PDA

View Full Version : XC Barina Wins class in WHEELS MAGAZINE *GOLD STAR CARS*

Red AH SRI T
26th October 2005, 10:19 AM
Go pick up the latest edition of wheels Magazine, the Current Barina wins the "LIGHT: Under $14,500" Class ahead of Toyota Echo and Hyundai Getz.

here is what they said:

The only euro-babe in a segment traditionally dominated by japanese and Korean temptations, the Barina proves that cream rises to the top in bargin basement just as surely as everywhere else. Although the XC Barina is nearing the end of its reign, with a replacement on the horizon, and although its lone Gold Star Cars top ranking is in the driving Dynamics department, the Barina still shines as the most convincing package in the under $14,500 segment. And Why wouldnt it? This is, after all, the model that beat the likes of the BMW Compact, Mercedes C-Class and the original Toyota Prius to claim our 2001 Car Of The Year title. Holden has, however, dropped the Barina's specifications to keep the price low, meaning no more anti-whiplash headrests, rear disc brakes or optional ABS. Now as then, though, Barina owes its winning ways to its impressive combination of value, economy, willing performance, a generously roomy cabin and impressive driveability.

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

go Beep beep!!!

Mr T
26th October 2005, 10:52 AM
Now I understand why Holden dropped it....:eek:

...they needed a small car that didn't out perform its very own Commodore ! ! !

CJB
26th October 2005, 10:56 AM
With reviews like that why would you drop the XC? Serve them right if from now on the Echo (or is it now the Yaris?) or the Getz won every small car award.

woot woot, proud to own my barina! wait, does it still count if I have an 04 model? :p

pred8r
26th October 2005, 07:38 PM
the '03 was the one with the most 'value'. Had the works...before they started cutting the options back.

Funny thing though, Big Screen Plasma/LCDs have dropped $000s and you get more value for money, but in cars the same model gets less and less as it gets on through its sale run.

That must mean cars get more expensive the longer and more you sell the same model, so you must need to cut the features back or kill it all together and introduce a 'new' car that may not work before you go broke selling a 'loser'.

Damn, car manufactuers sound like software companies.

CJB
26th October 2005, 07:40 PM
That seems to make no sense at all that it actually makes sense! :p

EL BURITO
27th October 2005, 12:04 AM
arnt the barina's sold from july last to now MY05's not xc's ????
and wat are they talking about rear disks. After i bought mine they came off with a few other extra features. I thort i mention that i would prefer my barina to a commador any day of the week. since i had one befor i got my baby

Red AH SRI T
27th October 2005, 10:18 AM
My05 = XC

they have all ben XC's but u have MY01, MY 02 ect ect of the XC

Mr T
27th October 2005, 10:30 AM
XC has run from 2001 in Aus.

They get small changes each year, these changes do not always line up with the calandar year, so they get tagged MY (Model Year) then the year they want to name it after...

So you have MY01, MY02, MY03, MY04, MY05. and some times they do a mid year change and give it the tag MY03.5 for example....

CJB
27th October 2005, 10:35 AM
Thanks for clearning it up Mr T and Blackie... I always wondered what that MY crap was... now all is explained.

R3N
27th October 2005, 02:58 PM
Astra Coupe didnt win the 2nd one, how could mazda3 win? The H wasn't even in the running

EL BURITO
27th October 2005, 07:38 PM
Thanks for clearning it up Mr T and Blackie... I always wondered what that MY crap was... now all is explained.

i get to look like the idiot for both of this. This dosnt change the facks that specs listed are not on the current model

Red AH SRI T
27th October 2005, 09:30 PM
Which specs listed where exactly?

Namus
27th October 2005, 10:50 PM
where does the Astra T fit in?

Didn't see it in the Hot hatch section is all..

Red AH SRI T
28th October 2005, 07:16 AM
The awards are for cars that u can currently buy new

therefore the Astra SRi T in any form can't win the award

Namus
28th October 2005, 07:36 AM
oh ok, no worries...thanks for clearin that one up:)

poita
12th May 2013, 11:26 AM
I'm seeing a pattern so far.

Lots of stone chips from soft paint?

eddysdaman
12th May 2013, 11:29 AM
how did that post end up in this thread?

gremlins?

poita
12th May 2013, 11:38 AM
Yer definitely gremlins lol