PDA

View Full Version : Need help Brand new ah astra GOT KEYED!

maloo97
20th November 2005, 05:36 PM
Hey Guys like the title says on the weekend i was parked in westfield Miranda car park and when i returned to my car i have a massive key line from my driver's front side pannel all the way to my rear bar. Im not very happy as the ah wagon is only 2 months old and it's on every pannel down the drivers side. iv never had this done to me b4 even with my ts. So im a bit how's your grandmother on what to do. I dont want a respray any idears ??

Thanks Dave.

BassyAstra
20th November 2005, 05:40 PM
THAT IS TERRIBLE!
What would possess someone in their right mind to contemplate keying an Astra wagon, or any car?

CateO
20th November 2005, 05:56 PM
Its KRAP ... Im so sorry to hear it.

I had the passenger doors keyed about 3 months ago, shopped around and got it repaired for a fantastic price of $400. There was nothing else they could do but strip them back and re-spray and luckly it wasn;t too far up the door and could be blended.

I have NO quick fix ideas sorry!

slyopel
20th November 2005, 06:16 PM
sorry to hear dude. what about someone who does touch up's you wouldn't have to get the car resprayed. it's worth a try.

maloo97
20th November 2005, 06:30 PM
Yeh true. i was hopefull of some one who know's of anyone in sydney who is good.

Wattie
20th November 2005, 06:47 PM
dont get it touched up, its near impossible to make it un noticable. go get the panels re-sprayed. if it costs heaps insurance may have to help..

corsa2nv
20th November 2005, 07:12 PM
your not the only one there , my barina got scratched at the back on the boot with a rock bout 2, 15 cms scratches, 1 week after getting the car , it kills ya, sorry to hear that
ive ask how much to get fixed, with my scratch, the whole boot needs repainting, metalic paint isnt easy to touch up, if the car is white, it makes things alot easier

maloo97
20th November 2005, 07:38 PM
yeh thanks guys. Im with nrma insurance :(

crazyk78
20th November 2005, 10:07 PM
I had my SRI Astra damaged by hail... :( Had to have the whole car resprayed but I suppose the positive to this is that they can put a thicker clear coat on than Holden.

This means polishing will not damage into the top coat too much and by the time it does I won't have the car.

I feel your pain....I almost cried when I saw the dents in every pannel.

maloo97
20th November 2005, 10:33 PM
yeh mate not the best feeling...

blueraven
21st November 2005, 12:42 AM
just talk to your insurance company...

btm
21st November 2005, 09:00 AM
i hear you buddy....my car was parked at westfiled miranda on the weekend also and the back of my car was scratched also :(

probably just little punk ar$e kids being little sh!ts - losers!

Red AH SRI T
21st November 2005, 10:02 AM
well what are you bogans doing at westfield miranda to start with? :p

im sorry to hear that has happened.

Similar thing happened to my mum a few years ago. She bought a Mazda 323 Protege SP20 Sports Edition (only 250 bought in to Aus) and 2 weeks later is was keyed on EVERY panel and the whole car had to be re-sprayed

fu.king cu.nts

mr_sikma
21st November 2005, 10:19 AM
what wankers.

i am lucky enough to not have this happen to me (touch wood)

guess adelaideians arent as silly as you sydneyers!

could always just touch it up for now, dodgy touch ups look better than black scratches.

could also go fast and the furious style with custom graphics and just cover them for noW!!!

maloo97
21st November 2005, 10:30 AM
Quote :
Black AH CDX well what are you bogans doing at westfield miranda to start with?

im sorry to hear that has happened.

Similar thing happened to my mum a few years ago. She bought a Mazda 323 Protege SP20 Sports Edition (only 250 bought in to Aus) and 2 weeks later is was keyed on EVERY panel and the whole car had to be re-sprayed

fu.king cu.nts

Bogans settle down.

It's a pain in the ass. i dont wanna go tru insurance but i think i will have to. :(

Skibum
21st November 2005, 12:25 PM
There must be a group of little #$%&* that prey on nice cars in Miranda Fair. I had a company car a couple of years ago and had the same thing happen. The car was parked for no longer than 1 hour.

btm
21st November 2005, 12:36 PM
mine was parked there for less than 20 mins!!!

i wonder how many others may have been done?

its temping to sit there (in hiding) all day this saturday and keep an eye out for anything suss and hopefully catch the little fukers!

i would hate for this to happen to anyone else.

maloo97
21st November 2005, 01:20 PM
If someone caught em i hope there got a bit of pocket money saved up in there piggy banks!

Namus
21st November 2005, 02:43 PM
here's an idea:

why not set-up a sting gang for that shopping centre and catch them?

sorry to hear maloo97

woody
21st November 2005, 03:02 PM
Had mine keyed on the quarter panel... only about 8 cm long but deep, went to get a quote and they want 450 to do it.. cos you can't just blend the topcoat.. it flakes and peels if not done right.

Namus
21st November 2005, 03:05 PM
yeah cause they need to strip it down and re-do it...

maloo97
21st November 2005, 07:43 PM
damm Spewing. Dont really wanna respray one side of a new car :(