PDA

View Full Version : Cables

EL BURITO
18th October 2005, 11:09 PM
I know this is probly the wrong place but it will get more hits and hopfully a quicker answer. Has any one with a Barina/ Corsa C installed a amp in the boot. If so how did you get the cables from the engin bay to the boot. And i also found this conduit thing that came from the engin bay under the RHS rear wheel arch do you know any thin bout that.

JasonGilholme
19th October 2005, 08:32 AM
don't know about that conduit it may contain some cables for your speed sensor or somethin to do with abs if you have it

anyway

in order to get your power cables and such from the engine bay to to the boot you need to find the gromet that sits behind the battery. You can take the glove box out by undoing the two screws at the bottome of the glove box and the other two that are at the top after you open the glove box door.

once those screws are out you just pull the glove box out.

Now you can feed the wire through to the engine bay or vice versa.

http://opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6090

heres a thread to show you what i did with my boot/backseats.

enjoy

EL BURITO
20th October 2005, 01:06 AM
looks good. but i need my back seats i may have a 3 door the back gets used maby once a week. any way how did you hook up the amp to the Factory head unit. I am going to build a enclosure to fit snug in the boot with a 12" and my 6x9 i think and build the amp in to the box under the 6x9s. If you could help Jason or any one else for that matter who has done this to there corsa. I have do disire to replace my head unit i like the controls on my steering wheel and the head unit works beter than any other HU i have put into other cars that i have owned or worked on.

JasonGilholme
20th October 2005, 06:12 PM
the only way you can connect a sub to the factory head unit in a corsa is to use a high level converter. This HLC taps into your rear speakers signal and and converts to the right voltage for the amplifier to handle. I think i picked up a fusion one for about 20 bucks but im sure you could find it cheaper somewhere else.

As for helpin out im on the other side of the country so i can't have any hands on help but i'll help you with the design as much as possible. If you pm me your email adress i'll add you to msn or somethin and we can chat about it. I'll show you some pictures of mine half done so that you can get an idea of how to do yours. It's possible to use the same design as mine but on a smaller scale.

Cheers

Jason

EL BURITO
22nd October 2005, 08:39 PM
well deigning this is enclosure to put my sub in in hard i keep getting idears but i then i think it wont work. the size constraints are 97 cm by 36 cm by 35 cm. and i want to get my sub and amp in the box seperated. i will keep trying to draw somthin