EL BURITO
11th October 2005, 11:36 PM
any one painted there brake calapers

JakeSRIT
12th October 2005, 01:09 AM
yeah i have

easy as pie man

took the wheels off, papered up the wheel well and discs,

painted the front and sides of the them.

http://opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6488&highlight=chrome+blingin

go to pic 2169 its a good pic of em,

same paint as the car

thind out a bit tho so the brakes do not heat up 2 much

Namus
12th October 2005, 07:47 PM
yeah painted mine gold; pends what colour the car is...

RapidSRi
12th October 2005, 08:08 PM
Calipers always look good RED!! easy to do but to do a good job its best to clean em up well and apply more than one coat of paint. I did mine with a very slight fade from orange to deep red.

Best paint for the job is VHT caliper paint in Racing Red

Namus
12th October 2005, 08:09 PM
EVERY car has red...looks dull and boring..get something different

Bernard Siong
12th October 2005, 08:29 PM
EVERY car has red...looks dull and boring..get something different

aggreed

its nicer to see new colours

RapidSRi
12th October 2005, 08:34 PM
red - dull , huh

low astra
12th October 2005, 08:50 PM
i was doing mine red tomorow, ahh well, what other colour???? nah red like brembos

Namus
13th October 2005, 01:19 PM
brembos are gold as well

EL BURITO
13th October 2005, 06:30 PM
i was going to do them Blue. I have a black car the blue would match my interior lighting. and the leds i wanna order.

RapidSRi
13th October 2005, 06:36 PM
had blue on my mazda, looked good. it would go well with black car definately!

seen someone with bright pink calipers which was hilarious, i think someone here had pink too

EL BURITO
13th October 2005, 06:43 PM
that dose sound funny. i did see some thin today that was funny. Some one in Joodalup had done up there Dawoo Matiz with mags body kit paited calipors and flmes down the side if gave us all a good laugh

EL BURITO
13th October 2005, 06:44 PM
but any way. blue sounds good

CateO
13th October 2005, 07:27 PM
When I got my new wheels, they sprayed mine black .. if I had my choice they would've been pink .. mmm .. pink ... don't know WHAT would go with my car tho...

Clint
13th October 2005, 08:10 PM
mine are black, as well as everything else in the wheel arches (springs etc) and everything under the car from about half way back. not sure why, im guessing one of the past owners did it cause i know they dont come like that

R3N
13th October 2005, 08:54 PM
mine are black, as well as everything else in the wheel arches (springs etc) and everything under the car from about half way back. not sure why, im guessing one of the past owners did it cause i know they dont come like that

It's just dirty Clint

Namus
14th October 2005, 04:46 AM
i like under ur username R3N..."i'm better than bassy"...

nice lol

Clint
15th October 2005, 02:59 PM
hey come on i try to wash my car every week lol:)

EL BURITO
16th October 2005, 10:44 PM
ok i did it my Front one are done and i will do the others tomorrow after work. I think they look good.

Bernard Siong
16th October 2005, 11:06 PM
i think it was kapu that had pink

i think thats cool a girl with pink brake calipers!
very girly
and she had a nice pink theme with badges and all that

EL BURITO
18th October 2005, 12:36 AM
All done all four are blue it is suttle but looks good.

JakeSRIT
18th October 2005, 02:14 AM
post up some pics when u get the chance man

EL BURITO
18th October 2005, 08:52 PM
trying but having problems

pred8r
18th October 2005, 10:23 PM
Opel painted mine :)

CateO
7th December 2005, 12:40 PM
I am in a bit of a dither about my calipers.
When I got my wheels, they painted the calipers black (without ASKING). That was all well and good. I went thro a car wash Sunday night (touch free, majorly high pressured) and upon closer inspection whilst using the trusty chamois, my calipers are now dodgy AS! They are black/silver patchy ugly nasty EWW!

Can anyone suggest a new colour to go with the 'Ultra Blue'. I don't want to look ridiculos ... but ... anything would be better than 'patchy'.

Ta

mr_sikma
7th December 2005, 12:55 PM
gold and blue always looks good.

well it works with the wrx's!!!

CateO
7th December 2005, 02:34 PM
Gold, Blue, and Chrome !!! *ponders* I think I'll let the Rexy's do that !
I put gold wheels up to my car when purchasing some, they were HORRID absolutely WRONG! Thanks anyway. I want pink, but that doesn't go either.

Dee
7th December 2005, 02:40 PM
i think it was kapu that had pink

i think thats cool a girl with pink brake calipers!
very girly
and she had a nice pink theme with badges and all that
Kupu did paint her calipers pink. they look great, behind her front badge was a pink piece of mesh too.

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7960/img06986ga.jpg
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1181/img04765nq.jpg

unfortunately in both pictures, the spoke is covering most of the calipers, but i think you get the idea

CateO
7th December 2005, 03:01 PM
ohhhh PINK *squeals*I WANT I WANT -- maybe less barbie .. shall see

One other stupid blonde question ... I obviously must take black paint off first.... what product is suggested for this ???

R3N
7th December 2005, 07:48 PM
ohhhh PINK *squeals*I WANT I WANT -- maybe less barbie .. shall see

One other stupid blonde question ... I obviously must take black paint off first.... what product is suggested for this ???

Ken wouldn't approve Cate

CateO
7th December 2005, 10:02 PM
Dont Worry R3N .. have discussed with Ken (freaky, it's my Dads name) and we have decided that its best we stick to something reasonable. Going to get it done same colour as the car, from the place I got my wheels, for FREE!!!! hehe SUCKERS!!! (will probably happen again now)...

Personally I didn't feel like sitting on the ground for hours scrubbing each caliper with solvent ... ehh NO!

EL BURITO
8th December 2005, 03:17 PM
Dont Worry R3N .. have discussed with Ken (freaky, it's my Dads name) and we have decided that its best we stick to something reasonable. Going to get it done same colour as the car, from the place I got my wheels, for FREE!!!! hehe SUCKERS!!! (will probably happen again now)...

Personally I didn't feel like sitting on the ground for hours scrubbing each caliper with solvent ... ehh NO!

But its so much fun. and pink would look so cool. Buy a can and take it with you get them to spay the colour YOU want. High temp paint costs like $15.

CateO
8th December 2005, 04:09 PM
The car's been there all day, and will be picking it up @ 5pm. If they have painted them back to silver, I will lose it completely! I said BLUE DAMMIT!
AND they drove me to work in MY car .. HELLO, USE THE COMPANY CURTOSEY CAR - isn't that what it's for ???

smacke
10th December 2005, 05:38 AM
I've painted my calipers gold, crappy pics with my old alloys but you get the idea :)

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.falcon/smacke/Newest%20Pics/P6050119-vi%5b1%5d.jpg

R3N
10th December 2005, 01:21 PM
loving that... I want to get mine done like that too, only trouble is finding the proper paint, is that gold? or yellow?

smacke
10th December 2005, 07:28 PM
Yeah it's gold mate, in the uk we just use hammerite ect (it's heat resistant metal paint you use for painting metal fences ect ;) )

EL BURITO
11th December 2005, 01:47 AM
loving that... I want to get mine done like that too, only trouble is finding the proper paint, is that gold? or yellow?

REPCO. $15. it says Hight temp Brake Caliper paint.

R3N
11th December 2005, 02:59 AM
REPCO. $15. it says Hight temp Brake Caliper paint.

Yea but I'm looking for gold... they only usually have them in yellow or red or black

smacke
11th December 2005, 03:05 AM
Can you not get Hammerite paint in kangeroo land? :lol:

Heres what a google search brought up :)

Company:Hammerite Products (Australia) Pty LtdAddress:PO Box 863
Nuetral Bay

New South Wales

Phone:00 612 44 93533
Fax:00 612 44 91518Email:[email protected] ([email protected])

EL BURITO
11th December 2005, 03:10 AM
RED, BLUE, SILVER, GOLD, at Repco in Joodalup