PDA

View Full Version : Pulsar Turbo GT's - How quick.??

Turblue
7th April 2004, 07:46 AM
I had a P-plater blow past me at a hell of a rate this morning. He was in a Pulsar Turbo GT.

As the Gods of Turbo would have it, the next set of lights found me lining him up. He was revving, and sounding like the car would leave me standing alone at the lights.

Anyway....

The lights turned green and we launched. By the time I hit 3rd, I was laughing myself silly. I had him pegged in all gears. Easily.

#edit# For the Authorities: Never at any point was the land speed record exceeded.

Are these things that slow by nature..?? Or did I just come up against a really crappy one.

silvestra
7th April 2004, 08:41 AM
Factory they're not all that quick but you can tune them to go like the clappers pretty easily. Good to hear you applied some Astra smackdown on his ass. 8)

Rhino
7th April 2004, 10:12 AM
Not heard of them?

The only pulsar I knew was turbo'd is the ET :(

It's official - I'm an amateur :oops:

01CDsedan
7th April 2004, 10:24 AM
If we're talking about a Pulsar ET Turbo, then yeah, not that quick. Put it this way - quick for the mid 1980s, but these days I'd suspect a manual Astra 1.8 would be able to give it fairly strong competition.

dazza015
7th April 2004, 10:27 AM
Was it one of these??

http://www.bigboyztoyz.com.au/models/photos/pulsar_blue_small.JPG

YuSuF
7th April 2004, 10:34 AM
Im not surprised at all you whooped his ass, what a way to do it!

Jass
7th April 2004, 10:57 AM
The ET pulars are only 100kw or so i used to have one. The one on the above picture is the GTIR Pulsar Godzilla aint it? There 175kw from factory and run the same turbo as the s14 s15.

There quick. ET are slow though.

dazza015
7th April 2004, 11:19 AM
Yep GTiR AWD/Godzilla and 175kw is spot on!

Turblue
7th April 2004, 11:20 AM
Sorry... It was an ET. Could not remember what the letters were.

Concensus seems to be that I shoulda whipped his little butt. Which I did very easily.

I was surprised that for all the noise and BOV that it was so slow. Especially considering how quick he blew past me in the first place. Mind you I was just chugging along @ a legal 60kmh.

My04SRi
7th April 2004, 11:36 AM
so it was an old ET pulsar.... there fweakn anchient nowadays..you wouldnt see much around coz there all falling apart..

Anonymous
7th April 2004, 06:30 PM
The ET pulars are only 100kw or so i used to have one. The one on the above picture is the GTIR Pulsar Godzilla aint it? There 175kw from factory and run the same turbo as the s14 s15.

There quick. ET are slow though.

Just on this.

The GTR Skyline is known as a Godzilla, not the GTIR. It was named that after it dominiated the early 90's in Australia at Bathurst.

Here is a url that has all the specs on the GTIR http://www.fullboost.com.au/cars/factorycars/gtir.html

Here is the specs on the ET Pulsar Turbo http://www.fullboost.com.au/cars/factorycars/pulsaret.html

YuSuF
7th April 2004, 06:35 PM
GTiR = Baby Godzilla :)

Anonymous
7th April 2004, 06:37 PM
GTiR = Baby Godzilla :)

Its never cool to have second best though is it lol :)

Anonymous
8th April 2004, 11:53 AM
God i love GTiR's! Little monsters they are!

Pulsar ET's... turbo... but slow... i get them in my 1.4!

Anonymous
8th April 2004, 03:37 PM
I know a Few Pulsar ET that would pull everyones pants down and Smack them.
TurboWorx ET: 10.6 on Slicks, Using the Original 1.5T 21psi
DATRALLY: 11.6 on Street Tyres, 1.5T 21psi
NISPRO: 10Something on Slicks, Using a CA18DET 27psi

That aint to be under estimated. Theres at least 5-10 getting around Melb. that in the Top 10 and Top 20 of Fastest FWD in Oz.