PDA

View Full Version : 98RON/95RON shortage in Perth

blackSRi
14th November 2005, 05:36 PM
Anyone in Perth know of any BP petrol stations who still have Ultimate?
My tank is getting very low - stupid BP refinery.
http://www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au/news/dsp_news_details.cfm?news_id=130

EL BURITO
14th November 2005, 06:11 PM
cant find one mate. non from witfords north have any. i felt like crying. the last lot of 91 i used made my car go all funny. Thats wat i suppose you have to expect wen you buy from woolies. This would not be so bad if shell was alloued to sell Optimax and the other Caltex and Mobil 98 varierties. So this is just another thing we can blame on the government as well as BP.

blackSRi
14th November 2005, 07:25 PM
I'm trying BP Langford tomorrow - I will call first before I trek out there (Ultimate price tomorrow is down from today). I wouldn't use Optimax.

astra_city
14th November 2005, 07:31 PM
My fuel light has been on for a couple of days now....so today I went to 2 BP stations and they were both out of Ultimate and premium...I think I'm going to put a few litres of Premium from the Caltex down the road in or I'm going to run out of petrol!

EL BURITO
14th November 2005, 07:31 PM
Wats the difference.

EL BURITO
14th November 2005, 07:35 PM
i didnt notice a difference on Vortex 95

Namus
14th November 2005, 08:51 PM
why the shortage? delivery? over-consumption?

EL BURITO
14th November 2005, 09:16 PM
fu*k up at our only refinery witch is owned and run by Bp.

PerthSXi
14th November 2005, 10:16 PM
BP on the corner of walter road and crimea street still haas some ultimate left, at least they did this morning, as does the bp on princess road in balga, and when i filled up on sunday bp on the corner of lord street and walcott st in mt lawley still had a bit left, but apparently supplies wont be back for 3 weeks.......bugger

SXXXI
14th November 2005, 11:23 PM
BP @ Kardinya on South Street still had premium and ultimate yesterday. There is no ultimate because it is only produced in WA and the machine that prodcues it broke. It was fixed today but all of the supplies produced in the first couple of weeks of being back online will be sent to the eatern states as the demand is greater over there. I know because my dad works for the company. If your worried about using crap fuel then just add octane booster. You can buy it at servos and places like supercheap

Vampire
15th November 2005, 02:41 PM
I stop using Ultimate when the price went over a dollar. I've switched to Vortex, its not 98RON, but feels ok

GeeeAus
15th November 2005, 05:26 PM
BP @ Kardinya on South Street still had premium and ultimate yesterday. There is no ultimate because it is only produced in WA and the machine that prodcues it broke. It was fixed today but all of the supplies produced in the first couple of weeks of being back online will be sent to the eatern states as the demand is greater over there. I know because my dad works for the company. If your worried about using crap fuel then just add octane booster. You can buy it at servos and places like supercheap

Please DON'T just put a bottle of octane booster in your car. Check first that it is compatible with your cars catylitic converter, most aren't. These boosters are formulated with very high levels of aromatic compounds in them, which results in clogging, and hence destruction of the CAT.

Not to mention all the deposits it leaves in the combustion chamber and exhaust system in general.

CHECK BEFORE YOU POUR.

Remember these additives were chiefly designed for use in old Leaded vehicles, which have no CAT. Modern cars have lower compression ratios and better management systems, they often run fine on 91 RON fuel.

Destroy your CAT and when your car stalls, lacks power, won’t idle and consumes fuel like it's going out of fashion; you’ll wish you hadn’t.

Just use that until the Ultimate comes on stream again.

GeeeAus

blackSRi
15th November 2005, 10:14 PM
Rang 4 (cheapest) stations at 4:30pm...
BP Langford, Bentley, East Perth, Mt Lawley

All out of Ultimate and Premium, none expected for upto 14 days.

EL BURITO
16th November 2005, 01:22 AM
Gess wat i got. Full tank BP Merrira on Nirrabup road at the end on Marrmion Ave. Says they got some left but dossent think it will last past tomorrow night.

blackSRi
16th November 2005, 09:27 PM
I asked Fuelwatch about removing prices for servos without fuel - this is what I found out....
From Fuelwatch:

We considered removing prices for those sites out of fuel originally however, BP have advised us that sites are being delivered small stocks of fuel frequently. What this means is that each site is receiving a small amount of PULP and 98 RON, which they are then pretty quickly running out of. Apparently, some sites are even receiving more than one delivery a day.

In regard to NA instead of posting a price on search results:
If there was no price published on FuelWatch, then not only would it technically be illegal for the site to sell the fuel (the law says that they most notify a price to FuelWatch by 2pm the previous afternoon), but when they did receive stock, people wouldn't be able to find the price.

What we're advising retailers to do instead is only notify a price if they believe they may have fuel. For any site that thinks they won't have fuel for the next 24 hours, we are asking they don't notify a price. If they think they might receive a delivery, they should notify a price.

What we are also looking at doing is including the phone number of sites next to their prices on the website. This would make it easier for motorists to find out if fuel is currently in stock.

We know that this is far from perfect, but at the moment, we think it's the best way of keeping motorists informed. If you do have any suggestions about how we could improve it, we would certainly appreciate them.

Thanks for taking the time to write.

Kind Regards,
FuelWatch