PDA

View Full Version : New Holden ad campaign - "Holden employee pricing for all Australians"

blackSRi
22nd October 2005, 04:18 PM
Just saw this on Channel 9+10 tv and on the website:

http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/action/latestoffers?regionId=13

What the...?

Uh-oh...Toyota is still beating us on sales....or...Mitsubishi 380???? lol
;)

beep beep sri
22nd October 2005, 06:03 PM
i beleive holden drop around 1/4 of the price to people that work for them corect me if im wrong? bet its just a load of bull s#*t

BassyAstra
22nd October 2005, 06:04 PM
Maybe Black_AH can clear this up???

Btw ist only for car with a build date pre-July 2005.

blackSRi
22nd October 2005, 06:20 PM
darn, and I was going to reserve an Astra T.....

Red AH SRI T
22nd October 2005, 06:21 PM
Ok, let me clear a few things up here

People who think that employees get cars at 50% or better are just f*cked in the head.

Discounts range from $1000 to 15% so in some cases the general public is getting better than national fleet discount pricing.

The majority of cars have to be complied (not built bassy) pre July 2005, some cars complied after this date also apply if i remember correctly.

The Deal excludes TK (new model) Barina, JF Viva, XC Tigra and ZC Vectra(due to the huge discounts already in place on vectra)

Its a pretty good deal, so oon XC Barina's u get $1000 discount, if u bought a V8 Caprice u get aprox $11500 discount

The offer does not cover HSV's.

It also excludes AH Coupe and Wagon, SS-Z, CV-8-Z, and Lumina.

I just saw the advert on TV for the employee pricing, did anyone notice that they showed a disguised VE running on the test track?

blackSRi
22nd October 2005, 06:23 PM
Yeah, saw that VE....

BassyAstra
22nd October 2005, 06:26 PM
The majority of cars have to be complied (not built bassy) pre July 2005, some cars complied after this date also apply if i remember correctly.

Whats the difference?

BTW someone at holden today told me that the Tigra Turbo is coming next year.

blackSRi
22nd October 2005, 06:27 PM
Bet that TigraT will be mucho $$$...

Red AH SRI T
22nd October 2005, 06:30 PM
Whats the difference?

Well obviously a build plate is when the car is built

a compliance plate is put on when a car is sent out of pool stock and into dealer stock.

So with commodores they tend to have the same month build and compliance.

Imported car's generaly have 3 months between build and compliance plate, or if the model is not popular and a car has been bought into the country then put in storage u could have 12 or more months between the build and compliance.

U know at ingleburn where all the cars are stored? when they come out of that yard and are sent to dealers they have a compliance plate fitted

BassyAstra
22nd October 2005, 06:33 PM
Ahhh i understand, so the where is the complaince plate situated on the car? Becuase the build date is just under the bonnet rite?

The holden at roseberry has its own car storage, its masive.

Red AH SRI T
22nd October 2005, 06:37 PM
yeah every dealer has there own car storage!!!

but when the cars are stored in Mass before being allocated out to dealers then they dont have compliance plates

Compiance plates usually sit under the bonnet as well, some imports put them inside one of the front doors, others u find in the spare wheel well, others under the carpet under the drivers seat.

In the Astra H there is a little black plate at the very front of the engine bay, thats ur build plate, then a big silver plate with the VIN on it at the back of the engine bay, well thats ur compliance plate.

Namus
22nd October 2005, 09:50 PM
haha lol; Holden are getting desperate..

EL BURITO
22nd October 2005, 11:45 PM
yerr cant sell the commodor cos of petrol price. you don't need a v6 but they would like you to think its a good idea

01CDsedan
23rd October 2005, 09:23 AM
If it wasn't for the fact that VE is less than a year away, I'd be very tempted to head down to the dealer and enquire about employee pricing on a VZ SS...mmm

Red AH SRI T
23rd October 2005, 05:35 PM
haha lol; Holden are getting desperate..

its not really a marketing campaign to purely increase sales, but more so to clear old stock vechiles and start off 2006 with as few old cars as possible

When GM did this in the US sales rose 47% in one week!!!!

180HOA
23rd October 2005, 06:00 PM
Yeah, but in the US GM had been kicked to the kerb by most of the foreign brands... the increase in sales showed what price people were really prepared to pay for the product. I think it is a sign of some desperation on Holden's part - why the need for big discounting in a record new car market? It's also a slap in the face to people who have recently bought cars, and devalues the brand. It's interesting that while there was a German at the helm the perceived value of the Holden badge went up. Now with an American in the chair, it looks to be heading the other way...

CJB
23rd October 2005, 07:42 PM
I don't mean to change the direction here (if I am) but I was just wondering... is the Astra H likely to be dropped in price over the next year or so? It's just that I wanted to get one next year (a black 5 door) and although money isn't really an issue, it's just I remember that the Astra G when it first came out was up around the $23K mark wasn't it? Then it began to come down, and well finally on run out price ended up at the $18 mark.

R3N
23rd October 2005, 08:04 PM
I don't mean to change the direction here (if I am) but I was just wondering... is the Astra H likely to be dropped in price over the next year or so? It's just that I wanted to get one next year (a black 5 door) and although money isn't really an issue, it's just I remember that the Astra G when it first came out was up around the $23K mark wasn't it? Then it began to come down, and well finally on run out price ended up at the $18 mark.

get a VXR!

Are you looking at getting a new one or a 2nd hand one. No doubt 2nd hand ones depreciate every year. In terms of a new 5dr, it might be too early for the price to drop, unless you get one around the end of financial year, you get extras and stuff.

I'm sure someone else can clarify this. If I'm not mistaken, the 5dr price dropped when the coupe came out

CJB
23rd October 2005, 08:09 PM
I want a black 5 door CDX hatch. I wanted a sedan, but no signs of that coming... so yeah, nah no VXR for me. I don't think I could get stretch my finances that far and I am also justifying the trading of the Barina to the 5 door because perhaps one day I will be married with kids and need the room :p even though atm there is no gf, no need for kids... ha ha ha and the way I go through cars I would only have the Astra for a year anyways, maybe two. Like Mum says though, it's better to be safe then sorry :)

But actually come to think of it my friend has a baby and it's really hard to fit all her stuff and the baby in the barina!

Done with three doors anyways, time to move on to a 5 door. I was just wondering if the price would drop cos it might mean the difference between a CDX or a CDXi - Or just get the CDX and have cheaper repayments ... lol

aussie_in_london
24th October 2005, 07:34 AM
Whats the difference?

BTW someone at holden today told me that the Tigra Turbo is coming next year.

thats interesting no plans for here or Europe
they tried for a vxr varient but canned it as the chassie
and TT body could not handle the power output of a 1.6 T
with 180bhp.

btm
24th October 2005, 08:02 AM
I want a black 5 door CDX hatch. I wanted a sedan, but no signs of that coming... so yeah, nah no VXR for me. I don't think I could get stretch my finances that far and I am also justifying the trading of the Barina to the 5 door because perhaps one day I will be married with kids and need the room :p even though atm there is no gf, no need for kids... ha ha ha and the way I go through cars I would only have the Astra for a year anyways, maybe two. Like Mum says though, it's better to be safe then sorry :)

But actually come to think of it my friend has a baby and it's really hard to fit all her stuff and the baby in the barina!

Done with three doors anyways, time to move on to a 5 door. I was just wondering if the price would drop cos it might mean the difference between a CDX or a CDXi - Or just get the CDX and have cheaper repayments ... lol

you're not thinking to far ahead are you....??? :)

180HOA
24th October 2005, 09:08 AM
All cars get more heavily discounted as the model gets older. If they didn't nobody would buy them against newer and better competition. Having said that, the TS was 7 or 8 years old by the time they were selling for $18k - and even then I think that was only so Holden had a cheap small car. They wouldn't sell the AH at anywhere near that price cos they wouldn't move any Vivas. If I was looking at an AH, my biggest concern wouldn't be discounting, but when they're finally going to give it the engine it needs. I'd hate to buy one and then hear a month later it's getting an extra 10 or 20 kW...

btm
24th October 2005, 10:29 AM
And don't forget... "Holden means a great deal to Australia" :p

CJB
24th October 2005, 10:37 AM
BTM - it was never about thinking ahead ;) It was about finding a believable reason for buying another car so soon after my new Barina.

Besides whats wrong with a H as a family car?

I HATE that dude on the Holden add. His voice... eeek :p

entice
24th October 2005, 10:49 AM
wonder if you still can get the $3k rebate on top of that?

Employees can get $3K additional to employee pricing..or am i incorrect???

Sounds like they're clearing old stock..plated Prior to July 05...

btm
24th October 2005, 11:04 AM
i think its a pretty good campaign - it will certainly get a lot of peoples attention. (especially the ones who think staff get massive discounts)

It will at least make heaps of people enquire about new cars - I wonder what ford will hit back with....

Red AH SRI T
24th October 2005, 11:44 AM
The rebate is for people who have a Holden MasterCard. And yes they still get that on top of the discounted price.

Only AH Astra's complied BEFORE JULY 1st 2005 are eligable for the discount.

Basically:

ALL VEHICLES compliance plated before July 1 2005. Also all following vehicles are eligible no matter when they are complianced:
*XC Barina Range
*XC Combo
*YG Cruise
*TS Astra range including Equipe and Convertible
*TT Zafira
*ZC Vectra range (no further discount beyond Sept 05 price rollback)
* VZ Commodore Equipe; SS Sedan, SS Ute and SS Crewman (not SS-Z); WL Statesman;&
*RA Rodeo (including MY06)

As for Holden discounting the Astra H anymore, well that aint gunna happen. The CDX was reduced by $1000 only 3 or 5 months ago. The CD is priced against its competitors so the price wont be going anywhere, and if it did it would start eating Viva sales, not what Holden wants.
And if u are looking for a pre-July plated Astra H u wont find many, unless ur after a Manual, Autos there are none of.

btm
25th October 2005, 09:58 AM
http://finance.news.com.au/story/0,10166,17027364-462,00.html

An interesting news article

Poogene2001
25th October 2005, 03:34 PM
As for Holden discounting the Astra H anymore, well that aint gunna happen. The CDX was reduced by $1000 only 3 or 5 months ago. The CD is priced against its competitors so the price wont be going anywhere, and if it did it would start eating Viva sales, not what Holden wants.
And if u are looking for a pre-July plated Astra H u wont find many, unless ur after a Manual, Autos there are none of.

Who wants Autos anyway? :cool: