PDA

View Full Version : Astra H Coupe/GTC w/ bodykit at Holden Dealer

R3N
12th October 2005, 01:46 AM
Went to have a look at the new coupe the other night and spotted this beauty. I want the turbo one now!

http://members.iinet.net.au/~kuekwei/GTC/gtc1.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~kuekwei/GTC/gtc2.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~kuekwei/GTC/gtc3.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~kuekwei/GTC/gtc4.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~kuekwei/GTC/gtc5.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~kuekwei/GTC/gtc6.jpg

Apologies for the pic quality, they were taken from my camera phone (didnt set it to 1mp either)... at 3am in the morning (don't ask me what I was doing at a dealer at 3am)

Dave
12th October 2005, 05:13 AM
nothing sus i hope

aussie_in_london
12th October 2005, 07:51 AM
now thats the first sports hatch i have seen in white
actually havent seen a white in 5 door either
but looks good with the kit, just wait until you guys get the SRi T

btm
12th October 2005, 08:37 AM
hot hot hot - i want one!

Gildo
12th October 2005, 09:02 AM
now thats the first sports hatch i have seen in white
actually havent seen one in 5 door either
but looks good with the kit, just wait until you guys get the SRi T

we have also never seen the 5 door, as that is the 2 door.

but yeh that car looks great.

Bassy GO AND GET THE KIT!!!!

aussie_in_london
12th October 2005, 09:22 AM
classed as a 3 door
and the colour was my meaning

Bernard Siong
12th October 2005, 09:32 AM
wow
im impressed

3am at a dealer haha
eager beaver

b00e
12th October 2005, 09:48 AM
That is awesome --- very nice.

I want one ...

BassyAstra
12th October 2005, 09:54 AM
Bahhh ohhhh R3N, never use a camera PHONE !!
hehehe.
Gildo, ILL GET THE KIT!
WHen i have the cash.

R3N
12th October 2005, 12:21 PM
Bahhh ohhhh R3N, never use a camera PHONE !!
hehehe.
Gildo, ILL GET THE KIT!
WHen i have the cash.

Walking around with my 6MP dSLR at a dealer's at 3am in the morning would definitely get me arrested for questioning.

No doubt it's hot. I want the turbo in white!

btm
12th October 2005, 12:37 PM
I want the turbo in white!

i never thought the astra looked good in white - but now that I have seen those pics i love it

definitely needs the body kit for an astra to look good in white

BassyAstra
12th October 2005, 02:00 PM
Walking around with my 6MP dSLR at a dealer's at 3am in the morning would definitely get me arrested for questioning.

No doubt it's hot. I want the turbo in white!
Hahahah.:rolleyes:
There was no security guard there?

BassyAstra
12th October 2005, 02:09 PM
i never thought the astra looked good in white - but now that I have seen those pics i love it

definitely needs the body kit for an astra to look good in white
This one has been colour coded to the SHI/T !
http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/8403/31858788ew.jpg

FlySri
12th October 2005, 02:10 PM
I want one!!
What more can be said!!

aussie_in_london
12th October 2005, 04:54 PM
This one has been colour coded to the SHI/T !
http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/8403/31858788ew.jpg

to much white
looks like its been in a blizzard lol
the sports hatch is finished off just nicely

NUTTTR
12th October 2005, 04:59 PM
It's beginning to grow on me (the new astra) with that kit and that low.... i like the look!!

I want a VXR here :D And then i'll chuck coilovers on it and go LOW :)

BassyAstra
12th October 2005, 05:21 PM
It's beginning to grow on me (the new astra) with that kit and that low.... i like the look!!

Woah, it would be so low youll scrape going over a snail.

Aussie, i reckon that sort of colour coding would be nice on another colour, except for the front area where the foglights are supposed to go.

aussie_in_london
12th October 2005, 06:11 PM
i agree with you there bassy but for white replace the fog light grille with the air intakes and leave the grille black to brake it up just a bit
the sports hatch in white isnt to overpowering with the top and bottom grille in black

180HOA
12th October 2005, 07:46 PM
to much white
looks like its been in a blizzard lol
the sports hatch is finished off just nicely

I actually don't mind it... I always thought that with all the big black grilles on the front that the nose of the AH looked a bit like the back of a fridge...

R3N
12th October 2005, 07:48 PM
Just been back from the dealer's

Sales guy told me to expect the SRiT to be around $35,990 and to be out in Jan.

Btw, the white one is $33k driveaway.

Got more pics btw (with my 4MP P&S cam), will upload them later

BassyAstra
12th October 2005, 08:29 PM
Just been back from the dealer's

Sales guy told me to expect the SRiT to be around $35,990 and to be out in Jan.

Btw, the white one is $33k driveaway.

Got more pics btw (with my 4MP P&S cam), will upload them later
POST POST POST, IM HORNY.

Red AH SRI T
12th October 2005, 08:42 PM
Can u find out if the body kit is original HBD or if it is a talon kit or something else?

R3N
12th October 2005, 09:01 PM
The guy said it was a HBD bodykit, which is a lie, they have the same extensions as Vaux and same as the one the turbo is getting here. It's the same as the Opel Astra GTC turbo one too, cept in the UK, they don't get it as standard, its optioned.

Don't like how it's not Holden's design but they say it is anyway. The 18s are HBD alloys too :|

Definitely not talon.

BassyAstra
12th October 2005, 10:17 PM
The pics on the holden website before the astras were officially on sale had wheels with opel badges center caps on them, you had to zoom in heaps though.

R3N
12th October 2005, 10:27 PM
The pics on the holden website before the astras were officially on sale had wheels with opel badges center caps on them, you had to zoom in heaps though.

Was it a half-assed holdenisation?

BassyAstra
12th October 2005, 11:41 PM
Was it a half-assed holdenisation?
What else ?:D

EL BURITO
13th October 2005, 12:01 AM
Is that coup the CD or the CDX.
I like it though but if i got the kit when i up-griad i would have to get a lift i cant drive a car that close to the road. looks cool though

R3N
13th October 2005, 12:14 AM
CDX (this post is too short)

R3N
13th October 2005, 12:16 AM

Doesn't the VXR have some sort of suspension set up (IDS?) that doesn't allow changing of springs?

BassyAstra
13th October 2005, 01:40 AM
Doesn't the VXR have some sort of suspension set up (IDS?) that doesn't allow changing of springs?
I belive thats an upgrade?

Whats your real name.

aussie_in_london
13th October 2005, 06:04 AM
IDS+ is standard on the OPC but is only recommended on the VXR if opting for the 19's. The standard UK chassie and suspension on the VXR is tuned by Lotus this is not the case for the OPC model. Lotus and VXR don't recommend the 19's as the chassie was designed by Lotus with the 18's prior to the 19's becoming available as an option, they believe it compromises the optimal handling charactoristics set up by Lotus, now who can argue with that lol This information i was given by the people in the know Stu Harris VXR brand manager.

Red AH SRI T
13th October 2005, 07:34 AM
The guy said it was a HBD bodykit, which is a lie, they have the same extensions as Vaux and same as the one the turbo is getting here. It's the same as the Opel Astra GTC turbo one too, cept in the UK, they don't get it as standard, its optioned.

Don't like how it's not Holden's design but they say it is anyway. The 18s are HBD alloys too :|

Definitely not talon.

Holden By Design doesn't mean Holden has designed it themselves. Its just a fancy name given to a range of accessories to make them sound more appealing, such as spoilers, wheels, interior kits **** like that.

So yes, that car does have a HBD body kit on it

R3N
16th October 2005, 01:10 AM
As promised, better quality pics:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~kuekwei/GTC/gtcwhite.jpg

and the black one

http://members.iinet.net.au/~kuekwei/GTC/gtcblack1.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~kuekwei/GTC/gtcblack2.jpg

I'm lovin those rims on the black one

BassyAstra
16th October 2005, 01:55 AM
What the hell rimz are they, im sure they would be cheaper than HBD, i want them????
NICE PICS.

aussie_in_london
16th October 2005, 03:32 AM
the sports hatch looks great in white
im impressed, just showed the wife
and now it looks like black may be
a thing of the past as the white really
shows off the lines and curves of the
sports hatch more so than black

blackSRi
17th October 2005, 12:51 PM
Were your pics down at Youngs' REN? I like the black car, with the rims from the white vehicle - size difference - are they both 18's? Young's love popping on alternate rims on vehicles...

Anyone know if foggies will be standard on the Turbo? (or can you get them as an accessory to the current 3-door? shame the 3door is only 1.8 and not 2.2)

btm
17th October 2005, 12:57 PM
the sports hatch looks great in white
im impressed, just showed the wife
and now it looks like black may be
a thing of the past as the white really
shows off the lines and curves of the
sports hatch more so than black

definitely agree - white over black - looks great

BassyAstra
17th October 2005, 01:32 PM
Silver over white!

btm
17th October 2005, 01:34 PM
Silver over white!
yes sir bassy :)

R3N
17th October 2005, 02:50 PM
Silver over white!

Lightning silver over star

blackSRi, I did take those pics at Young's, I notice they put aftermarket rims on their cars on display as well... I like the multi spoke rims, they both look like 18s to me though from the pics

The fog lights come standard on the SRiT, I think they can be added as an option, might be mistaken though.

I had an interesting conversation with one of the sales guys, he reckons those are driving lights, if this is true then in actual fact they can be used together with your mains as they are designed to be on all times during the day in most parts of Europe so others can see your car better. Not sure how it performs in the fog, but not like we actually experience much fog over here during normal times of the day.

zoidberg
17th October 2005, 02:58 PM
H&R have said that they now make lowered springs that are 100% compatible with the IDS+ system

blackSRi
17th October 2005, 03:40 PM
Lightning silver over star

blackSRi, I did take those pics at Young's, I notice they put aftermarket rims on their cars on display as well... I like the multi spoke rims, they both look like 18s to me though from the pics

The fog lights come standard on the SRiT, I think they can be added as an option, might be mistaken though.

I had an interesting conversation with one of the sales guys, he reckons those are driving lights, if this is true then in actual fact they can be used together with your mains as they are designed to be on all times during the day in most parts of Europe so others can see your car better. Not sure how it performs in the fog, but not like we actually experience much fog over here during normal times of the day.

Yeah, thought I recognised the Suzuki sign and the powerlines on Albany Hwy, Young's are like 2 blocks away from me...my mate used to own the tyre store next door, supplied their aftermarket rims - now his shops is part of the extended Young's Holden showroom building.

Which chap was that?

If the fogs are those on the Vauxhall they are fog lamps not driving - but then again, Holden might change them to suit...like the driving lamps on the Commodore....I think I have used my SRi fogs about 4 times since 2002.

What was that someone said about IDS+??? Ever going to appear in Oz?

R3N
17th October 2005, 06:32 PM
Yeah, thought I recognised the Sukuki sign and the powerlines on Albany Hwy, Young's are like 2 blocks away from me...my mate used to own the tyre store next door, supplied their aftermarket rims - now his shops is part of the extended Young's Holden showroom building.

Which chap was that?

If the fogs are those on the Vauxhall they are fog lamps not driving - but then again, Holden might change them to suit...like the driving lamps on the Commodore....I think I have used my SRi fogs about 4 times since 2002.

What was that someone said about IDS+??? Ever going to appear in Oz?

And the Nissan sign as well! Twas a new guy, was having a chat with him the other day. I can't believe they swapped the indicators on the Coupes, if they're swapping stuff to suit the Aus markets then they could very well be driving lights. Are you holding out for the SRiT mate?

BassyAstra
17th October 2005, 08:02 PM
H&R have said that they now make lowered springs that are 100% compatible with the IDS+ system
Well thats the 1st ive heard, great news.

R3N, Lightning all the way.:D
And are u sure the Turbo is coming in Lightning.

blackSRi
17th October 2005, 09:07 PM
I popped in today after work, a chap I have spoken too there before talked to me about prices etc.
1. That white one with the HBD alloys and kit - around $34,500 - similar to the SRi Turbo expected price ($34,990) - thats one expensive body kit - $2500 and alloys @$2500,
2. Tigra same price as Turbo!!! geez my gf won't be getting one then...
3. All those alloys are 18" (RSA or CSA sold by MURPHYS TYREPOWER, in WELSHPOOL),
4. The Black one you photographed has already sold!! (next black CDX is expected in Jan!!)
5. SRiT is expected still in Jan - pre-orders expected in Feb....

Well, I still have hope of getting a T, I am sick of the time to wait for a Zetec Focus or Sportivo Corolla...(Jan too), plus ya gotta do one good car in your life I guess....lol

R3N
17th October 2005, 10:23 PM
Would that be Steve by any chance?

Yea the black one was a customer's car, was sitting in the parking waiting to be picked up when I saw it.

I like your taste in cars ;)

If they keep their word and bring it on in Jan that would be awesome, but Jan 06 just for a black CDX coupe? They really do sell that good huh!

EL BURITO
17th October 2005, 11:37 PM
they seem to like to do small mods them self i got my barina from there. The five door i was lookin at before the 3 door had been lowered a fare bit and had different holden rims. looked cool but i disided the 3 door looked better.

BassyAstra
18th October 2005, 01:16 AM
I popped in today after work, a chap I have spoken too there before talked to me about prices etc.
1. That white one with the HBD alloys and kit - around $34,500 - similar to the SRi Turbo expected price ($34,990) - thats one expensive body kit - $2500 and alloys @$2500,
2. Tigra same price as Turbo!!! geez my gf won't be getting one then...
3. All those alloys are 18" (RSA or CSA sold by MURPHYS TYREPOWER, in WELSHPOOL),
4. The Black one you photographed has already sold!! (next black CDX is expected in Jan!!)
5. SRiT is expected still in Jan - pre-orders expected in Feb....

Well, I still have hope of getting a T, I am sick of the time to wait for a Zetec Focus or Sportivo Corolla...(Jan too), plus ya gotta do one good car in your life I guess....lol

Are the ones on the black CSA OCTANE - http://www.wheels.com.au/popup.asp?mImg=mag_octane.jpg
Or are they the one on the top right : http://www.murphystyrepower.com.au/content/alt.html

IF so they only go up to 17", are the ones on the black 18 R3N ?

Also what center caps are they using?

And what tyres, are they the same tyres as the ones on the HBD white H?

R3N
18th October 2005, 01:57 AM
I'm pretty sure they were 18s, not sure about the tyres though, but they were a 5-stud multifit type.

Deffo not the CSA Octanes

blackSRi
18th October 2005, 10:59 AM
I think they were the ALT AT 159 - there was another Astra there with the 169 alloys (i.e less spokes) so they might have been 17"s...? (Steve wasn't sure - I think he said he was Steve)..

BassyAstra
18th October 2005, 11:59 AM
FOUND EM, PAGE TWO http://www.murphystyrepower.com.au/content/alt2.html

The AT 188 they go up to 18". They are hottt, i have to get these.

FUnny though from murphys site, hes showing the 2000 range, quite old.

WHen i got to http://altwheels.com.au/products.jsp

Looks like they dont make them anymore.

R3N, what center caps?

blackSRi
18th October 2005, 12:50 PM
Your Murphy's is in Nowra? In WA our's is in Welshpool.
Young's like to move aftermarket alloys through on new Astras (G and H) with HBD bodykits - they were doing 3-door Astra G's as Coupe's - alloys, body kit and silver sticker called Coupe - it was CSA alloys the last couple of years.

R3N
18th October 2005, 08:28 PM
What centre caps?

I'd have to say that 17s look small on the H, 18s make it look right

Damn, I want those rims... no... must resist temptation! buy VXR!

BassyAstra
18th October 2005, 09:38 PM
What centre caps?

I'd have to say that 17s look small on the H, 18s make it look right

Damn, I want those rims... no... must resist temptation! buy VXR!
As in the center caps of the Astra H coupe with the after market 18's on.
Are they holden caps?

R3N
18th October 2005, 10:19 PM
nope nope
nope

nicecar
18th October 2005, 11:04 PM
wow we all do live close!!
Youngs is 5 mins away and minutes from my work. Get my car services there. Will have o check out those Astras next time I go past and consider the aftermarket wheels for my convertible (if I change one day!)

R3N
18th October 2005, 11:21 PM
I get my car serviced at Young's too. Got my car from there as well

EL BURITO
18th October 2005, 11:27 PM
youngs is $$$$$ though. When i was gettin the 15000km service done on the barina it cost $340 wen i rang askin for a price took it into Clarkson and they did it for $200 I also rang another dealer and they said $390. Good sales man though even if i did now more about the car than he oviosly did. (that was kinda funny when i ask a question)

blackSRi
19th October 2005, 11:05 AM
Yes, Youngs isn't cheap, my mate paid a pretty penny for this brake discs on his auto AstraG, and 2 services - last service he went to City Motors as I suggested and paid 1/3 - 1/2 less (he bought his car from Youngs as they were local and close for services).
I get my services at Metros Morley (part of the Fleet deal package etc) and they are in the mid bracket. Cars via Youngs aren't cheap, Gardner is cheaper, but they are players and tricky - the best I had prices (on a AstraG Turbo) was from City - they are the biggest Holden dealer in Perth and are good on price negotiations...