PDA

View Full Version : H&R Lowering springs 30mm????

Gildo
20th November 2005, 04:55 PM
hey all,
im thinking of getting the H&R 30mm lower springs.
does anyone have a pic of their car lowered 30mm?

Has anyone on here lowered an sri 30mm , just wondering how low the front will be and if it will be a real hassel.

mr_sikma
20th November 2005, 05:03 PM
how much are they?

Gildo
20th November 2005, 05:23 PM
i was quoted $550,

does anyone else have any suggestions to which springs to get

R3N
20th November 2005, 05:25 PM
I'm not sure if the barina SRis have lowered suspension but 30mm lowering relates to the stock form. ie. if SRis are 10mm lower than factory, the H&Rs will only lower them another 20mm.

Hope that makes sense

mr_sikma
20th November 2005, 05:28 PM
i have used pedders before and so have my mates!

ultim8DTM5
20th November 2005, 10:29 PM
Except Pedders are terrible.

SRi suspension is lower than normal Barina as standard.

JakeSRIT
20th November 2005, 11:59 PM
hey man

i got my lowered by midas and its great, turns on a dime, only got springs done 2, i think it cost like 350 or something

well worth it tho

InSaNe^Sna1L
21st November 2005, 12:02 AM
Except Pedders are terrible.

SRi suspension is lower than normal Barina as standard.

Pedders are designed for aussie conditions. If I get my car lowered, then it would be them, or whiteline.

mr_sikma
21st November 2005, 09:51 AM
What experience have you had with pedders?

I am running Pedders all round in my Sigma turbo. Handles well, bit hard, but its damn low! Would be different in an older car to a newer car i spose.

Mate has them in his 250kw XR6T. Alot better than standard he said, and I am 100% sure XR6T springs / supsension would be better than a standard barinas!

Namus
21st November 2005, 02:48 PM
Pedders are crap. End of story. Get Kings or something better, like H&R or Tein or Bilstein.

R3N
21st November 2005, 03:37 PM
Kings are not bad for the money. But if you want better quality... Eibachs, H&Rs and Bilsteins are the way to go.

I'm not exactly sure why Pedders is crap... but something along the lines of them not even trusting their own products

BarinaSRi King
21st November 2005, 06:36 PM
I would also like my car lowered. Pedders said they can't, due to front spoiler would scrape the ground. Who else should I try? Maybe Fulcrum?

ultim8DTM5
21st November 2005, 07:11 PM
I've had Pedders' springs fall apart after not much mileage at all.

Built for Aussie conditions? Ah ye wa.

sparks
21st November 2005, 09:41 PM
put pedders in mine 3 days ago after having white lines in for 8 months drives well slightly softer ride now..

mr_sikma
22nd November 2005, 01:06 PM
well they come with warranty so any problems take them back!

also i am pretty sure that pedders, monroe etc are all the same.

different names for different people ;)

Greg K
22nd November 2005, 04:04 PM
had pedders in mine and i must say they were crap!!

they were great for about 2 months and then i had big troubles with them and stuffed up the car! in terms of handling, it wasnt anything to write home about!

now that i got back from o/s, i have just upgraded to bilstein shocks with eibach springs. Now thats what i call handling!!!!!!
the car feels 100000000 times better! and has unreiveled handling! also put on a whiteline swaybar!

word of advice, dont be afraid to spend money on good quality products!
i got what i paid for when i bought pedders springs,
and now i got what i paid for with the new setup!

i dont think pedders have tested their springs on a astra, vectra or barina like the german brands eibach, h&r.

i went from a 60mm drop with the pedders, to a 35mm drop and the difference is amazing!

Namus
23rd November 2005, 07:16 AM
that's it, fulcrum was the other one...go them if u want better than kings, but can't afford bilstein, tein etc.

anicorsa
23rd November 2005, 07:35 AM
I'll be going for a set of H&R sport springs soon, when i can get the day off to get them fitted.

I got quoted $600, fitted from TCCA.

zoidberg
26th November 2005, 10:14 AM
I had 40mm King springs in my Astra for about 12 months and I was quite impressed with them, especially seeing they were only 440 fitted.

I could tell the shocks were on there way out so i decided i wonted something even better.....I bought H&R coilovers, all's i can say is i'll never use anything else other than H&R again, they are so good in every aspect, comfort, ajustability, road holding, improved breaking, car sits flat

Namus
26th November 2005, 11:31 AM
how much did u pay for the H&R coilovers (fitted)?

zoidberg
26th November 2005, 01:07 PM
how much did u pay for the H&R coilovers (fitted)?

I paid...............enough :)