comments on those who are comparing the Vectra to the Commodore - I've driven quite a few kays in a ZC Vectra and a couple of different VZ Commodores so:

* Both cars are about as quick as each other, although the Vectra feels quicker when accelerating.
* Vectra clearly outhandles non-sports Commodores, but is not up to the standard of cars like the SS which operate at a higher level again. No noticeable torque steer or undesirable handling characteristics inherent in powerful FWD cars in the Vectra.
* Commodore's interior now looks dated compared to the Vectra (as it would, it's a design that dates back to 1997) but is far more practical. Vectra's interior design is very illogical and the layout of things (particularly the huge dashboard) wastes a lot of space. Net result is that there is significantly more room inside a Commodore.
* Vectra is a bit better made, but there's not much in it.
* Vectra sounds much better under hard acceleration but Commodore sounds better when just cruising around.
* Visibility out of the Commodore is much better than it is out of the Vectra. Vectra is bordering on unsafe with massive blindspots around the A pillar particularly and a window line that really is a bit too high.

At the crazy prices Vectras are going for at the moment, I'd take one over a Commodore unless I needed the interior space. Ask me the same question in a year from now when there's an all new Commodore and I'll likely give you the exact opposite answer.

kojarena
8th December 2005, 11:05 PM
well as it turns out Holden has screwed me again - reading reports here that they have reduced the list price of the Vectra CDXi to 37,990 plus 2,000 for auto and then on roads.

I put a holding deposit on one last Friday and my lease company faxed an order there yesterday. By my calculations I have paid 2180 over retail for the car - and that doesnt include any discounts given this car was driven for 400klm by the DP's wife.

so does anyone know what my recourse is? So far all I have paid is 500 holding deposit and not signed any documents or orders. In fact I havent signed a thing. The lease company has issued an order for the vehicle but similarly not have signed anything nor have they paid any money. They wont pay anything till I sign the deed of novation and the lease agreement - nor will they release the car. If I dont sign they wont pay the dealer.

I was thinking of doing the following tomorrow;

1. find out when dealers were told of the price drop and attempt to obtain proof of this advice by holden.
2. ring another dealer and confirm price drop
3. ring GMH and confirm price drop - seek advice re recourse for price drop
4. ring another dealer and get full price of vehicle on the road with price drop included
5. call Dept Fair Trading re rights to obtain fair price and recourse, also ask re cooling off period
6. call MTA re same
7. call lease company and advise, also how to get out of purchase
8. call dealer and advise - seek counter offer for difference or advise its going to tribunal
9. decide !!!

the way I see it the dealers must have known on Tuesday when the lease company faxed the order. In any event does anyone know if there is a cooling off period. I paid 500 but its a no brainer if I can pick up a new one for a couple of grand less...

it never ends with holden does it?

kojarena
8th December 2005, 11:30 PM
i should also add I paid 37750 for the car on the road with window tint but this included a 3k GM card discount and the GST taken out (novated lease).

my calculations show a brand new one on the road, according to the prices in the first post of this thread would be

$37,990 List
$2,000 Auto
$1200 stamp duty
$650 dealer delivery
$700 rego
$230 tint

=43970 on road

-3998 GST
-3000 GM discount

=36972 on the road

so the diff is about 800 bucks but then I am driving a car thats already been driven for the past month by the dealer principles wife so rightly the diff is more.

friggin holden
t

Red AH SRI T
9th December 2005, 08:01 AM
hmm, whats the $3000 GM discount for?

kojarena
9th December 2005, 08:36 AM
hmm, whats the $3000 GM discount for?

gm card - applies to any new or demo on top of the best price i can get

Mr T
9th December 2005, 08:57 AM
Kojarena:

Stress less buddy....

Ring the dealer and ask them to adjust the price, if they dont then cancel the contract. If they keep your 5 spot, who cares go to another dealer and save the thousands there...!!!

kojarena
9th December 2005, 09:48 AM
Kojarena:

Stress less buddy....

Ring the dealer and ask them to adjust the price, if they dont then cancel the contract. If they keep your 5 spot, who cares go to another dealer and save the thousands there...!!!

done - they reduced the price by 2300 nett - so instead of getting the money back I had them put a Hollandia 700 sunroof in as well as some other accessories.

good result - not as good a deal as first thought and if I had known about this price drop last week it would have impacted my decision to buy this actual car but i suppose s**t happens and I am lucky to have got something.

Thanks to Black AH CDX for posting the drop - if I hadnt read that there may have been trouble

t

stevedee3
9th December 2005, 10:31 AM
Glad to hear you obatined a satisfactory outcome. Enjoy the car!

Red AH SRI T
9th December 2005, 10:35 AM
You got a sunroof put in?

Jesus christ bad decision!!!

sorry

when the ZC first came to Oz u could get CDXi from factory with or without sunroof, sunroof take up was low so they dropped it. then people started putting in aftermarket sunroofs and now those same people are having endless fu.ck ups with the car's electronic systems. Its because of the CANBUS system, unless its done factory then u will continually get problems, there is even an offical buliten from holden stating that they recommend against aftermarket sunroof fitment.

its up to u, but i would prefer u to be able to enjoy ur Vectra rather than be continually whinging about problems due to the sunroof and having ur car off the road

mixmelb
9th December 2005, 10:50 AM
I wish I have the $$$ for the new CDXi....

joe
11th December 2005, 12:28 PM
I wish I have the $$$ for the new CDXi....
hell yeah so do i love this car would look the good opelized

ZC_74
11th December 2005, 01:17 PM
I so want those rims and grille. Anyone know where I can get them from. And yes the Vectra CDXi does drive really well and goes well has enough guts and touge to even take on a motorbike.
http://opelaus.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=246&stc=1&d=1133865249

Yeah I'm the same. I spoke to a guy on www.forum.vectra-c.com and he told me the rims were available as an option from the dealer in the UK and they are worth 900 pounds just for the rims. It would be easy enough to get hold of.

stevedee3
11th December 2005, 05:39 PM
http://opelaus.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=246&stc=1&d=1133865249That front bumper looks awesome too...

ZC_74
11th December 2005, 07:28 PM
That front bumper looks awesome too...
Stevedee3, apart from the mesh possibly, isn't that the standard CDXi bumper? It looks similar. I'll have to take a pic out to the car and compare.

kojarena
11th December 2005, 08:38 PM
You got a sunroof put in?

Jesus christ bad decision!!!

sorry

when the ZC first came to Oz u could get CDXi from factory with or without sunroof, sunroof take up was low so they dropped it. then people started putting in aftermarket sunroofs and now those same people are having endless fu.ck ups with the car's electronic systems. Its because of the CANBUS system, unless its done factory then u will continually get problems, there is even an offical buliten from holden stating that they recommend against aftermarket sunroof fitment.

its up to u, but i would prefer u to be able to enjoy ur Vectra rather than be continually whinging about problems due to the sunroof and having ur car off the road

Blackie...

did you find that bulletin? I need to make a decision on this by tomorrow. Spoke to the installers who are Prestige Sunroofs at Wetherill Park here in Sydney. They are one of only two accredited HSV/HBD shops in NSW for putting sunroofs into holden cars. The owner told me he is the exclusive supplier for the AH Astra sunroof program through holden - also on the CANBus system. They have no issues with instals or cars having had them installed - offer a 3 year holden backed warranty which sounds good.

they rang holden on friday but couldnt locate the dealer bulletin - Holden said they knew nothing of it but then again holden know nothing about a lot of things

let me know mate
tony

stevedee3
12th December 2005, 08:34 AM
Stevedee3, apart from the mesh possibly, isn't that the standard CDXi bumper? It looks similar. I'll have to take a pic out to the car and compare.Hmmm... you may be right. But it looks like the car in the photo doesn't have the rubber skirt around the front, so maybe the bumper's a bit lower (to make it easier to scrape on gutters, speed bumps etc. )

RK
12th December 2005, 10:06 AM
Blackie...

did you find that bulletin? I need to make a decision on this by tomorrow. Spoke to the installers who are Prestige Sunroofs at Wetherill Park here in Sydney. They are one of only two accredited HSV/HBD shops in NSW for putting sunroofs into holden cars. The owner told me he is the exclusive supplier for the AH Astra sunroof program through holden - also on the CANBus system. They have no issues with instals or cars having had them installed - offer a 3 year holden backed warranty which sounds good.

they rang holden on friday but couldnt locate the dealer bulletin - Holden said they knew nothing of it but then again holden know nothing about a lot of things

let me know mate
tony

Holden in Blacktown mentioned something about sunroofs for the Astra Hs. Due to the way the roof is shaped its hard or hasnt been done yet he said. Also said they are working out a way to do it now and will offer it as an option soon.

Red AH SRI T
13th December 2005, 10:15 AM
Holden in Blacktown is part of the same group that i work for (Heartland)

And the Astra H does have a Holden backed sunroof option.

I've sold a couple of H's with sunroofs myself

kojarena
13th December 2005, 10:36 AM
Holden in Blacktown is part of the same group that i work for (Heartland)

And the Astra H does have a Holden backed sunroof option.

I've sold a couple of H's with sunroofs myself

the same people who do the AH sunroof do the ZC sunroof also.