PDA

View Full Version : New Barina in Holden Yards

CJB
20th November 2005, 05:40 PM
I was driving along the main road of Ipswich today and I drove past Holden (Ross Llewellyn) and yep I saw it, they have it there - the Daewoo Barina! A silver 5 door.

I immediately did a Lethal Weapon style driving and turned off and got out to look at it. You know, if it wasn't replacing the Corsa maybe I could feel ok about it. The hubs look good... and in general it had a "sporty" look to it. I am still really disappointed in it though, and the WORST thing about it apart from anything mechanical, the inside door handles. WTF is going on there.

It will be better once I can get inside one. But it looks EXACTLY the same as the Kalos just with small Holden badges.

I guess this is it. It's here now right.

BassyAstra
20th November 2005, 05:44 PM
The Kalos was 1999 vomet on wheels, this new barina is 1999 vomet on wheels.
The new ford fiesta over the barina, for the same price- ANY DAY!

CJB
20th November 2005, 05:48 PM
Agreed. However, I am done with small cars now, so really them replacing the Corsa with Kalos doesn't bother me. HELLO ASTRA H ... or possibly something else, depends.

The only thing, you don't get AC standard on the Fiesta do you?

pred8r
20th November 2005, 05:53 PM
They have to sugar-coat the crap so youll swallow it somehow.

BassyAstra
20th November 2005, 09:57 PM
Agreed. However, I am done with small cars now, so really them replacing the Corsa with Kalos doesn't bother me. HELLO ASTRA H ... or possibly something else, depends.

The only thing, you don't get AC standard on the Fiesta do you?
Im not sure about that one.;)

01CDsedan
20th November 2005, 10:03 PM

2003, I think you'll find :)

Anyway, where are you going to get a Fiesta for the same money as a new Barina with the same features?

The new Barina seems to have a reasonable amount of power for the pricetag, better than most things it competes against. (76kW I think it is). Add an exhaust and a set of big wheels and I can see a few hot hatches being put together by buyers on a small budget very soon.

CJB
20th November 2005, 10:28 PM
The nose on them is too pointy and the back just kinda of ends with no shape at all...

R3N
20th November 2005, 10:42 PM

Anyway, where are you going to get a Fiesta for the same money as a new Barina with the same features?

The new Barina seems to have a reasonable amount of power for the pricetag, better than most things it competes against. (76kW I think it is). Add an exhaust and a set of big wheels and I can see a few hot hatches being put together by buyers on a small budget very soon.

I doubt throwing an exhaust and a set of big wheels on it will make it anything remotely relative to a hot hatch. If its an ugly car to begin with, it'll just be an ugly car with big rims and a farty exhaust.

Well... the price you pay for it now may be cheaper... but what about reliability issues and resale value? I can see the Fiesta holding a better resale then this new Barina. Value for money is not what you pay for now, its what value you get out of it in the long haul.

BassyAstra
20th November 2005, 10:43 PM

The new fiesta IS the same price as the new Barina.
Why would u go for the Barina when, just on looks alone the Fiesta is far better.
When considering whats inside and build, the Fiesta comes out far infront and both are european (just checked the specs).

Why do up a Barina, if its a piece of crap to begin with.

Alfonzo
20th November 2005, 10:50 PM
The only thing, you don't get AC standard on the Fiesta do you?That wouldn't surprise me, if you didn't. I mean you don't even get carpet down the back of the rear seats in a base model Fiesta.

Ford really should've sent the Fiesta to Finishing School, when you find things like that it really detracts from what could be a reasonablely nice car.

pred8r
21st November 2005, 12:01 AM
That wouldn't surprise me, if you didn't. I mean you don't even get carpet down the back of the rear seats in a base model Fiesta.

You didnt get it on the last Opel Barina SRi either and thats not base model.

Vectracious
21st November 2005, 12:11 AM

Ford is running a special where until the end of the year they are selling Fiesta's for 12990 (or 13990 cant remember which price point) which is the same as the Holden Kalos - however that does not include air con in the Fiesta, but it does include it in the Daewolden...... I'd rather pay 2000 extra and get the Fiesta then....

EL BURITO
21st November 2005, 05:24 AM
Say a red on Scarbrabeach road on wednesday. Yuk. dosn't worrie me that much any more cos the Astra is lookin closer today than i thought.

mr_sikma
21st November 2005, 09:59 AM
they are cheap cars, like all barinas and they will still sell!

i would rather a new swift over any of them anyway!

freaktown
21st November 2005, 11:05 AM
when does the Corsa stop production?

Alfonzo
21st November 2005, 11:06 AM
You didnt get it on the last Opel Barina SRi either and thats not base model.:eek: Really?

Wow.... I certainly would've expected more...

Dee
21st November 2005, 11:44 AM
You didnt get it on the last Opel Barina SRi either and thats not base model.
my 03 SXi (base model) had carpet on the back of the rear seats.... it was the same material that lined the boot... well it wasnt really carpet, it was felty-carpety stuff....

CJB
21st November 2005, 12:27 PM
The auto gear thing in them confuse me. The one I looked at was an auto.

JasonGilholme
21st November 2005, 12:35 PM
im going honda. screw holden.

Holden means a great deal to australia but australia doesn't mean a great deal to holden.

Bastards...

Namus
21st November 2005, 02:46 PM
hmm....now, should I make an Ipswich comment or not? lol :p

CJB
21st November 2005, 02:48 PM
hmm....now, should I make an Ipswich comment or not? lol :p
How could you possibly relate Ipswich to the new Barina?

Namus
21st November 2005, 02:50 PM
nah, I just like having a go @ u because ur in Ippy. lol

Or, I could just say that only Ipswich is being supplied the Kalas-lookalike version lol..

CJB
21st November 2005, 02:55 PM
OR Ipswich is ahead of the times being the first to be supplied with the car, making our Holden on top of the new products and services... ???

Namus
21st November 2005, 02:57 PM
dammit; knew u would see that lol

Red AH SRI T
22nd November 2005, 08:34 AM
our first Barlos' are due to arrive at the end of the week/early next week

CJB
22nd November 2005, 12:26 PM
What's the world coming to when Ipswich has the Balos first and not even NSW have them!!! ha ha.

Do you get to drive it???

GeeeAus
22nd November 2005, 01:01 PM
I think the new Barina has quite distinctive styling and a generous feature set when compared with the competition. Quality seems fine is respect that the Kalos was largely trouble free as a Daewoo item. Furthermore Holden has tweaked and enhanced the Daewoo product for our market.

It’s not as if the Opel sourced models have been all beer and skittles.

The standard equipment list is a real eye opener, Holden's pricing is keen and the drive is reported as being nice and compliant.

Fuel Economy is class leading. A big consideration for modern micro car buyers.

Welcome to the family Barina.

Anybody used the Audio system in it, who makes the MP3 compatible CD unit?

GeeeAus

mr_sikma
22nd November 2005, 01:09 PM
i was in ipswich for the jambo a few mnths back.

very quiet and boring area, but i guess if you like that!??!

CJB
22nd November 2005, 01:14 PM
i was in ipswich for the jambo a few mnths back.

very quiet and boring area, but i guess if you like that!??!
It has its moments... but it can be entertaining - just gotta be out with the right people.

dug74
22nd November 2005, 01:50 PM
Should have been in Inala last night...that was entertaining :D

BassyAstra
22nd November 2005, 02:09 PM
Should have been in Inala last night...that was entertaining :D
Should of been at schoolies....*sighs*:(

CJB
23rd November 2005, 04:07 PM
http://www.drive.com.au/editorial/article.aspx?id=10660&vf=2&bg=19&pp=0

an average review of the car... in fact to quote on line, "Average to below average"... :p

BassyAstra
23rd November 2005, 04:25 PM
Thats probably the worst review their allowed to get away with.

MK
23rd November 2005, 06:40 PM
instead of this:

http://www.autogaleria.mojeauto.pl/index.php?galeria_id=82

australia gets this:

http://www.autogaleria.mojeauto.pl/index.php?galeria_id=81

Nah, just kidding, but i really like the look of OPEL MERIVA.

Red AH SRI T
24th November 2005, 03:10 PM
Ok the first of the Balos' just arrived in our yard and we have it registered as a demo

White Manual Base Three Door

took it for a spin around the block, red-lined it in sec0ond doing about 80 clicks or something, was going fast sounded horrible

after a closer look u notice where they cut costs but as a whole its a lot of car for the money

i still wouldnt own one

Although i just had a guy rock up in a new M3 and buy a new barina for his mothin in law :eek:

BassyAstra
24th November 2005, 03:11 PM
Wtf is a Balos???????
Can u get me Cdxi rims?
The guy in the m3 obviosly knew he was buying a piece of crap, he has an m3.
I thought u have thursdays off?

Namus
24th November 2005, 05:41 PM
im going honda. screw holden.

Holden means a great deal to australia but australia doesn't mean a great deal to holden.

Bastards...

BAHAHAHAHAHAAHA! Now that's the funniest thing I've heard all day! LMAO!!:D

BassyAstra
24th November 2005, 07:07 PM
BAHAHAHAHAHAAHA! Now that's the funniest thing I've heard all day! LMAO!!:D
Hahahahha that is classic, R3N should do some photochopping and create one of those funny images that people put out on the net.

Red AH SRI T
26th November 2005, 09:25 AM
Wtf is a Balos???????
Can u get me Cdxi rims?
The guy in the m3 obviosly knew he was buying a piece of crap, he has an m3.
I thought u have thursdays off?

Kalos + Barina = Balos (or maybe Barlos would be better?)

Do u really want the CDXi rims?

Yeah i do have thursdays off but i had last weekend off so i only got friday off this week, but i ended up working that too so i could have two weeks off over christmas

BassyAstra
26th November 2005, 11:19 AM
Kalos + Barina = Balos (or maybe Barlos would be better?)

Do u really want the CDXi rims?

Yeah i do have thursdays off but i had last weekend off so i only got friday off this week, but i ended up working that too so i could have two weeks off over christmas
Ahhhh ahahha...

YEAH CDXI ! PLEASE!!...

OI yesterday some guy in the EXACT same car and green p's as me drove right next to me, i said aye "nice car" he goes "thanks", i need some differences to stand out!

Ahhh understandable.

Red AH SRI T
27th November 2005, 12:57 PM
why dont u get the 18's u silly twat?