PDA

View Full Version : Skyping: A conference night.

Turblue
30th October 2005, 08:27 PM
Hey Everyone....

I'm interested in doing a Skype conference call one night, maybe as a regular event.

Any interest..???

MiksOpel
30th October 2005, 10:04 PM
would it work? with so many people?

Turblue
30th October 2005, 10:11 PM
No idea..!!!

Let's see what happens....

FlySri
30th October 2005, 10:50 PM
Sorry!!!
A what??
(4 THE DUMB ASS'S)HEHE!

Turblue
31st October 2005, 08:04 AM
www.skype.com

We can all talk to each other. You would need a mic and speakers. A broadband link would help too..!!!

Turblue
31st October 2005, 09:25 AM
Oh, I forgot...

I installed Skype onto my wireless PDA. Man I just love technology. I was walking aroung the house talking to a friend on my PDA.!!

This is so cool....

Dave
1st November 2005, 01:19 AM
it will work depending on the number of ppl, because the person that " hosts " the conference call essentaly acts like a server in repeating and dishing out the conversation to all concerned, due to the quality and compression software they use for skype the most weve been able to manadge with no skiping or distortion of the voice on a standard 512/128 adsl conection was 4, you can only just manadge 6 on a reasonable cable connection. If your interested in doing a mass voice chat, id suggest teamspeak ( google it im to lazy ) and find a free server with plenty of open slots, creat a room, jack up the voice codec to 25k, its near telephone quality then and enjoy sapping someone elses bandwidth. I used to host a ts server at home and ona 512/128 conection i could hold 6 no wories but with a lowish voice quality. We used to get up to 30 people on team speak and go play online games it was alot of fun.