PDA

View Full Version : Camber and lowering

Kacper
8th November 2005, 03:28 PM
Hey all

I'm just about to go pick up new springs to lower my veccy 40mm. I'm unsure of what to do with my camber after I've installed them, will I need to get one of those camber kit things or is it as easy as taking into a workshop for a camber alignment?

Thanks for any help.

thirteen
9th November 2005, 05:11 PM
you should ideally get a camber kit for the rear, the vec rear gets quite a bit of neg camber once lowered.

Kacper
9th November 2005, 08:28 PM
Thanks.
Anyone know about the front?

InsaneAsylum
10th November 2005, 08:08 AM
i would get a kit for each corner. i have pedders springs in my vectra and no camber kits and i subequently wear out the insides of my tires.

if you get a camber kit, let me know how much it was and where.

RK
10th November 2005, 09:26 AM
My veccy is lowered about 40mm front, and 60mm rear, and has a camber kit installed on all corners. It changes the look drastically. As it is, the car doesnt really look modifed at all. Only when you put it up against a standard Veccy do you realise its been lowered. I'm pretty sure my camber kits were from K-Mac.

Kacper
10th November 2005, 12:40 PM
Thanks for that.
RK, do you remember roughly what you paid for your kits? I'm getting some really varying results on prices after googleing it.

InsaneAsylum
10th November 2005, 01:34 PM
going by the k-mac wesite it's about 300 for front and rear delivered. i don't know if trade prices would be less though