PDA

View Full Version : Legal thingy

EL BURITO
14th November 2005, 06:22 PM
i was drivin up Marrmion Ave today and a nice red Ferrari (i think i spelt it wrong) zoomed past and i drooled. But thats not what i wanna know any ways at the light there was a 3 door ford fiesta that had its rear windows replaced with body coloured sheet metal. Is this leagal and if so how come you cant black out your back windows completly its the same thing. Wat are your thoughts on this i am feeling just a little confused to the laws on this.

MK
14th November 2005, 06:30 PM
this most likely means the car is registered as a "delivery vehicle" and there are no rear occupants provisions (no rear seats installed) and a steel barrier\mesh installed behind the front seats (like in some delivery vans\wagons)

They used to sell Hyundai Excel like that... i believe thats what this is...

EL BURITO
14th November 2005, 06:44 PM
Well then that is silly cos rear passengers should have no need to look out espessally if its a 3 door. In my experiance people get a 3 door cos they dont care about passenger comfort. Having the steel plate would still take out your blind spot this is all very sus.

Wattie
14th November 2005, 06:55 PM
then what you think happends in vans? and utes? hmmmmzz?
you can have you back window of a ute blacked out...

MK
14th November 2005, 06:58 PM
Law and rules :)

just like the fact that you can switch your high beams on at night while driving behind another car just before you overtake them (!?!) not worrying about the person in front they might lose sight momentarily because of the high beam light... (on country roads that is, in the city you dont need high beams apparently)

EL BURITO
14th November 2005, 07:29 PM
well i think it is all a bit silly one laws not lost for somthing as simple as windows

low astra
15th November 2005, 12:46 AM
my understanding of the laws on windows are, you front door window's must be T35, you windscreen must be at least 75% left clear, you rear side windows, can be blacked out compleatly, as can your rear windscreen, however, u must have both side rearvision mirrors on the car, and be able 2 use them,

there is also another law that says u must have a minimum of 2 rearvision mirrors on you car, this being the cars with a drivers side wing mirror and a center mirror inside the cabin of the car,

this is in QLD however, and laws may be different however i doubt that they will vary very much

pred8r
15th November 2005, 07:58 PM
Probably a safety thing, the guy in the car can see Mr Policeman through the limo tint, Mr Policeman cant see him.
Let alone on dark tints you cant see out at night.