PDA

View Full Version : I sent a letter to Holden Re SRi T

Red AH SRI T
2nd December 2005, 09:58 AM
here is what i sent:

Hello Holden people,

Im a little puzzeled. I'm wishing to purchase the forthcoming Astra SRi Turbo and the car is continually delayed. First it was late 05, then early 06 and now its blown out to mid 06. It would appear that i have more chance of getting an Astra VXR before getting an SRi T.
Could you please inform me as to when i will be able to place a deposit on this car? My local dealer is no help at all.
If Holden dont set a FIRM release date on this car soon then i will be forced to purchase from another Brand, not something i really want to do.

CJB
2nd December 2005, 10:31 AM
ooohh, blackie gets bitchy.

But you work for Holden right? Can't you find out through them??? And find out what's keeping the car delayed?

Good letter :)

Red AH SRI T
2nd December 2005, 11:07 AM
yeah but dealers are only franchises and we only get told what we need to know from holden and no more

CJB
2nd December 2005, 11:12 AM
yeah but dealers are only franchises and we only get told what we need to know from holden and no more
Oh... yeah don't you hate that!

well in my experience, the second you start with threats, and threats to sales, they usually respond pretty quickly with your answers. So maybe Holden might say something about it then - or they may just screw your letter up and pretend they never received it.

Red AH SRI T
2nd December 2005, 11:18 AM
maybe i should start selling ford's on the side? :p

CJB
2nd December 2005, 11:32 AM
Don't speak of such thing!!!! YOU WILL NOT!

I'll dob!!! :p

*calls someone that cares*

Red AH SRI T
2nd December 2005, 11:38 AM
crispin, lifeline don't give a toss

CJB
2nd December 2005, 11:59 AM
*cries*

Seriously though, why not wait and get the VXR?

dannysport18
2nd December 2005, 12:10 PM
try asking audi when the new RS6 is out er we dont know there is even going to be one sir :lol:
well whats the pics of a audi avant with a V10 doing on the internet then? or even the RS8 with the same engine

blueraven
2nd December 2005, 01:06 PM
my local dealer(the biggest in WA) told me that holden might not be briging out a standard turbo.

the standard turbo is now a 1.8 with only 165 hp, and they said that holden believe no-one will buy the standard turbo, all will buy the hsv model as its going to be cheap, just under 40k.

so thats what they said. might not even bring the standard turbo over due to the interest in the vxr. they said they had 6 orders for them just waiting on price confirmation.

the current model turbo isnt a patch on the former turbo or the vxr. an MY03 would murder one, and the times of an MY03 are only a fraction behind the VXR. VXR looks better tho :D

Dee
2nd December 2005, 01:21 PM
damn i thought the VXR was gonna be closer to 50 or 60K... i dont think i should buy another new car so soon...

oneightoo
2nd December 2005, 02:51 PM
why dont they just can the 1.8ltr turbo and bring the VXR and get upgrade kits to turbo N/A astra's.. ha wishful thinking..

R3N
2nd December 2005, 03:09 PM
hold up...

why is it a 1.8l turbo? isnt it the 2.0l turbo?

Yired
2nd December 2005, 04:28 PM
Holden advertise it as being a Turbocharged 2.0 litre 147kW engine...

Dee
2nd December 2005, 04:33 PM
Yired, that is the VXR (HSV model), Black Ah Astra is talking about the non-HSV model

Red AH SRI T
2nd December 2005, 05:01 PM
Yired, that is the VXR (HSV model), Black Ah Astra is talking about the non-HSV model

no, the VXR is 2.0 turbo 176kw and the SRi is 2.0 Turbo 147 Kw

Whoever told u the normal turbo is a 1.8 is a completle and utter wanker and doesnt deserve to be selling Holden

BassyAstra
2nd December 2005, 06:18 PM

And yet ive been told this and that from the horses down at Roseberry.
They are such gimmick artists (and ive dealt with them all for 4 years running)....

Sales Goon: "YES WELL TAKE YOUR DEPOSIT,,, MARCH [yes thats what he wanted to hear, some more commission for my pockets]"....

I can never get a straight answer, ahhh Blackkkske you are a true credit to the sales profession!!

(Beach??)

Degen-Astra
2nd December 2005, 06:37 PM
Opel nor Vauxhall make/supply an Ecotec 1.8l Petrol Turbo. Cant see them designing one for purely the Australian market.

As for VW - 1.6L Petrol Turbo - Polo GTI!!! ;) Could most likely out do a 1.8 Astra no probs. (Similar power outputs less weight)

blueraven
2nd December 2005, 07:42 PM
no, the VXR is 2.0 turbo 176kw and the SRi is 2.0 Turbo 147 Kw

Whoever told u the normal turbo is a 1.8 is a completle and utter wanker and doesnt deserve to be selling Holden

www.vauxhall.com shows the power figures for the new astra coupe turbo as 170ps...which is actually 165hp, what a crock, thats only 120kw! i was mistaken on the 1.8l tho, was looking at the turbo diesels :P

Red AH SRI T
2nd December 2005, 09:38 PM
www.vauxhall.com shows the power figures for the new astra coupe turbo as 170ps...which is actually 165hp, what a crock, thats only 120kw! i was mistaken on the 1.8l tho, was looking at the turbo diesels :P

There is the 2.0 turbo in the SRi with 125Kw (if i remember correctly) and the 2.0 turbo with 147kW in the SRi T which is what we are getting here

pred8r
2nd December 2005, 11:40 PM
They would be delaying it to allow for the release of, or the sales of another model to increase.

A liitle bird told many years ago that the monaro was pushed back 18months IIRC because they needed to release an astra (cant remeber which one, either coupe or convertible) first.

Also that the drop top monaro WAS ready for production (to be released as a Chevy Malibu) but was dropped due to the poor sales perfomance it achieved overseas not the crap GM released about the 'Marilyn' being not cost effective to produce, FFS GM owns Saab dont they?
This was something i was questioning the 'bird' about 6 months after the monaro was released.

Basically unless they'll make an absolute killing doing something they wont.

Red AH SRI T
3rd December 2005, 03:37 PM
your chick about the monaro was wrong, it was never ready for production

and yes GM 100% owns Saab