PDA

View Full Version : VW Polo GTi

rjastra
22nd October 2005, 01:35 PM
The Barina SRi may dissappear but VW seems to have come to the rescue :)

http://vga.rsc03.net/servlet/website/PersonalizedForm?OnHEwvev.3d0b_eHNgJoE29a.26f7beEk pJoHkKDMHRFppgLmDgLmDHN

http://cdn.rsc03.net/ig.rsc03.net/responsysimages/vga/PoloGTILaunch/index/poloGti_Header.jpg

Shaun
22nd October 2005, 02:31 PM
Ford will more then likley realease the Fiesta Hot Hatch too now. Holden need to go back and bring the OPC Corsa in

rjastra
22nd October 2005, 02:34 PM
I doubt that ford will bring the Fiesta ST150 in.

The engine in the Polo can be easily boosted to 165kw!

Shaun
22nd October 2005, 02:37 PM
there was talk of it. Would make sense if the price is right. not a ford man but will say the Fiesta ST150 and the Focus XR5 Turbo look nice. Maybe the Focus could fit in the range as the XR4

Bernard Siong
22nd October 2005, 03:02 PM
the xr5 IS UGLY!
i saw it at the motorshow
the a hsv turbo is hot...

the GTI GOLF is also very nice but i'd still take the hsv astra over it

BassyAstra
22nd October 2005, 04:01 PM
I doubt that ford will bring the Fiesta ST150 in.

The engine in the Polo can be easily boosted to 165kw!

IN a polo that would be insane!

I love this car.

imay
22nd October 2005, 04:06 PM
Here's a little bit more . . .
http://www.germancarfans.com/news.cfm/newsid/2051021.002

01CDsedan
23rd October 2005, 09:30 AM
0-100 in 8.2 is fairly quick - probably quicker than most other cars at that price point. Anyone know what it weighs?

I wish I'd actually seen it at the Motor Show - I had a look at the VW stand but didn't actually notice it was there. Then again, I went with someone who was looking to buy a car and she didn't want a VW. (Here's a tip: if you want to enjoy the Motor Show, don't go with someone who wants to buy a car but knows nothing about them).

Poogene2001
23rd October 2005, 10:57 AM
Id consider taking it over the AH Astra Coupe... Extra 20Kw and probably better handling dynamics make it an attractive offer for 27K.

BassyAstra
23rd October 2005, 01:44 PM
Id consider taking it over the AH Astra Coupe... Extra 20Kw and probably better handling dynamics make it an attractive offer for 27K.
You would?

Its much smaller though.

rjastra
23rd October 2005, 01:57 PM
You would?

Its much smaller though.

I would... the 1.8L AH Astra doesn't really have the herbs. So there is no way I am trading out of an Astra SRi 2.2 into something MUCH slower. NO matter how good it looks.

The Polo Gti seems to be great value for money. And there are HEAPS of mods available for that engine.

pred8r
23rd October 2005, 09:27 PM
Tis a hot looking piece of euro beasty but...

how would it go compared to the corolla sportivo, considering they are only a few $k apart?

01CDsedan
23rd October 2005, 09:59 PM

Don't bet on the handling being better...VW Group products don't seem to do very well on Australian roads handling-wise.

SSS_Hoon
23rd October 2005, 10:22 PM
isnt the polo the 1.8t engine or is it the 2lt?

my gf has the golf gti and its a bloody awesome car, i think that the polo must be the 1.8 if its 8sec to 100k as my gf golf gti does it in under 7seconds.

and as for handling on aussie roads are you kidding they handle bloody great the ass is a little bit too stiff but other then that its awesome, we took it out razorback and it loved it 100 into the corners and floor it through them and stuck like glue right round.

i dont think that they aer bringing the polo out here anyway are they?

the new 3door r32 will wel should be out here middle next year sometime.

SSS_Hoon

rjastra
23rd October 2005, 11:01 PM
Don't bet on the handling being better...VW Group products don't seem to do very well on Australian roads handling-wise.

The new Golf V GTi is probably one of the most well rounded handling hot hatches available in Australia at the moment.

i dont think that they aer bringing the polo out here anyway are they?

Read!!.... I told you it was.. I got an email directly from VW australia about it.
It arrives in November.

how would it go compared to the corolla sportivo, considering they are only a few $k apart?

LOL... Corolla hot hatch? More like luke warm pudding :)

Mr T
24th October 2005, 08:58 AM
the new 3door r32 will wel should be out here middle next year sometime.
SSS_Hoon

I seen one this morning, may have been some journo car or something but I drove next to it on the way to work, looks the biz...

...spewin, it only had 3 doors...oh well, I'll just keep looking...

BassyAstra
24th October 2005, 01:14 PM
I seen one this morning, may have been some journo car or something but I drove next to it on the way to work, looks the biz...

...spewin, it only had 3 doors...oh well, I'll just keep looking...
Wow a new R32 already!
They are amazing inside!

Mr T
24th October 2005, 02:04 PM
It had an R32 badge on the back...

Sorta sounded like an M3 but a little bit deeper...had that hollow sound but without that high pitch gurgle.

rjastra
24th October 2005, 04:29 PM
It had an R32 badge on the back...

Sure you don't mean the "old" R32.

I am not sure they have even started building the "new" R32.

SSS_Hoon
24th October 2005, 05:19 PM
it woulda been the old r32 not the new one man it aint out yet not till next year and that is if they even bring it out here.

SSS_Hoon

BassyAstra
24th October 2005, 05:44 PM
it woulda been the old r32 not the new one man it aint out yet not till next year and that is if they even bring it out here.

SSS_Hoon

Bahh...
I see the old R32s all the time..

Mr T
24th October 2005, 06:54 PM
I may have to stand corrected here, But i'm fairly certain that it was the current model.

R3N
24th October 2005, 07:21 PM
some wanka in a GTi with an R32 badge?

pred8r
24th October 2005, 07:24 PM
maybe it IS the next one....they are just roadtesting where no-one would know what it was.

Seen a cherokee like that once, an orbital powered laser and some freaky fast sedan one night (could have been a falcodore)

180HOA
24th October 2005, 08:04 PM
An orbital powered laser? Huh?

pred8r
24th October 2005, 09:27 PM
Orbital engine company...fwir its LIKE a rotary or something
Had a sticker on the side about it being a joint venture testing vehicle for evaluation between Ford and OEC

www.orbeng.com.au

BassyAstra
24th October 2005, 10:16 PM
I may have to stand corrected here, But i'm fairly certain that it was the current model.
WELLLLLLLLL

Considering australia is the 1st country to get the Polo Gti and considering that they did show the R32 at that big motor show in Poland or where ever.
MAYBE we are going to get it earlier than expected?
If i saw the new R32 my eyes would of poped out and i would of followed it.

Mr T
25th October 2005, 09:01 AM
If i saw the new R32 my eyes would of poped out and i would of followed it.

hhmmm...I didn't realise the importance of it...but if it was a 6.0L VE Commodore, I'd still be following it ! ! !

SSS_Hoon
25th October 2005, 05:07 PM
glen did it look like this http://www.germancarfans.com/photos.cfm/photoid/3020524.001/pageview/photo/photo/1005/page/1/size/regular/volkswagen/1.html if so then that is the old model.

if like this then its the new model pure sex mmmm

http://www.germancarfans.com/news.cfm/newsid/2050923.007/pageview/photo/photo/Mini15/page/1/volkswagen/1.html

this is so hot i want one right now

some engine specs

3.2-litre displacement, 320 Newton metres and a powerful kick at low-rev ranges

The heart of the new flagship Golf is a four-valve six-cylinder. Its sonorous sound is true to its excellent power development. The engine pushes the Golf forwards from any rev range as if there was no air resistance. Power to weight ratio: 6 kg/hp. Together all cylinders deliver 184 kW / 250 hp (at 6,300 rpm). The 3,189 cm3 V6 produces its maximum torque of 320 Newton metres between 2,500 to 3,000 rpm. The performance of the new Golf R32 is therefore incredible. The five-seater with a top speed of 250 km/h catapults its passengers from nought to 100 km/in just 6.5 seconds. As standard, the engine output is transferred to all four wheels via a manual six-speed gearbox and 4MOTION. Volkswagen offers the new Golf R32 with the DSG direct-shift dual-clutch gearbox as an option. This unique automatic shifts extremely fast and precisely. The DSG version of the Golf R32 can accelerate to 100 km/h three tenths of a second faster, i.e. in 6.2 seconds. The Golf R32 races to the 1,000 metre line in 26.7 seconds with both gearboxes – these figures make this Volkswagen a top-class sports car that will be hard to beat.

SSS_Hoon