PDA

View Full Version : axs seat covers

corsa2nv
17th November 2005, 05:54 PM
hey guys im thinking about purchasing some axs seatcovers just wondering if anyone has purchased any, how they are, if they damage easily and where to guy to get them at a good price.

also i need your opinion, i have a silver barina (corsa C) and dont know what colour will match the car :confused: any ideas??

1OPL2C
17th November 2005, 06:01 PM
those seat covers make u slide around wen u turn corners.. but keeps the seats clean...

corsa2nv
17th November 2005, 06:05 PM
what colour u think with silver ???

BA55UP
17th November 2005, 06:07 PM
white :D hehe nah they will get too dirty, hmmm black will get too hot....

grey? :P or blue? blue would look pretty good

corsa2nv
17th November 2005, 06:10 PM
yeah i was thinking blue , im just in love with the yellow they look awsome, just dont want the car looking like a banana :)

corsa2nv
17th November 2005, 06:13 PM
hey btw what type of exhaust system you have on your astra, when i saw you in the city it sounded awsome, really clean and not 2 loud

1OPL2C
17th November 2005, 06:37 PM
2" catback with a canonnnnnnnnnnnnnnn! only a tiny 1 but..peeshooter! i'd rather a twin tip.. dtm style

1OPL2C
17th November 2005, 06:38 PM
white :D hehe nah they will get too dirty, hmmm black will get too hot....

grey? :P or blue? blue would look pretty good

i have whites.. turns grey after a while if you dont wash em..

MK
17th November 2005, 07:57 PM
hi,

i got mine directly from AXS, the owner is very nice (his name is Ozzy, i think) they are very good (AUSTRALIAN MADE!!) have very good warranty on workmanship and if you really want you can order them without the logo, just plain... after shopping around those were the cheapest, the only thing is you have to drive to the factory and pick them up yourself or pay for postage.

i have a silver Astra, i got the seacovers in black. i have left the car in direct sunlight for couple of hours and the seats were ok to sit on...

Call AXS on 02 9591 2280 or visit www.axsmotorsports.com

i hope it helps,

Marcin

low astra
18th November 2005, 10:14 AM
yeah i have the black ones 2 its not to hot, just like a standard seat really, but you do slide a little when u get excited through corners

InSaNe^Sna1L
18th November 2005, 10:21 AM
2" catback with a canonnnnnnnnnnnnnnn! only a tiny 1 but..peeshooter! i'd rather a twin tip.. dtm style

Yeah i have the twin...its nice.....

As for seat covers, I have custom fitted sheepskin. I bought the car second hand, 1 lady owner so the seat covers are white sheepskin, lambs wool, or Siberian Mountain Lion skin...not sure but I know they are expensive to get made but are damn worth it. They do get really dirty too....i need to get them cleaned. But great for summer and winter as they are the perfect temperature. The seats don't get cold or hot.

CJB
18th November 2005, 12:24 PM
Are you for real about not getting black ones because of the heat it attracts???

I am sorry dude but I find that funny. Besides, your car is silver so most of the heat is reflected off the interior.

InSaNe^Sna1L
18th November 2005, 12:48 PM
Are you for real about not getting black ones because of the heat it attracts???

I am sorry dude but I find that funny. Besides, your car is silver so most of the heat is reflected off the interior.

that is true it does reflect....but a black interior still does attract more heat that a lighter colour....and for example....i can't confirm but have heard that a silver/chrome gear knob gets hotter to touch that the black leather examples.

But doesn't really matter what you get.....QLD gets damn hot anywhere you are....

CJB
18th November 2005, 12:52 PM
That is true.

I bought a black car and Mum especially said "what did you do that for it will be soo hot" and well she has been with me in Summer and there is no real difference. I left my car outside at Booval for the middle of the day and it was no hotter inside then it was in my silver Barina.

Black doesn't attract heat, it absorbs it - but Opel's have good air conditioning, so it's all good!!!

EL BURITO
18th November 2005, 02:35 PM
When i lived in Karratha it seemed that my dads silver cruser was always hoter inside than the barina. and this is in 45 degree heat.

oneightoo
18th November 2005, 02:42 PM
a chrome gearnob will absorb more energy and be hotter being that it is metal, where as the black ones are either a plastic or leather and do not keep the energy absorbed as much as a metal..

CJB
18th November 2005, 03:16 PM
a chrome gearnob will absorb more energy and be hotter being that it is metal, where as the black ones are either a plastic or leather and do not keep the energy absorbed as much as a metal..
Wise one ;)

Something that does get really hot in my car and is black - the whole bloody car. I leant on it on Sunday after being on the Opel cruise and burnt my arm.

oneightoo
18th November 2005, 03:33 PM
lol yeah that'll happen.. hope you applied some cool water to the burnt area hahaha

CJB
18th November 2005, 03:35 PM
lol yeah that'll happen.. hope you applied some cool water to the burnt area hahaha
Nope... just got in the car and cried like a girl. lol. It was one of those delayed burns where you lean on it and it's burning but it takes a few moments to register.

My Silver Barina never had that problem.

InsaneAsylum
18th November 2005, 03:53 PM
get these:
http://images.saleshound.com/broadreach/dyn_li/200.0.75.0/Retailers/pepboys/novdecflyer_6b_3slh.jpg

and:
http://www.ddauto.com.au/stock%20photos/Car%20mats/xxx%20mats.gif

and:
http://www.procarparts.com/products/UNBKXX-0621P3X.JPG

and:
http://acesezgo.tripod.com/spinners_ani.gif

InSaNe^Sna1L
18th November 2005, 03:59 PM
ooooh!....they spin!!!

CJB
18th November 2005, 04:11 PM
I HATE those floor mats!!! But the seatcovers look cool!!!

InsaneAsylum
18th November 2005, 04:15 PM
http://icelord.net/honda/my/inside/altezza.jpg

btm
18th November 2005, 04:17 PM
aren't they for a lancer?

oneightoo
18th November 2005, 04:18 PM
oh stop being so sensibile btm :)

btm
18th November 2005, 04:23 PM
oh stop being so sensibile btm :)
sprung again... *blush* doh!

just cant help myself... :p

R3N
18th November 2005, 04:37 PM
aren't they for a lancer?

prelude......

InsaneAsylum
18th November 2005, 04:50 PM
really doesn't matter what car.

mr_sikma
18th November 2005, 04:54 PM
i have red ones in both my cars. like $80- a pair

my gf just got blck ones for her lanos.

get the ones without spiders n **** on them!

Red AH SRI T
18th November 2005, 09:11 PM
sorry but i hate those floor mats and wheels

talk about ricing up

*rolls eyes*

InsaneAsylum
18th November 2005, 09:18 PM
sorry but i hate those floor mats and wheels

talk about ricing up

*rolls eyes*

they're good for a few kilowatts at the wheels when you have an eminem sticker on your windscreen

Red AH SRI T
18th November 2005, 09:54 PM
they're good for a few kilowatts at the wheels when you have an eminem sticker on your windscreen

LMAO! :D :D

Namus
19th November 2005, 04:09 PM
how much for those AXS seatcovers? like $40/pair isn't it?

mr_sikma
19th November 2005, 05:38 PM
nah $80 a pair or like 50ea

break
20th November 2005, 01:51 AM
I have a full set of white AXS covers for my car (front and back), merely because they were the only brand that did white seat covers.

Anyway, other than looking like every other 'ricer' out there thanks to the obnoxious 'AXS' logos.... I quite like them... and while white is easy to stain... the stains come out very easily.

EL BURITO
20th November 2005, 03:03 AM
To be honest in my opinion pay the extra and get some taylored to fit your seats. Seat covers that dont fit snug are a waste of money, look and feel like cr@p

break
20th November 2005, 01:36 PM
To be honest in my opinion pay the extra and get some taylored to fit your seats. Seat covers that dont fit snug are a waste of money, look and feel like cr@pI disagree.

I much prefer the slip on covers for the simple fact they are easy as pie to take off and wash. I hate trying to undo knots underneath the seat on a pair of fitted seat covers.

One top of that... getting taylored seat covers is not even remotely affordable for most people. I payed $185 for AXS covers front and back (including postage), and that would probably just cover tailored covers for the front seats in a cheap fabric... if that. A mate of mine paid $700 for tailored woolen seat covers recently (just for the front seats... and yes... wool is more expensive than the usual materials used for covers).

EL BURITO
20th November 2005, 05:08 PM
Fin hell that is expensive. my mom got quoted $450 for the entire car in wool. ????.
I am just going off experiance wen i had seat covers in my first car (a suzi alto) all seat covers fitted like $hit and i have given up on them.

break
20th November 2005, 10:56 PM
Fin hell that is expensive. my mom got quoted $450 for the entire car in wool. ????.Could have something to do with the fact the custom covers were actually made for '87 Corvette seats... but from my experiences with his car the seats weren't noticably different to normal seats.... so its beyond me why it would be so much more expensive.

boozt
23rd November 2005, 10:39 AM
I've got white ones i got from Autobarn, do get dirty, but look pretty good clean