PDA

View Full Version : Wheels

EL BURITO
18th October 2005, 12:41 AM
once again i have wheel questions. Ok here it is I have alloy 15's on my car at the moment if i was to go to 16's likee on the SRI could my onborde computer be adjusted to allow for correct spedo info.

R3N
18th October 2005, 01:15 AM
as long as you get the correct rolling radius (ie. lower profile tyres) the speedo shouldn't need correcting no matter what size rims you go up to

JakeSRIT
18th October 2005, 02:13 AM
yeah as r3n said

if the rolling diameter of the 16s is the same as your old 15s, you will not need to adjust the speedo.

EL BURITO
18th October 2005, 08:49 PM
Ok but wat i wantto know how my spedo be adjusted if i change my wheels. My idear was to get ither 15 or 16s but i dont want low profiles, any idear of what wheels would look good. I now i want black ones but that is it so far,

R3N
18th October 2005, 09:12 PM
prolly need to take it up to Holden for them to hook it up to the tech2, might cost you for that too. Easier just to get low profiles

MiksOpel
18th October 2005, 09:46 PM
Will you be allowed to insure or register your car ?

EL BURITO
18th October 2005, 11:16 PM
dont think it would be a prob. but i dont do any thing if it is going to mess with my warranty there for i reserch am idears befor they are carried out. I would probly be better off geting 15's then i would not need to change any thing on the computor the cars got holden 15 alloys on it at the moment. There is a girl with a MY 05 3door REG POD so i might go ask her shes got Rims see wat she did.

JasonGilholme
19th October 2005, 08:14 AM
mate if your only going up one inch in your wheel size the tyres are not gonna be that low profile. its gonna save you alot of time and money just to get the tyres that come with the newer bigger wheels.

EL BURITO
16th November 2005, 07:35 PM
figured this was easyer than starting a new thread. i have done some more reserch on new wheels. The ones i like are called Blast by CSA they are currently on run out so they are $125 ea. And they are in black plattanum. these are similar.
http://www.csaalloywheels.com.au/popup.asp?mImg=mag_predator.jpg

The other option is the powder coat costing $30 a wheel. (this shop is in Osbour park) They are able to match the colour of my alloys to a simlar colour of my paint.

Still havent dissided yet. got the information today but leaning towards to powder coat.