PDA

View Full Version : Will anyone do it?

Namus
28th October 2005, 07:44 AM
So, with the (seemingly) inevitable arrival of the HSV VXR in the future, just wondering if anyone is considering badging their car as a HSV now...?

There was discussion in another thread about how some ppl thought that badging your car as an Opel or Vauxhaul was not the greatest idea (we won't bring that up again...)....so will u? or won't you?

Why? Why not?

Red AH SRI T
28th October 2005, 08:11 AM
I would never badge a normal Astra as an HSV

But i may consider badging a HSV VXR as an Opel or Vauxhall

btm
28th October 2005, 08:13 AM
still undecided on what i'd do... maybe? maybe not?

InsaneAsylum
28th October 2005, 08:26 AM
if i owned a VL commodore.... Oh that's already been done.... ok

anicorsa
28th October 2005, 09:19 AM
Yeah i'd badge the Astra HSV as an Opel OPC...

But i wouldnt badge a normal astra.

Dee
28th October 2005, 09:24 AM
if i owned the VXR then it would already be badged as a HSV

i would never badge a normal astra/vectra/barina as a HSV, thats just stupid, i had a hard enough time convincing people that my car was an opel... its just stupid !!

Mr T
28th October 2005, 09:50 AM
You're kidding...hahaha

That sort of thing only looks good on V6 VT's with 15" alloys, Monaro bonnet and tail lights and SS seats...

Shaun
28th October 2005, 09:58 AM
No it would be like Badging a V6 Commodore as one.

And if and when i do buy a HSV VXR it will be staying in HSV Form. With HSV Badging there already unique.

btm
28th October 2005, 10:16 AM
i read the question wrong... i thought you were talking about badging a HSV VXR as an opel... woops!

my real answer to your question is NO - i would never badge a normal astra as a HSV

i think it looks really gay when people badge there car something it is not. like putting an 'XR8' or 'turbo' or 'GTS' badge on a car that is clearly not one.

just my opinion :)

RapidSRi
28th October 2005, 06:20 PM
good question. i bet it happens!!! there are so many holden hrt hsv fans out there it is bound to.
i don't rekn it would look right even though astra has been an hsv before

Shaun
28th October 2005, 06:27 PM
If the TS was badged as a HSV from HSV it wouldnt have looked strange. But it would be strange to do so now. My guess is unless you own a VXR you wont be able to obtain HSV VXR Markings or Kit.
HSV are very frim on how you obtain parts for there cars and i think that its a good idea.
Information such as Chassis number build plate number and i think they have a card that has the owners details on them. (correct me if im wrong here)
Those how pay the extra for the HSV VXR should be able to stand out of the cowd and be seen. They will be paying in excess of 40k for the car.

RapidSRi
28th October 2005, 06:34 PM
Those how pay the extra for the HSV VXR should be able to stand out of the cowd and be seen. They will be paying in excess of 40k for the car.

It will be hard to notice when it's be gone into the sunset in seconds..haha

HSV Badges are easy to get like at you local shopping centre. Lionsden shop have them and if not ebay etc. I asked Lionsden if they have Opeladges, she smiled and said "no and we can't get them either" yeah right

R3N
28th October 2005, 11:10 PM
I'd do eett... unless they had GT-R or STi badges on special

low astra
29th October 2005, 12:03 AM
it would be like putting merc badges on a daewoo, would score highly with bogans

Red AH SRI T
29th October 2005, 02:43 PM
it would be like putting merc badges on a daewoo, would score highly with bogans

Or people who have a SsangYong Musso with Mecr badges :p

R3N
29th October 2005, 03:02 PM
Or people who have a SsangYong Musso with Mecr badges :p

OT: but I saw a musso with Daewoo badges the other day... wierd...

Red AH SRI T
29th October 2005, 03:10 PM
OT: but I saw a musso with Daewoo badges the other day... wierd...

Ssangyong was sold here by mercedes then Daewoo bought them and started selling their products here as Daewoo's.

The Daewoo went belly up and SsangYong was sold to a chinese company and now SsangYongs are sold as SsangYongs again

Namus
29th October 2005, 05:50 PM
don't know why u'd go and CHANGE ur badges to daewoo...

RapidSRi
29th October 2005, 08:25 PM
this is absolutely no joke, i did a complete 'what the' last year when I saw a BMW X5 with a Daewoo badge on the back and some other funny stickers on the rear window, it was a sorry sight but they obviously had a sense of humour

or somebody sabotaged their ride!!

JR
29th October 2005, 08:48 PM
funny how this topic came up now, cause i was feeling bored last week and added a touch of "hsv" to me astra.

http://img493.imageshack.us/img493/7205/side2hsv3to.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

no i haven't really done it, its just a computer image. unfortunately the edges are bit jagged.

but a mate of mine is offering 2 help me if i do go ahead with it. i've given him the images.

.....just gotta wait n c wat happens now.

gaero
29th October 2005, 11:09 PM
Wonder if anyone will be rebadging their new viva or barina with daewoo badges ????

as for putting hsv badges on an astra. I have nothing against people that mod their cars with parts from other models (i've done it myself) but calling your car a different model, now thats a bit silly

gaero
29th October 2005, 11:10 PM
Wonder if anyone will be rebadging their new viva or barina with daewoo badges ????

as for putting hsv badges on an astra. I have nothing against people that mod their cars with parts from other models (i've done it myself) but calling your car a different model, now thats a bit silly

esp if your calling it the performance version

Red AH SRI T
30th October 2005, 08:07 AM
how about people badging their new Barina or Viva as a Chevrolet or a Suzuki (cause they are sold under those banners overseas)

gaero
30th October 2005, 09:07 AM
how about people badging their new Barina or Viva as a Chevrolet or a Suzuki (cause they are sold under those banners overseas)

I wonder how long it will be before holden will give new commo ute buyers the option of factory fitted chevy badges as most of the newer utes I see around sydney have been rebadged

Namus
30th October 2005, 04:15 PM
same here in QLD lol

Lt Ketch
31st October 2005, 10:54 PM
My wife has an old 1993 MH Barina, maybe I could cover that in HSV badges! After all the Carby 1.3 driving through an Auto box is SUCH a powerhouse of a combination, worthy of HSV badging Im sure :rolleyes: their must be.....gee.....at least 15kw making it to the road! (and thats without the ICE or AirCon on)

JasonGilholme
1st November 2005, 12:22 PM
My wife has an old 1993 MH Barina, maybe I could cover that in HSV badges! After all the Carby 1.3 driving through an Auto box is SUCH a powerhouse of a combination, worthy of HSV badging Im sure :rolleyes: their must be.....gee.....at least 15kw making it to the road! (and thats without the ICE or AirCon on)

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA!!!!!! funnies thing eva!!!!!