PDA

View Full Version : LED - Instrument Cluster...

MK
10th November 2005, 06:50 PM
Hi,

I have a chance of getting those replacement LED Instrument Cluster lights, for few dollars, from a respectable supplier. (Green,Blue,Red,White\Xenon)

How do these work? What i mean by that is, since my Astra AH Instrument cluster is orange in colour, by replacing the original globes with Blue or White LED "bulbs" will it work? or do i have to purchase additional blue or white Tacho, Speedo facias?

Has anyone here performed such replacement on Astra AH or any Opel? Will it voide warranty? How difficult is the Astra dash to dissasemble?

Thanks,
Marcin

EL BURITO
11th November 2005, 12:01 AM
Well there isnt a warranty on bulbs cos they are consumables and as long as you use direct replacement bulbs you are not doing any thing wrong. As for the dials i was worried about the black back ground but i looked at some pics of the blue light coming from black dials as you can see as good as with standard and it looks cool. I was going to order mine from the UK this weekend were are your ones from?

JasonGilholme
11th November 2005, 08:17 AM
have a search man!!! its been done about 3 times in the past 6 months. One of those people was me.

Simplist thing to do. What you've got in those pictures are direct replacement bulbs which just screw into the existing holes. there is no need to buy anythin else. Even if you have white faced dials or not there is no need to buy any other parts except the bulbs.

Just choose your colour and screw them in.

As for pullin the astra dash apart. theres a fair few people on here that could do it in under 10 minutes. I've got a corsa which i can do in about 10 minutes also. It's very simple as well except the panels may feel a bit crisp at first and need quite a hard pull to get them out of clips etc.

Anyway, i reckon the bulbs are good, i would never go back to originals after having blue ones.

Have fun

Jason

MK
14th November 2005, 06:24 PM
Hi,
Mine are coming from Poland (approximately 2 weeks wait from the date they are despatched)
No place of manufacture specified (could be anywhere from Germany,Poland,China or Korea)
Cost per each (7.00 PLZ - Poland Zlotych + postal costs which i have not got yet)
7.00 PLZ = 2.80 AUD as per www.XE.com

thanks for your responses...

Marcin

low astra
15th November 2005, 12:49 AM
have a search man!!! its been done about 3 times in the past 6 months. One of those people was me.

dude ive done it like 3 times in the last month,

EL BURITO
15th November 2005, 12:57 AM
Well i just ordered mine cost $40 Aus coming from the UK