PDA

View Full Version : Hsv Vxr Is Coming!!!!

zoidberg
13th October 2005, 10:24 AM
I work in the motor trade and some work mates are at the Motor Show Trade day.

IT OFFICIAL....the Astra VXR is coming to Australia in the 1st half of next year. It will be a limited release HSV but they havn't said how many there will be.

On other news, awhile ago ford said that the New focus ST (5cyl Turbo) has been "shelved" for the time being. Thats now changed and taken it off the shelf, it WILL be coming to aus and will be called a Focus XR5. They have also confirmed that it will be EXTREMELY well priced.

Some real hot hatch's are finally coming to aus!!

Bernard Siong
13th October 2005, 10:27 AM
but will they be able to beat wrxs in stock form? hahaha
i want a new cult car

btm
13th October 2005, 10:57 AM
they didnt hint any prices did they...?

BassyAstra
13th October 2005, 11:28 AM
Did they get any pics?
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA
http://www.hsv.com.au/news/2005/vxr.html
CLICK ON A PICTURE AND ALL THE INFO COMES UP.

btm
13th October 2005, 11:35 AM
that's it.... its settled... i'm getting one!

BassyAstra
13th October 2005, 11:45 AM
I will be so jelous of you all driving VxRs!!!
Especially you btm. ;)

oneightoo
13th October 2005, 01:15 PM
176kw
0-100 in 6.2 seconds
better power to weight ratio than a wrx

thats in stock form..

*droooooollllsssss*

Namus
13th October 2005, 01:22 PM
at least ONE person off here better get one..

oneightoo
13th October 2005, 01:24 PM
i really dont myself being able to afford one.. not when i'm trying to save anyway.. but i wanna see one dammit!!!

oh and i might be getting a calibra soon too..

zoidberg
13th October 2005, 02:17 PM
Being under the age of 25 its virtually impossible for me to get insurance for this car simple because its badged as a HSV....However, HSV website says priced around 43k, the pricing of the normal astra sri turbo is looking better and better :)

R3N
13th October 2005, 03:10 PM
I'll have two thanks!

Red AH SRI T
13th October 2005, 03:57 PM
I'm under 25 and when i looked at purchasing a RenaultSport Megane 225 Turbo my insurance was going to be about $1800 a year, so hopefully when the VXR come out it will be simililar

IM GETTIN ME A VXR!!!

R3N
13th October 2005, 04:04 PM
Well I do hope we get full leather! and a km/h instrument cluster...

oh btw, looks like we're gettin 19" as standard~!~!

btm
13th October 2005, 04:07 PM
IM GETTIN ME A VXR!!!

and you're going to get me a discount :p

BassyAstra
13th October 2005, 04:10 PM
And a discount for me for my love, i need the hbd body kit.:D

zoidberg
13th October 2005, 04:12 PM
1800 bucks, not bad........but as far as I know even Just Car Insurance wont insure ANY HSV's for under 25's regardless

R3N
13th October 2005, 04:15 PM
I'm not sure if I'm VXR enough though :(

Red AH SRI T
13th October 2005, 04:17 PM
I'm not sure if I'm VXR enough though :(

well piss off then :p

Red AH SRI T
13th October 2005, 04:19 PM
1800 bucks, not bad........but as far as I know even Just Car Insurance wont insure ANY HSV's for under 25's regardless

that quote was with AAMI and only cause i have a perfect driving record, and i reckon the VXR will get around the usual insurance company bull$hit because its not a commonwhore

BassyAstra
13th October 2005, 04:22 PM
well piss off then :p
hahahahhahha R3Nnnn

lowey22
13th October 2005, 04:53 PM
oh dear. and i was happy with my astra...

$43K seems quite cheap. wanted to get something like that (european s-charged or turbo) for my next car.

Red AH SRI T
13th October 2005, 04:55 PM
well buy one!!!!

Maybe we should pool together and buy one for the club, and each member gets it for a week :p

Shaun
13th October 2005, 04:57 PM
im interested. If they come with a Import Number in Australia.

KEEVERS
13th October 2005, 05:08 PM
hey all

specs and pricing are as follows

$43000 est.

176kw
320nm
0-100km/h in 6.0seconds-proven.

why buy a clubsport?

est import amount of 1500 units (if opel/vauxhall agree)

this info is reliable

imay
13th October 2005, 05:20 PM
I'm gonna be really, really tempted if it does come in at $43k . . . but I just can't believe that figure. I still reckon closer to $50k with on-roads.

And has been mentioned . . . then you have to insure it . . . after you have actually found an insurance co. that will give you cover. Going to be hard enough (and expensive enough) for us oldies.

Still . . . I'll wait and see it in the flesh.

Red AH SRI T
13th October 2005, 05:21 PM
If the car is $42990 plus on roads that means it comes to $46000 on road

very cheap indeed

180HOA
13th October 2005, 05:38 PM
HSV's own website says $43k...

Which is bang-on the price of the Renaultsort Megane 225 - which in terms of spec would probably be about the closest thing to the VXR...

Shaun
13th October 2005, 05:43 PM
Its a sign of things changing at HSV. HSV are renowned for the HSV Cars but this will the best thing since they started importing cars to the UK.

Shaun
13th October 2005, 05:45 PM
hey all

specs and pricing are as follows

$43000 est.

176kw
320nm
0-100km/h in 6.0seconds-proven.

why buy a clubsport?

est import amount of 1500 units (if opel/vauxhall agree)

this info is reliable
Is the Est per year or in total.??

180HOA
13th October 2005, 05:47 PM
1500 a year I imagine would be quite a bit for a $43k hatch... How many TS SRiT's did they sell?

oneightoo
13th October 2005, 05:49 PM
yeah but look at the VXR, it looks better, it's faster, it comes standard with 19's.. it's the bees knees of hot hatch..

as paris hilton would say..

it's so hot right now..

180HOA
13th October 2005, 05:54 PM
Yeah but the VXR is also the best part of $10,000 dearer than the SRiT was... Also some stiff competition in terms of the Renault and the WRX, where as there really wasn't anything quite like the TS SRiT at the time...

KID_SRi
13th October 2005, 05:56 PM
I might buy one, Just I still aint a Fan of the Rear Window.
But Crikey its a Sexy Looking Rocket :)

oneightoo
13th October 2005, 05:59 PM
i was going to buy the TS SRiT when i came out but decided to go with the standard SRi mainy because it was $8k cheaper and for $8k it wasnt a majorly different car, and what i mean by that is, it wasnt a massive increase in power for that amount of money, and thats really the only difference, apart from leather interior and few other bits and pieces..

but the VXR is a whole new body, has larger rims, more power, whole new interior, it's basically a whole new car.. it's hsv badge alone may (or may not) attract more people too it, as people associate hsv with the performance end of holden.. it'd be seen as more of a performance car than the TS SRiT..

180HOA
13th October 2005, 06:05 PM
Just on that point, I had an SRiT. Had never driven an NA SRi till after I'd had the SRiT for about a year, and I thought the NA version felt like a shopping trolley by comparison. You can't compare them on paper. IMHO the T was worth every cent of the extra $8k.

And I agree with everyone that the VXR would be a damn fine car, but its in a very very niche market - I'll be impressed if they sell 1500 a year.

oneightoo
13th October 2005, 06:08 PM
i agree, the T definatley feels a lot better to drive.. but still when someone comes in looking to get a new car, they look pretty much the same, they see the turbo at $8k more test drive it, love it, look at the NA, $8k less test drive it, it still handles brilliantly love it, but like the turbo slightly more.. theres not a lot in it to average buyers..

tho, if i had the extra $8k i would have snatched up the turbo for sure..

and if they sell 1500 VXR's in a year than i'll audition for the vienna boys choir.. that will be quite a feat if they pull it off..

R3N
13th October 2005, 06:40 PM
I seriously doubt the vxr would push $50k! especially when the closest competitor is the Golf GTi, which starts at a mere $39,990 without leather etc, 17s and such and such.

The VXR would no doubt get alot of interest if Holden does their marketing right, not pulling it off as an Aussie built car, they need the general public to know its roots that in fact it is a true European car.

I know some people who are turned off by the fact that its a Holden, keeping the VXR/OPC badge would be a good idea IMO.

Black_AH you meanie, let me know when the VXR brochures come out yea?

SSRI
13th October 2005, 08:04 PM
hi guys, i have a pair of slim vic rego plate "VXR" white writing on Black background FOR SALE. Make me an offer if anyone is interested. Email me on [email protected]

Nem
13th October 2005, 08:47 PM
1500 a year I imagine would be quite a bit for a $43k hatch... How many TS SRiT's did they sell?
All of them! :D

Shaun
14th October 2005, 12:55 AM
I think the car will actually push the car into the Market in a Big way. People Asscoicate HSV with Profromance and i think the younger market will embrace it in . I know for one i would buy it over a WRX on the looks factor. The car looks mean and more aggresive then a WRX dose. Even my current SRi Turbo looks More Aggressive then a WRX. The body of the car looks like a HSV . Its aggressive and looks the part and fits in with the other models.

The HSV Astra VXR is priced right at around 43k if the come to Australia.

I see no reason the car wont sell in Australia

Namus
14th October 2005, 04:51 AM

lol; we should start a thread: Mass Order and Group Discount for HSV VXR...lol

aussie_in_london
14th October 2005, 07:29 AM
over here we are quiet keen to see if the VXR name will stay or if its a marketing ploy while the "concept" model being a vxl sits at the Sydney motor show. Does not sound right to be honest a Holden Special Vehicle Vauxhal Racing Astra, drop the VXR and brand it just as HSV Astra (VXR Astra UK & OPC Astra EU)

Gildo
14th October 2005, 08:39 AM
its still the same 2.0L turbo engine, just with a powerchip.......
correct me if im worng.

aussie_in_london
14th October 2005, 09:19 AM
may look the same but thats it
bit more than a chip im affraid ,
in the engine code is a Lotus code
that will give u abit of an idea that
not many are aware of

zoidberg
14th October 2005, 10:09 AM
$43000 certainly is not a steep price IMO, this price of course is without on roads.
Look at the Golf GTI, EVERYTHING worth while isn't standard. By the time you get leather, Xenons, 18's your looking at 45k PLUS ON ROADS!

The differences between normal Turbo and VXR are
Bigger turbo
Different manifolds
much larger FMIC
Much bigger seats
Descent body kit
Lotus Suspension (normal Astra dosn't feature this anymore)
322mm front rotors and 278 rear (i think)
--*interesting to see if normal SRI T will have the 308mm brake kit*--

Shaun
14th October 2005, 10:20 AM
i like the idea of HSV VXR Name. HSV Astra sounds good too.

VXR makes it sound Sporty

btm
14th October 2005, 10:22 AM
$43K is a great price i reckon - great bang for your bucks

Shaun
14th October 2005, 10:57 AM
HSV cant go wrong with it. WRX has had its day in sun. Sure the WRX is quicker due to awd setup but when it comes down to it some people want to stand out of the crowd. HSV VXR offers that and it opens doors to new markets for them.

BassyAstra
14th October 2005, 11:06 AM
How much petrol does it use and how big is the fuel tank on this astra beast.

Red AH SRI T
14th October 2005, 11:56 AM
I say drop the astra name and just call the the HSV VXR

no one in aus knows what VXR stands for

R3N
14th October 2005, 12:05 PM

NO ONE? I do!

And, our German friends certainly knows what VXR is, its wanker when pronounced in German! fowicksairr means wanker apparently, according to my German friend anyway.

Bring on the HSV Wanker I say!

BassyAstra
14th October 2005, 12:50 PM
R3Nhttp://img239.imageshack.us/img239/1159/036005061414006hf.jpg

oneightoo
14th October 2005, 01:52 PM
ooohhhh someone get me a rag..

btm
14th October 2005, 01:59 PM
ooohhhh someone get me a rag..

too late...

R3N
14th October 2005, 02:12 PM
bassyhttp://members.iinet.net.au/~kuekwei/hsvastra.jpg

btm
14th October 2005, 02:14 PM
aahaaha! nice work r3n

Red AH SRI T
14th October 2005, 02:16 PM
bassyhttp://members.iinet.net.au/~kuekwei/hsvastra.jpg

ROFLMFAO! thats too funny!

astro boy
14th October 2005, 02:22 PM

Yes. Spot on.

astro boy
14th October 2005, 02:24 PM
HSV cant go wrong with it. WRX has had its day in sun. Sure the WRX is quicker due to awd setup but when it comes down to it some people want to stand out of the crowd. HSV VXR offers that and it opens doors to new markets for them.
As was pointed out by one of my wrx buddies. Its one V short of a WRX.

Red AH SRI T
14th October 2005, 02:27 PM
Actually its a V in front :P

(put two V's next to each other and u get W VV <----- SEE!!!)

BassyAstra
14th October 2005, 04:56 PM
bassyhttp://members.iinet.net.au/%7Ekuekwei/hsvastra.jpg
You never cease to amaze me.:D

YOU CAN NOW DOWNLOAD THE HSV VXR VIDEO: http://www.hsv.com.au/vxr/video/hsv_vxr.zip (http://www.hsv.com.au/vxr/video/hsv_vxr.zip)
http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/8794/hsv2tj.jpg

Namus
14th October 2005, 05:45 PM
lol @ r3n and bassy...should be good watever they call it

aussie_in_london
14th October 2005, 06:01 PM
$43000 certainly is not a steep price IMO, this price of course is without on roads.
Look at the Golf GTI, EVERYTHING worth while isn't standard. By the time you get leather, Xenons, 18's your looking at 45k PLUS ON ROADS!

The differences between normal Turbo and VXR are
Bigger turbo
Different manifolds
much larger FMIC
Much bigger seats
Descent body kit
Lotus Suspension (normal Astra dosn't feature this anymore)
322mm front rotors and 278 rear (i think)
--*interesting to see if normal SRI T will have the 308mm brake kit*--

We all thought the same on the engine, believed it was the uprated turbo, injections system, ecu and manifolds but after spending a day with the VXR brands managers back in July i found out the engine was developed by Lotus
from bottom up but keeping it in line with vxl styling, this was a trade off for
vxl giving Lotus the VXR220 2.0L T engine to go into the new Lotus Elise replacing the crap toyota engine it had struggled with for some time.
Chassie and suspension is Lotus but the ids+ system they stayed away from and disagreed with OPC in utilising it, hence it standard on OPC models and a option for VXR (recommended if opting for the 19's).

180HOA
14th October 2005, 06:01 PM
Does anyone else think HSV may have an image handicap when it comes to selling this thing? I'm just curious, because when I think HSV the thoughts that come to my mind are kinda crude, too much weight, and a little bit naff - and then there's the cars... <kidding>

The VXR really is the antithesis of the cars HSV have been building for, well, ever (except for a couple of dodgy deviations).

I'm sure they'll get past it in time if they make a real commitment to broadening their appeal - just curious about what others think?

BassyAstra
14th October 2005, 06:16 PM
How much as HSV actually but into this car though.

NOTHING, literally:
3 badges, front & back, one on the steering wheel.
4 wheels caps.

There was speculation earlier in the year about them doing something to the engine.
I guess all will be revealed tomorrow for those motor show goers, sunday for me.

aussie_in_london
14th October 2005, 06:25 PM
There was speculation earlier in the year about them doing something to the engine.
I guess all will be revealed tomorrow for those motor show goers, sunday for me.

yeah they removed the griffin badge of the rocker cover and left the VXR badge lol

aussie_in_london
14th October 2005, 06:29 PM
[QUOTE=BassyAstra]How much as HSV actually but into this car though.

NOTHING, literally:
3 badges, front & back, one on the steering wheel.
4 wheels caps.
QUOTE]

no different to what vauxhall did with the monaro except slap some griffin badges on and the VXR logo on the back and brake callipers. They did leave the HSV complience plate on with vxr monaro printed, possibly do the same for you guys on the astra.

I like the HSV badging to be honest

Shaun
14th October 2005, 06:37 PM
I think the HSV Badging on the car is something that is a draw card to me. And i for one if i buy one wont be rebadging it as an Opel or Vauxhall. Specially if we get an Import Number on them. Better resale .

aussie_in_london
14th October 2005, 06:53 PM
i agree with you Shaun stick with the HSV badging mate

Shaun
14th October 2005, 11:05 PM
Some one on team opel has said they would rebadge it an OPC.
Each to there own but HSV is known here. Everyone keeps asking me what OPC and the Flash means on my SRi T .

aussie_in_london
15th October 2005, 03:19 AM
the opel badge does nothing for me and as you said each to their own,
VXR branding has a better ring to it than OPC as does HSV.

The Sentinel
15th October 2005, 03:53 AM
I wonder how much this would cost to insure for those of us OVER 25... hmmm..

I was seriously considering getting the new SRiT when it comes out but well after seeing this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shaun
16th October 2005, 07:14 PM
HSV Spec Brakes and 19 Inch rims will be STANDARD on the HSV VXR if they come to Australia. Spoke a HSV rep at the show tonight and she said feeback has been positive.

Shaun
17th October 2005, 12:06 AM
Edit: Was ment to have a picture in the post but didnt work.

astra_city
18th October 2005, 11:11 AM
I contacted a HSV dealer in Perth about the VXR the other day. I don't have the email on this computer, but he said that they will be in showrooms early 2006 and that they had already taken 2 orders at that dealership.

btm
18th October 2005, 11:18 AM
i cant see the VXR being out before the T...

Shaun
18th October 2005, 01:39 PM
Would suprise me if it is. HSV would love to have one up on Holden for a change.

The VXR looks HOTTER then the SRi T.

btm
18th October 2005, 01:49 PM
The VXR looks HOTTER then the SRi T.

it sure does !

astra_city
18th October 2005, 03:58 PM

I doubt it too, I'm just quoting what the email said. This is the exact email - I received it this Monday.

Hi Simon,

The Astra VXR will be available in early '06 with City Motors already
holding deposits for orders for 2 customers at present. If you would like
to place an order as well please feel free to contact me on the numbers
below.

BassyAstra
18th October 2005, 04:20 PM
I rekon those deposits would be people in the industry.
And gee, some people are very eager, already.

Shaun
18th October 2005, 04:44 PM
Just prove to me how popular this car is going to be. May not be the next cult car like the WRX but the car will sell . HSV is a brand assciated with Proformance and the VXR meets its Core Values.

BassyAstra
18th October 2005, 05:21 PM
Your going to disneyland? Thats a bit odd?

oneightoo
18th October 2005, 05:22 PM
dinnylan

DINNYLAN!!

btm
18th October 2005, 05:24 PM
i loved disneyland.... had a blast

BassyAstra
18th October 2005, 05:26 PM
Strange strange people.

Shaun
18th October 2005, 06:15 PM
whats disneyland got to do with the HSV VXR????

And yes im going to Disneyland Vegas and the Grand Caynon.

The VXR runs about 1.4 bar of boost which is equals 20 pound of boost. (Figures quoted from a UK forum.)

R3N
18th October 2005, 08:30 PM
I doubt it too, I'm just quoting what the email said. This is the exact email - I received it this Monday.

Hi Simon,

The Astra VXR will be available in early '06 with City Motors already
holding deposits for orders for 2 customers at present. If you would like
to place an order as well please feel free to contact me on the numbers
below.

Probably was me when I called up and said "I'll have 2 VXRs thanks"

And Bassy, wtf are you on? whatever it is you're on get off it, if you're not on anything, I recommend you start popping some pills, see if that works.

BassyAstra
18th October 2005, 09:37 PM
And Bassy, wtf are you on? whatever it is you're on get off it, if you're not on anything, I recommend you start popping some pills, see if that works.
Whats this?:confused:

Shaun
19th October 2005, 12:59 AM
I rekon those deposits would be people in the industry.
And gee, some people are very eager, already.
People that are eager to put a deposit on a car that hasnt been realise are what make cars like this added to a manifacturers line up.

For example the responce after Holden put the commodore coupe at the motorshow. 4 years down the track it was a production model and the name was what everyone was saying it should be called.

BassyAstra
19th October 2005, 01:09 AM
People that are eager to put a deposit on a car that hasnt been realise are what make cars like this added to a manifacturers line up.

For example the responce after Holden put the commodore coupe at the motorshow. 4 years down the track it was a production model and the name was what everyone was saying it should be called.
I see your point.
I would also wonder how many deposits have been taken in NSW, especially from the Motor Show.

Shaun
19th October 2005, 05:39 PM
I am keen to drive one when they come to australia. I think i will e-mail HSV and see if they have a test drive day somewhere in the country. I will fly interstate need be.

BassyAstra
19th October 2005, 10:11 PM
I am keen to drive one when they come to australia. I think i will e-mail HSV and see if they have a test drive day somewhere in the country. I will fly interstate need be.
Your very keen.:eek:

btm
20th October 2005, 08:41 AM
not sure if i'd fly interstate.... but i would definitley drive to the far ends of sydney....

aussie_in_london
20th October 2005, 10:30 PM
[QUOTE=Shaun
The VXR runs about 1.4 bar of boost which is equals 20 pound of boost. (Figures quoted from a UK forum.)[/QUOTE]

my figures hey Shaun lol
not bad that hey approx 20 pounds

Shaun
20th October 2005, 11:36 PM
my figures hey Shaun lol
not bad that hey approx 20 pounds

Shhhh ... hehe 20 Pounds of boost is awesome...

BassyAstra
20th October 2005, 11:43 PM
Shhhh ... hehe 20 Pounds of boost is awesome...
Interesting.

http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/6606/pirateshlong8vx.jpg

btm
21st October 2005, 08:13 AM
where do you find that crap bassy :)

that is wronger than wrong!!

BassyAstra
21st October 2005, 11:39 AM
bahahahahhahahaha
i found it on another forum

oneightoo
21st October 2005, 12:23 PM
personal collection methinks..

Shaun
21st October 2005, 06:39 PM
strange picture to post up in a forum about a Hot hatch.

aussie_in_london
21st October 2005, 10:21 PM
bassy is there something your trying to tell us mate
come out with it lol

Shaun
23rd October 2005, 01:26 AM
I went to the motorshow again tonight and was lucky enough to get an up close look of the inside of the HSV VXR. Took some pics but was unable to sit in the car.

A lot of interest has been shown in the VXR.

An offical announcement should me made by HSV before the end of the year.

aussie_in_london
24th October 2005, 07:24 AM
well you will be happy to know Shaun the recaros are comfortable, supportive
and do the job well when it counts most.

btm
24th October 2005, 08:03 AM
good to see we're back on topic.... no more of those pics thanks bassy!! :)

BassyAstra
24th October 2005, 01:15 PM
good to see we're back on topic.... no more of those pics thanks bassy!! :)
Ill try my best to hold my urges.

Shaun
27th October 2005, 11:32 PM
Some Interesting Information from www.vxrs.co.uk

Thank to Aussie In London from here who was sent this information from the Brand Manager @ Vauxhall VXR.

"Astra OPC has done an 8 min 38sec round the rIng.... in the wet! Apparently it was foggy on some stages as well. I've got the dvd coming and we may release on the website if good quality.

German Magazine Figures Sport Auto

At Hockenhiem short circuit , Astra 1 18.3 , Golf R32 1 18,4 and BMW 130i 1 19,8

0 -100km/h Astra 6.7 , Golf 6.4 BMW 6.2

100k - 0 Astra 35.6m Golf 37.3 m BMW 34.9m

Overall scrores BMW and Astra 42 out of 50 , Golf 36"

Looks like Opel / Vauxhall have achieved what the set out to do.

Red AH SRI T
28th October 2005, 07:19 AM
im sure i just read that somewhere else :P