PDA

View Full Version : Corsa C: Pre / Post Facelifts...

mr_sikma
19th November 2005, 06:22 PM
please post pics and years of pre and post facelift differences...

Thanks

EL BURITO
19th November 2005, 06:43 PM
I got these off the UK corsa site but the main diffs are the rear bumper and the front grill and the seat trim i think.

Pre face lift
http://corsa-c.co.uk/gallery/files/5/6/8/garagepics007.jpg
http://corsa-c.co.uk/gallery/files/5/6/8/trax015.jpg
http://corsa-c.co.uk/gallery/files/5/6/8/trax005.jpg

pred8r
19th November 2005, 07:26 PM
Which spec models?

What specifically do you want pics of?

dug74
19th November 2005, 08:08 PM
Ok...here we go...

Its kinda hard to give specs when there are so many different options and specs that were added and deleted.

01 - 03 This model is a cam belt driven engine (Z14XE) with the huge silver plastic cover over the engine. Some have power windows, mirrors and other features..depends on year and model.

04 - 04.5 The model was chain driven engine* (Z14XEP) thin plastic cover over middle of engine. New bumpers front and rear were added. FMHL <follow me home lights> installed. Still contained parts of previous model and some features of the new model to be released...so basically was a stop gap model <mongrel>. Probably the best model to get having the best of both worlds with upgrades/facelift and still all the options of the previous model.

04.5 - 05 Same bumpers as 04 with drum brakes replacing disc, map tray under seat, sunglass holder, chrome rings on dials, coloured dash bits and door handles were all removed, 14' steel wheels to replace 15' alloys, no side badging.

05 - current same as 04.5 but MP3 player from astra installed to replace the CD player.

* Auto model still has the previous Z14XE motor and not the Z14XEP (twinport) engine.

EL BURITO
20th November 2005, 02:59 AM
04 - 04.5 The model was chain driven engine* (Z14XEP) thin plastic cover over middle of engine. New bumpers front and rear were added. FMHL <follow me home lights> installed. Still contained parts of previous model and some features of the new model to be released...so basically was a stop gap model <mongrel>. Probably the best model to get having the best of both worlds with upgrades/facelift and still all the options of the previous model.

This ones the SXi and i agree you get the best of all the options.

ultim8DTM5
20th November 2005, 02:51 PM
The Equipe, which came out in 2002 was also heavily optioned as standard and is the best pre-facelift.

Alloys, 4wheel discs, power windows and mirrors and a few other bits and pieces.

mr_sikma
20th November 2005, 03:52 PM
cheers 4 all that.

i mainly just wanted to see the body differences. as some kits fit pre and some only fit post!

so the later models like mine have the front grille in the front bumper, where the earlier models have seperate grilles to the bumper?

correct?

pred8r
20th November 2005, 06:08 PM
nope, late is IN the bumper, early is PART OF the bumper

EL BURITO
20th November 2005, 06:48 PM
Go and have a look under your bonet were your gill is its all one bit.

sasrit
21st November 2005, 04:40 PM
new Sri's appear to have Xenon headlights, seen a few now...............

R3N
21st November 2005, 06:47 PM
new Sri's appear to have Xenon headlights, seen a few now...............

You mean projectors

pred8r
21st November 2005, 09:03 PM
Both actually, its just that xenons arnt available here as an option. SUPRISE! SUPRISE!

EL BURITO
21st November 2005, 09:11 PM
If we did get all the options that they get in the Uk i deff would have got a 1.7 desiel. I could fill up for free.

pred8r
21st November 2005, 09:24 PM
The 1.8 still goes harder but id have to admit the torque level of a chipped 1.7 turbo diesel would be interesting to say the least.

CJB
21st November 2005, 09:49 PM
I hate diesels. I can't imagine a Barina in a diesel... I gather though it would go something similar to a Gemini diesel model.

We had a Land Cruiser turbo diesel, it sucked... was so slow on reaction. Yeah why is that, that the UK get more versions of the Barina/Corsa then we do?

pred8r
21st November 2005, 10:15 PM
population=more potential sales=more variety needed
Simple, they have more people than us.

EL BURITO
21st November 2005, 11:17 PM
10 different engins including Petrol Deasil and gas. 7 models each with differences. There SXI is so much better full body kit standard. And leather is a option. only disadvantage is a lot of stuff is options like the front ash try. just little stuff but easyer to Personalise. Dam i wish we got more options.
You have to wate a month for you car wen it gets ordered, as i am informed by Grandad.:mad:

pred8r
22nd November 2005, 08:24 AM
I wouldnt mind waiting for what i wanted

CJB
22nd November 2005, 12:35 PM
I had to wait a month for mine and it's basic as!!!

Do you know what I don't get about car yards? That they have numerous versions of the car in their yard and say it's the one you want, you can't have it, they have to "order it in"... why???

I wasn't told what was standard or options with mine. I wasn't even given a test drive.

EL BURITO
22nd November 2005, 02:59 PM
I had to wait a month for mine and it's basic as!!!

Do you know what I don't get about car yards? That they have numerous versions of the car in their yard and say it's the one you want, you can't have it, they have to "order it in"... why???

I wasn't told what was standard or options with mine. I wasn't even given a test drive.

You bought your car with out a test drive tut tut. Delivery on mine was like this I gave em 9k cash in the morning and and my dad went in at lunch and was told it would be ready at 5pm. Youngs rock. on the other end of the spectrum Brian Gardner one of the big dealers in WA wouldnt let me test drive i told him wat i thouth of the dealership. I am deffinatly having leather on the next one.

mr_sikma
22nd November 2005, 03:03 PM
when i went to get mine. i test drove at one car yard on the way home from town, went in and asked. Test drove like a 2002ish model with a few kms.

Then weeks later went to buy one, different dealer. He let me test drive one with 5kms on it and then i did about 10-15kms on it!

Think they were still going to sell it as Brand New aswell :D

CJB
22nd November 2005, 04:17 PM
I don’t know if they wouldn’t let me test drive it because

a) I was in a rush, had to start work at lunchtime (I just woke up that morning and decided I wanted a black Barina)
b) I was coming from an SB anyways…
c) They are mean people.

When I first sat in it the seat was raised really high and I was freaking cos I didn’t know the height adjusted and I thought I wouldn’t be able to fit in it.

When I got mine it had 24kms on it. But that’s cos they drove it from the yard to Ming for that 5 way thing. I think though when you test drive them they have a set demo car don’t they???

Next time I buy a car I will be doing things differently. I will test drive it. I will get them to list all options/extras and costs and yeah. The only thing I will be certain of is it will be black.

When I took delivery of the car she kinda ran through the how to use this and that, but it was all the basic stuff and I knew from already having a Barina.

pred8r
22nd November 2005, 07:45 PM
I got none of that stuff, it was secondhand but from a large dealership.

All i did get though, and have definately learnt to check the car over before signing the recieved acceptance, was the wheels swapped from perfect ones to ones that had scratches and had been guttered.
I know they were perfect beforehand because i specifically looked and would have got them to either change them or dropped my offer even more.