PDA

View Full Version : Workshop with Tech2 in Melbourne

mixmelb
17th November 2005, 11:55 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know which workshop has the GM Tech2 device in Melbourne??
I just need to reprogram the airbags sensor, dont wanna go to Holden as they will charge lots $$$

Cheers

stevedee3
18th November 2005, 09:18 AM
I would like to know this too :)

InsaneAsylum
18th November 2005, 09:26 AM
is this to clear an airbag fault?

disconnecting the battery for 1 hour clear all ecu fault codes, is this not the same for the airbag fault codes?

mixmelb
19th November 2005, 08:50 PM
This is to reset the airbag fault code.
Coz I'm adding passenger airbags to my vectra. My vectra didnt come with passenger airbag.
Apparently after u install them, the airbag fault code will turn on, u need to reset them with Tech2

imad4u
20th November 2005, 05:39 PM
i can recommend trying to call the aftermarket australia dealer's for vetronix (tech 2) www.petroject.com.au... they will be able to lead you to the correct workshops in your area... details for Victoria brench is below....

Automotive Service Solutions VIC
Unit 1/15 Newcastle Road
Bayswater 3131
Victoria
Free Call 1300 30 35 40
Ph (03) 9720 5411
Fax (03) 9720 5911
Email - [email protected]

pred8r
20th November 2005, 06:04 PM
Aftermarket MAY not be able to reset some faults, found this out at local mech. when working on VR commy. Find out before you fork over the cash.

Vectracious
21st November 2005, 12:16 AM
is this to clear an airbag fault?

disconnecting the battery for 1 hour clear all ecu fault codes, is this not the same for the airbag fault codes?

No, airbag fault code stays on no matter what...

Putting a passenger airbag in Donnie? Didn't know you could retrofit them - although the wiring etc should be hiding behind the panelling somewhere..

mixmelb
21st November 2005, 01:03 AM
Yeh Pete,

Just adding passenger airbags, it's been done many times in UK. Been reading forum on Vectra-Sport.com
I've found the wires is there (the yellow plug), just need to disconnect the battery approx 1 hr to discharge the capacitor.
Then simply plug in your airbags, then u need to reset the airbag fault code with GM2 tech devices.

Mr T
21st November 2005, 10:07 AM
Have you taken the time to find out if a dealer would do this for you...The dealers that I have worked at wouldn't bother charging...they'd just do it for good will ! ! !

mixmelb
21st November 2005, 06:40 PM
Have you taken the time to find out if a dealer would do this for you...The dealers that I have worked at wouldn't bother charging...they'd just do it for good will ! ! !
I'll try that, I'm waiting for the airbag to arrive at the moment.
It'll prolly take them 2 mins to reset the fault code.
Thanks everyone

imad4u
21st November 2005, 08:58 PM
Aftermarket MAY not be able to reset some faults, found this out at local mech. when working on VR commy. Find out before you fork over the cash.

most workshop that have the tech2 as a tool would have the genuine software.... if you are going to spend around 8 grand on a tool for just one model than you would spend the extra 2 grand for the software... or you could do it for free with a laptop and a mate from a dealership..... at the end of the day it is very easy to get access the software....