PDA

View Full Version : Carsguide Article:Viva Fever

Red AH SRI T
17th November 2005, 04:54 PM
http://carsguide.news.com.au/news/story_page/0,8269,17276174%255E27286,00.html

01CDsedan
17th November 2005, 06:09 PM
Hmmm....

Had a look over one today when I was waiting to pick up my Astra from its 120k service. There's no doubt in my mind that the interior quality isn't as good, and neither is the paint (loads of orange peel). I can see why you'd go for one as opposed to an AH Astra (price, price and price) but the TS Classic was probably a better car overall at least on quality perception.

Of course, then I went and took a look at the black SSZ sitting on the showroom floor and forgot about four-pots entirely...mmm

CJB
17th November 2005, 07:31 PM
So the auto gearbox is sh.it! That doesn't surprise me...

GeeeAus
17th November 2005, 08:07 PM
So the auto gearbox is sh.it! That doesn't surprise me...

Apparently.

Then again the Vecra B copped a fair bit of criticism regarding its 4 speed unit. Though I've had no complaints with how or when it changes.

The Auto Trans in Viva is a German made unit with Daewoo tuned computer control. In another review I read the auto trans won acclaim for its technical sophistication and innovative adaptive change technology.

I'll have to get in touch with dad, see if I can get a test drive of a Viva. That will be closer to Christmas though, I won't get a chance to visit the dealership in Berri before then.

It would be great to drive the Viva itself.

I was impressed with the Lacetti, it was a fine motor car, but to drive a Viva would be a better indicator, obviously.

GeeeAus