blackSRi
15th November 2005, 10:39 PM
Astra coupe style a winner
Stuart Innes
12nov05

http://carsguide.news.com.au/news/story_page/0,8269,17251689%255E27286,00.html

BassyAstra
15th November 2005, 11:16 PM
Must mean its drivers are decent looking too . :)

EL BURITO
15th November 2005, 11:40 PM
i want one right now Black CDX. cant till i get full time job again as not allowed another loan:( . SPose i can wate. Maby look at he turbo insted on the CDX

BassyAstra
15th November 2005, 11:47 PM
Turbo fsho.
Black no no.

EL BURITO
16th November 2005, 12:17 AM
wats your prob with black?. I am not having a silver car and red is not offered over hear dam holden. The rest are grammar colours

BassyAstra
16th November 2005, 12:42 AM
Sure black is the nicest looking for the first few months, no doubt.
SILVER LIGHTNING is the way, its bluey, silvery, dark and light in different sunlight, you cant go wrong.

But along with the black list:
Heat
The lines of the car cannot be seen as clearly
Harder to keep clean, you have to wash it like every day.
Scratches can be seen more easilly
The colour fades more noticably

And others that i cant think of but 90% of the forum will back me up on.

If you gettin the T i rekon they might have the blue that the VxR comes in, whats it called?
Anyway there is a large range of choices.

R3N
16th November 2005, 01:34 AM
Sure black is the nicest looking for the first few months, no doubt.
SILVER LIGHTNING is the way, its bluey, silvery, dark and light in different sunlight, you cant go wrong.

But along with the black list:
Heat
The lines of the car cannot be seen as clearly
Harder to keep clean, you have to wash it like every day.
Scratches can be seen more easilly
The colour fades more noticably

And others that i cant think of but 90% of the forum will back me up on.

If you gettin the T i rekon they might have the blue that the VxR comes in, whats it called?
Anyway there is a large range of choices.

arden blue, punk

but I doubt it will make it here in arden blue, last I heard was white, black, silver, lightning silver.... Blackie pls confirm

EL BURITO
16th November 2005, 01:45 AM
A dark blue might be nice. prob less girly on an Astra than a corsa cos i did look at it wen i bought the corsa

aussie_in_london
16th November 2005, 03:47 AM
arden blue will only be found on the VXR/OPC

BassyAstra
16th November 2005, 10:26 AM
arden blue will only be found on the VXR/OPC
What a jip.

blackSRi
16th November 2005, 11:54 AM
black colour:
* Heat - not noticed its more of a problem than my friends silver - the insulation in the roof works fine (so does the aircon/windows

*The lines of the car cannot be seen as clearly - nope, not true - you can see the lines on my black sri just fine (had comments to that effect). White blends lines.

*Harder to keep clean, you have to wash it like every day.
Nope - my car only looks dirty after 2-3-4 weeks of rain and road grime - silver shows the dirt more.
Scratches can be seen more easilly - only in direct sun can you see minor clearcoat polish cloth scratches, I fill major ones so that you cant see them - it also depends what type - chips aren't as noticable on black as compared to a white car.
The colour fades more noticably - fade? maybe if you auto wash your car and dont ever use a good car wash product or polish. My car looks as deep black as when I got it 3 years ago so there.

btm
16th November 2005, 12:34 PM
silver shows the dirt more.
I beg to differ

blackSRi
16th November 2005, 01:50 PM
ahh well, my mates car shows road grime around the wheels nearly straight away

Red AH SRI T
16th November 2005, 03:31 PM
arden blue, punk

but I doubt it will make it here in arden blue, last I heard was white, black, silver, lightning silver.... Blackie pls confirm

Yes, u are correct

WHAT A FU.CKING BORING COLOUR LINE UP

Who ever at holden decided this must have had their head up their a$$

Wanker

I want a blue turbo

I agree with Bassy about black, after owning one i doubt i would do it again its so hard to keep clean and scratch free.

btm
16th November 2005, 03:33 PM
That really is a pretty stupid thing to do - why only offer it 4 colours...!

idiots!

Red AH SRI T
16th November 2005, 03:35 PM
remember the old turbo was only offered in silver blue or black

btm
16th November 2005, 03:37 PM
yeah but the blue was good.

so very different to white, black and silver

R3N
16th November 2005, 05:22 PM
Exterior wise, nothing will set the new T apart from a normal CDX with the kit and rims, not even the damn colour!

Red AH SRI T
16th November 2005, 07:34 PM
and any one who thinks that a silver car shows more dirt than a black car is a complete and utter retard

either that or they have great drugs

GIMME!!! :eek:

EL BURITO
16th November 2005, 07:44 PM
I just dont like a silver or white car. couldnt find a CDX coup today and went to 3 big yards is there a shortage. And i was not impresed only approched by one sales staff member. and he was an idiot who new less about the new astra than my little sister. Is it possible to get the wheels off the CDXI hatch on the coup they are sick

blackSRi
16th November 2005, 08:08 PM
Yeah - lol, try white for worst - everything shows up

Red AH SRI T
17th November 2005, 03:51 PM
I just dont like a silver or white car. couldnt find a CDX coup today and went to 3 big yards is there a shortage. And i was not impresed only approched by one sales staff member. and he was an idiot who new less about the new astra than my little sister. Is it possible to get the wheels off the CDXI hatch on the coup they are sick

yes their is a shortage of CDX coupes, we have a delivery comming through sometime in mid december then again in january, many ppl are waiting til feb even march for delivery.

You could get CDXi wheels on a CDX coupe if u wanted to. They are NOT an accessory wheel so u would have to find a dealer that would take the wheels off a CDXi hatch. We have a set laying around because we took wheels off our CDXi demo to put on some HBD wheels.

R3N
17th November 2005, 06:34 PM
Silver and white lack depth of colour, they're a few of the colours that shows up reasonably well even when dirty but after a good clean, not as nice as a darker colour, say black, silver lightning or red.

BassyAstra
17th November 2005, 08:02 PM
yes their is a shortage of CDX coupes, we have a delivery comming through sometime in mid december then again in january, many ppl are waiting til feb even march for delivery.

You could get CDXi wheels on a CDX coupe if u wanted to. They are NOT an accessory wheel so u would have to find a dealer that would take the wheels off a CDXi hatch. We have a set laying around because we took wheels off our CDXi demo to put on some HBD wheels.
If they are just laying round can i come give you my completly unscratched 99% rubber CDX rims and pay a difference?
SERIOUSLY!

Red AH SRI T
18th November 2005, 09:03 PM
let me ask the boss

u seriously want CDXi wheels on ur coupe?

hmm i cant quite picture it

R3N
18th November 2005, 09:33 PM
bassy what the fk are you thinking?

don't make me fly all the way up there to btch slap you. get 18s!

pred8r
19th November 2005, 12:15 AM
They will probably keep 2-3 core colours and change one other every year. Just like they do with all the upper spec sporties eg SRi, GSi

I also wouldnt believe ALL of their articles either, their facelift barina SRi review is a review of the earlier one.
Aircon was standard on later models FWIR ('04 on, after they dropped TC and the headrest thingies) they state it was optional, makes me think its a rehashed old article.