PDA

View Full Version : RANT: Putting EUROPEAN number plates on non euro cars eg, VIVA

BassyAstra
28th November 2005, 02:56 PM
Euro on chryslers, hyundais, everything, i saw today a euro on a black viva, it DIDNT look right!

On another note i saw a chinese lady brushing her teeth on parramatta rd today.

oneightoo
28th November 2005, 02:59 PM
i saw euro plates on a celica once, and a woman cutting her toe nails on a crowded train..

BassyAstra
28th November 2005, 03:02 PM
i saw euro plates on a celica once, and a woman cutting her toe nails on a crowded train..
Were the nails like crusty/rusty?

oneightoo
28th November 2005, 03:03 PM
yeah a little bit..

BassyAstra
28th November 2005, 03:05 PM
yeah a little bit..
You dont take that shi/t!

InSaNe^Sna1L
28th November 2005, 03:05 PM
thanks fellas.....i just two seconds ago finished my lunch :)

ive changed uniforms in my car while driving...

RK
28th November 2005, 03:06 PM
I saw standard plates on a Rav4 once.

And a chick getting naked in a black SUV.

btm
28th November 2005, 03:17 PM
On another note i saw a chinese lady brushing her teeth on parramatta rd today.did she spit out the window?

Dee
28th November 2005, 03:24 PM
I saw standard plates on a Rav4 once.

ohh the humanity!

BassyAstra
28th November 2005, 04:07 PM
did she spit out the window?

OOhhhh nahhh she was just on the side walk, standing up brushing teeth!

NOT IN THE CAR PEOPLE.

But i like where the thread is going :D

mr_sikma
28th November 2005, 04:42 PM
i have had (oh wrong forum) lol

what do these plates look like???

CJB
28th November 2005, 05:27 PM
How do they get the Euro plates to fit on some of the non euro cars anyways??? What I mean is on some of the cars the number plate space is small and a long Euro just wouldn't fit. It's like how on the Skyline's the normal Aussie plates don't even fit. You have to get US style ones to fit in properly.

Shaun
28th November 2005, 05:46 PM
who cares.... ther Euro style plates. not Just for European cars...

Red AH SRI T
28th November 2005, 06:04 PM
i laugh at those stoopid teeny bopper girls with their Euro plates on their hot pink Excels

oneightoo
28th November 2005, 06:05 PM
i lure them in with candy..

corsa2nv
28th November 2005, 06:13 PM
Hey i agree with Black AH Euro Plates are for Euro Cars, it looks crap on non euros, i saw a XT Falcon the other day with euro plates, looked pathetic i think the rta should ban giving out euro plates for non euro cars :)

BassyAstra
28th November 2005, 06:34 PM
My mate got one on his white getz, i said no but he insisted it looked "cool".... :(
It just doesnt work.

EL BURITO
29th November 2005, 01:27 AM
I want euro plates but have no idea wat i want on them???

In responce to Kyle you dill holes in them like WA plates on a Corsa (daft question)

And there is nothing wrong with brushing your teeth or getting changed in the car I have done both but cutting your toe nails on the train YUK

R3N
29th November 2005, 01:53 AM
In responce to Kyle you dill holes in them like WA plates on a Corsa (daft question)

some cars dont have the proper size number plate recess to fit euro plates, some jap cars don't even fit aussie plates properly and have to be bent to fit... so therefore not a daft question

CJB
29th November 2005, 10:16 AM
Thanks R3N!!!!

I even explained in my post what I meant when I mentioned the fact that some Jap cars have smaller number plate areas, such as the Skyline, Silvia, and models of the Lancer.

dannysport18
29th November 2005, 11:09 AM
try one like that then

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v696/dannysport18/P3270014.jpg
std one
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v696/dannysport18/PB110132.jpg

Red AH SRI T
29th November 2005, 11:20 AM
the euro plates have no holes in them, so u must drill ur own, best thing to do is take it to a dealer and get them to use their template to drill the holes

all astra plates have to be drilled no matter which plates they are because they holes in the bumpers are for euro countries, whioch means aussie plates have to have holdes drilled in the middel of them

i always laugh when i see ppl with personalised plates on astras that are too lazy to get thedrilled holes done properly and so they hang them off the pre drilled holes and the sit low and to the right

it just looks so wrong

I hate stoopid ppl

dannysport18
29th November 2005, 11:22 AM
the euro plates have no holes in them, so u must drill ur own, best thing to do is take it to a dealer and get them to use their template to drill the holes

all astra plates have to be drilled no matter which plates they are because they holes in the bumpers are for euro countries, whioch means aussie plates have to have holdes drilled in the middel of them

I hate stoopid ppl

just use some pads to stick the plate to the car
works fine on the audi an that dose 150
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v696/dannysport18/RS6.jpg
it even worked on this golf Gti mk5
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v696/dannysport18/deadgolfGit.jpg
the plate was pulled off b4 it was sold for parts

CateO
29th November 2005, 11:32 AM
Thought I'd have a peek @ the pricing here in VIC for these stylish accessory!!!

$395 - basic euro plate
$695 - personalised euro plate

I WAAAAANNNTTTT !!!!
Same price every state ???

Might slap one on my bro's '90 Corolla ---SiiiiiiiK

CJB
29th November 2005, 12:26 PM
Last time I checked it's $500 for Euro plates here and they are personalised.

Colourised personalised plates are $395 AND NO ANNUAL FEES!!! ha ha ha.

Yeah I am with you Blackie, I hate when people stick the plates on Barina's and Astra's etc using the normal holes. I had to drill holes in my personalised plates to get them to fit on.

Red AH SRI T
29th November 2005, 12:59 PM
here in NSW, uro plates cost $190 one off fee for standard issue, but if u personalise them u have to pay a yearly fee as well

F.UCK YOU RTA!!!

Dee
29th November 2005, 01:58 PM
Last time I checked it's $500 for Euro plates here and they are personalised.

Colourised personalised plates are $395 AND NO ANNUAL FEES!!! ha ha ha.

Yeah I am with you Blackie, I hate when people stick the plates on Barina's and Astra's etc using the normal holes. I had to drill holes in my personalised plates to get them to fit on.
victoria beats you there tho ;)

up to 6 letters in any combination only $395 :P qld'ers have to pay +$2000 for that priviledge

and vic can now add a number (or 4) in the middle if they want, as long as the first and last characters are a letter for $495

www.vplates.com.au

btw: i must have been lucky with my plates, when i bought my car the dealer had drilled into the bumper bar instead of the plates, so my personalised plates (2 sets :)) have no extra holes in them :D WOOHOO

CJB
29th November 2005, 02:26 PM
Damn Victoria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.

That sounds like a really good deal though.

EL BURITO
30th November 2005, 12:22 AM
Had a look and they are $1195 in WA for full custom and you have to start with a W. There are cheaper ones all with different amount of options the cheapest about $300. Slim line look like a better option:mad: