PDA

View Full Version : what do u tell the insurance company when u change ur exhuast

1OPL2C
25th October 2005, 04:38 PM
what do you tell them?
you just got a cat bak exhuast changed?

coz they ask you like is it legal, is it a turbocharged exhuast? and does it change the performance...

and all i said was i got the muffler changed lol

Mr T
25th October 2005, 07:39 PM
Just tell 'em what you've got...dont give them the opportunity later to void your policy!!!

Alfonzo
25th October 2005, 08:01 PM
You say
"my fartpipe is bigger now"
And they say "sorry?"
You then stop giggling and say "I have a cat-back exhaust."

Sometimes they just classify it as a sports or performance exhaust, I made sure they write down 'Cat-back' on my policy on my last car, simply because I'm particular about these things. I believe it's better to be 110% specific with modifications, because they have less wiggle room if a claim comes around.

InSaNe^Sna1L
25th October 2005, 08:12 PM
I told a certain insurance company that apparently I should be "lucky to be with", that I had a new exhaust system for better fuel economy. It didn't seem to work though as they put it down as a performance exhaust, but doesn't matter as they accepted it and will cover me for it.

gaero
25th October 2005, 08:20 PM
when I got my exhaust, I phoned up the insurance company and explained nice and slowly that I had changed everything from the cat backwards ... the paper work for the up date to the policy arrives in the mail. says I have added an exhaust TIP????

called up again and this time the person knew exactly what I had done ... I think I was put through to a special area that deals with mods etc.

I agree with alfo, definatly get them to put down exactly what you tell them.

Rhino
28th October 2005, 12:04 AM
I've listed ALL my mods with my insurance company... no change in premium.

If my car get's stolen or written off, I want it ALL replaced.

If you told them muffler and you got cat-back, you're gonna be out of pocket come claim time.

NUTTTR
29th October 2005, 09:36 PM
Or if you told them "muffler" and they won't insure "performance mods" for your car (for whatever reason), then come claim time, they will say, "well, sorry, you have a cat-back exhaust, your policy is void as we wouldn't have insured you if you had it, so sorry"....

1OPL2C
29th October 2005, 10:20 PM
well.. since d last time i rang nrma, things have changed..

they now allow any rim width size aslong as its legal.. eg 2inch above or woteva and i told them about d cat bak

so everythings goin good.

EL BURITO
29th October 2005, 10:23 PM
i should really tellem then hur

1OPL2C
29th October 2005, 10:49 PM
yeh u should :)