PDA

View Full Version : Holden Website: Barina Sedan!!!! Get Excited People!!!!!

Red AH SRI T
17th October 2005, 04:06 PM
http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/jsp/popups/barina.jsp?useraccessmode=success

btm
17th October 2005, 04:12 PM
so early 2006 means nov/dev 06??? :D

pred8r
17th October 2005, 06:28 PM
'sets benchmark for value' - We at holden get to fleece you while giving you the crap WE want you to have.

R3N
17th October 2005, 06:42 PM
that is disgusting!

Has anyone seen the new range of korean-sourced Holdens? The rear badge on those looks like it came off my steering wheel

CJB
17th October 2005, 06:55 PM
When you say 'Barina' the last thing that comes to mind is a sedan, so it will take some time to get use to.

I already miss the Opel range, and they are still being sold :(

BassyAstra
17th October 2005, 07:56 PM
Yeah Im Excited So Excited That Im Saving Up All My Gollies In A Glass Bottle And When It Comes Out Im Going To Peg It On The Sedan.

Red AH SRI T
17th October 2005, 09:01 PM
yeah if anyone is thinking of gettin a current model barina, get n quick because there aint many left, we already cant get any black ones

however if ur after a Vectra Sedan the only colour u can have now is black, still plenty of hatches left though!!

CJB
17th October 2005, 09:30 PM
yeah if anyone is thinking of gettin a current model barina, get n quick because there aint many left, we already cant get any black ones

however if ur after a Vectra Sedan the only colour u can have now is black, still plenty of hatches left though!!
I heard there was a shortage on the black models. So they are selling out hey? Is that because people know about the new one coming - EVEN THOUGH IT'S $1000 cheaper? Now that says it all doesn't it....

BassyAstra
17th October 2005, 10:08 PM

My sister is after one when she gets her P's in 2 months.
Not black though.

EL BURITO
18th October 2005, 12:19 AM
Well i know were you can still get a black one in WA. That sidan is a POS it may have worked in the US but we are not in the US a small car is ment to look like a small car so for hevens sake. Holden has there head in the clouds As well the sidan in the US was opel soursed any way Just solve the problem GM should open Opel in AUS and stop sellin Dawoos in AUS or bring back the badge. I dont like Korean C R A P

Desty
18th October 2005, 06:20 AM
Sorry, but that's just farken ugly...

btm
18th October 2005, 08:16 AM
My sister is after one when she gets her P's in 2 months.
Not black though.

Why didn't you save Mr 5 door for her?

JasonGilholme
18th October 2005, 08:33 AM
does this mean that you will still be able to get the opel sourced hatch as well as the korean sourced sedan??? if so that should be alright still. as long as theres still an opel in the line up theres still a chance of some descent cars comin over.

Red AH SRI T
18th October 2005, 08:56 AM
The current opel sourced barina is on run-out, once they are all gone thats it, only barinas we will have will be daewoo ones

BassyAstra
18th October 2005, 12:06 PM
Why didn't you save Mr 5 door for her?
hehehehehe, mr 5 door, ahh those days.

Nah we didnt because its to big for a girl on P's.

The current opel sourced barina is on run-out, once they are all gone thats it, only barinas we will have will be daewoo ones
Does runout mean you can get a even better price? Are they 2004 built?

CJB
18th October 2005, 12:16 PM
Yeah, I don't know if it's different in NSW, but the yokal Holden dealer here as the Barina advertised as a run out, as they all do, but it's $13,990 - and I got mine last year for $13,490 on one of those specials.. so obviously they are really running them out and not dropping the price because they are getting so many deals - OR Holden are just being pricks.

I think it's a case of what Abe Simspon said in the Simspons "A little from column A and a little from column B"

Will there be two Barina's in the yards if there are leftovers? Like the Opel Barina and the Daewoo Barina? Or will they actually be all gone by then?

rjastra
18th October 2005, 12:27 PM
That sidan is a POS it may have worked in the US but we are not in the US a small car is ment to look like a small car .........

To all you guys.... go have a look at it in the FLESH before passing comments.

Neither the new Barina or the Viva are bad cars... and for the money you pay they are pretty good.

To put things into quite clear perspective.

My sister purchased a Mazda 121 in 1990 for $15500. With no a/c, ps etc etc.
The equivalent Barina would now cost her about the same amount with all the luxuries.

Adjusted to today's dollars it would be equivalent to her buying a 121 in 1990 for about $8000.

The new Barina is stunning value for money and has the largest engine in the class (1.6l DOHC).

If you don't want one ... then don't buy one :)

It was interesting to see that the time that the Opel based Barina sales increased was when Holden dropped the price and de-specced it (drum rear brakes, 14 inch steel wheels etc etc). It clearly tells you that people want value for money in this class. It doesn't have to be the best drive or best looking car.

Holden will sell heaps of them and therefore will also be able to sell cars like the NEW Astra.

Did anyone noticed that Daewoo seems to be able to supply a much nicer range of colours than Opel - lol

Red AH SRI T
18th October 2005, 03:16 PM
Did anyone noticed that Daewoo seems to be able to supply a much nicer range of colours than Opel - lol

Yeah if u like Canary Yellow and that horrible copper pinkish colour :p

CJB
18th October 2005, 03:24 PM
I thought Opel were doing ok with colours... the only colour I noticed that was missing was green. But the earlier XC Barina's came in green and burgundy and I don't think they looked very nice.

That Atlantis blue is horrible though.

BassyAstra
18th October 2005, 04:23 PM
Astra G came in green for a bit.
I would bet my life that the opels paint quality is twice as good as the daewoos.

btm
18th October 2005, 04:39 PM
I would bet my life that the opels paint quality is twice as good as the daewoos.
If not twice... then at least one and half :D

CJB
18th October 2005, 04:52 PM
I registered for info on the barina sedan :)

Yeah Opels don't seem big on the green colour anymore..

btm
18th October 2005, 05:03 PM
it wasn't the nicest colour in the world

RapidSRi
18th October 2005, 05:46 PM
it would look good on the daewooaus site, but it aint no opel

Red AH SRI T
19th October 2005, 03:48 PM
I registered for info on the barina sedan :)

Yeah Opels don't seem big on the green colour anymore..

green just sin't the in colour in cars at the moment, u cant even buy a green commodore

hardly an cars come in green at this time

As for Bassy asking if they were 2004 built, i know we have one or two 2005 builds but they are mid 05 compliance and yeah for a while we will end up having both Barina's next to each other, just like having Astra classic and Viva next to each other.

CJB
19th October 2005, 03:52 PM
That would be interesting to see - having two barina's side by side, the newer one cheaper and to see what people went for.

Green was very much the colour to have only a few years ago!!! Now it's black. But I wouldn't get any other colour now that I have been black.

Red AH SRI T
19th October 2005, 04:08 PM
once u have been black u wont go back!

CJB
19th October 2005, 04:24 PM
once u have been black u wont go back!
It's true. I have been with my black car for 12 months and I am loving every minute of it :p That's a lot of minutes to be loving the car!

What engine is the Barina using? A Daewoo one or a Holden one?

btm
19th October 2005, 04:44 PM
It's true. I have been with my black car for 12 months and I am loving every minute of it :p That's a lot of minutes to be loving the car!
525,600 minutes to be exact...

CJB
19th October 2005, 04:45 PM
525,600 minutes to be exact...
Either you are really smart :p or have a lot of free time on your hands... ha ha

oneightoo
19th October 2005, 05:15 PM
i'd put it down to "free" time..

rjastra
20th October 2005, 08:53 AM

I think its the 1.6L 16V engine that is built here by holden. 75Kw or something.

Its probably why the car(s) are cheap. Both have engines that originate from here.

pred8r
20th October 2005, 10:27 AM
if it was from here it wouldnt be cheap :)

Although thats what the engine plant at fishermens bend was making for EXPORT (probably to be installed then sent back at 2x the price)

Red AH SRI T
20th October 2005, 06:15 PM

a holden engine

CJB
20th October 2005, 07:04 PM
So maybe then the new Barina won't be so bad after all....

pred8r
20th October 2005, 07:29 PM
It was being manufactured/supplied by Holden, at the (specifically for this) new purpose built plant expansion, at Fishermans Bend BEFORE Daewoo went belly up.

But WHOs' designs GMH worked from, no idea. If it was designed by daewoo and built by holden doesnt necessarily mean its good. (Im sure DaVinci could've carved, a perfectly realistic looking dog turd, out of marble).

rjastra
20th October 2005, 09:24 PM
It was being manufactured/supplied by Holden, at the (specifically for this) new purpose built plant expansion, at Fishermans Bend BEFORE Daewoo went belly up.

But WHOs' designs GMH worked from, no idea. If it was designed by daewoo and built by holden doesnt necessarily mean its good. (Im sure DaVinci could've carved, a perfectly realistic looking dog turd, out of marble).

It's an Opel engine design. Family 1 engine.

dug74
21st October 2005, 01:46 PM
Correct..but its actually the Family II Series of engines in both the Viva and Barinalos. They are built in Australia from a daewoo design and based on the opel engines.

In other words...same sorta engine but a few things added or deleted.

Mr T
21st October 2005, 03:21 PM
so early 2006 means nov/dev 06??? :D

Even Better....

But hang on, Holden in the past have made us wait for the good stuff...so maybe this one will come early...

EL BURITO
23rd October 2005, 11:09 PM
Correct..but its actually the Family II Series of engines in both the Viva and Barinalos. They are built in Australia from a daewoo design and based on the opel engines.

In other words...same sorta engine but a few things added or deleted.

so its a friday avo car