PDA

View Full Version : Turn off head lights

EL BURITO
7th November 2005, 05:52 PM
Wat do you need to get your headlights to turn off with the car like on commodors and toyota landcrusers

InsaneAsylum
7th November 2005, 06:06 PM
don't you get the annoying beep?

I think parking lights have to be able to be turned on even if your keys aren't in. as far as headlights go, they will turn off if you wire them into your accessories, however you will need auto elec advise as i'm not an auto elec and i don't want to take responsibility for any damage/circuit overload this may cause.

CJB
7th November 2005, 07:44 PM
ha ha Insane Asylum I read your thing as cynical and circumcised *puts glasses on* Oh I see... :p

Sounds like too much work to do just to get that.

Chris R
7th November 2005, 09:29 PM
to answer the question:
two relays. tie the coils to the ACC or IGN and then interrupt the fuses.( but leave the lights FUSED!)

low astra
7th November 2005, 09:43 PM
will it still have the annoying warning beep like when u leave the lights on by accident?

Clint
7th November 2005, 09:55 PM
yes it will still have the beep. i was gonna say the same thing as chris. i was more thinking a while back about making it so the headlights come on with the car being unlocked like the new commodores.

low astra
7th November 2005, 10:08 PM
is there a way 2 disable the little speaker that makes the beep and anoying ****

Clint
9th November 2005, 05:21 PM
ive wondered that many many times, u could do it, but i dont think u could make it so it beeps when the headlights are on and door open, but not beep when the key is in the ignition and door open. i ahte that noise, but the headlight warning is good. if u dont want any noise from it just cut the wire to the the buzzer. in the vectra its located behind the fuses somewhere, dont know about the astra