PDA

View Full Version : www.carpoint.com.au First review of NEW Barina & Viva

Red AH SRI T
11th October 2005, 10:52 AM
http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/portal/alias__carpointau/tabID__6485/ArticleID__7690/DesktopDefault.aspx

also shows pics of the yellow that the new barina comes in.

basically this is what they said:

WHAT WE LIKED
Good looks, good finish, seemingly good quality
High feature levels
Attractively low prices

NOT SO MUCH

Soft performance
Undistinguished handling
Submissive Korean tyres

CJB
11th October 2005, 10:54 AM
don't like the yellow, or the bronze colour... or the whole car.

CateO
11th October 2005, 11:19 AM
I'm going with YUK EWW VOMITY GOODNESS. ... =end=

Red AH SRI T
11th October 2005, 11:20 AM
LMAO!

ARGGHH about this 10 characters $hit

Red AH SRI T
11th October 2005, 11:36 AM
QUOTE:

So, Barina and Viva are what they are, just average: pleasantly styled, well-equipped and bargain-priced. You get what you pay for. Sparkle not included.

CJB
11th October 2005, 11:39 AM
With the new Barina, the best I can tell that is added to it is the 15" standard rims instead of the 14" - big deal, you get mags on anyways.

Otherwise you basically seem to save yourself $1000, if that, because sometimes Barina's are $13,490 (like when I got mine) to get an uglier car. From what I can tell the engine torque etc isn't that much of an improvement from the current Opel 1.4 engine.

I reckon though the only thing that stands out about the Viva, is the fact that the steering wheel comes toward or away from you as well. Nice :)

Red AH SRI T
11th October 2005, 11:58 AM
The new barina also gets power mirrors and rear power windows on the five door, and the option of ABS on both

and the viva gets 4 airbags as standard which is pretty damn good at that price point

CJB
11th October 2005, 12:11 PM
Well then screw the Astra H I had better just go and get me a new Daewoo Barina then! Or Viva!

Have you had any Viva sales yet, or customers enquiring about the new Barina?

Actually power mirrors is the one thing I really think the current Barina needs badly!

Red AH SRI T
11th October 2005, 12:57 PM
we have sold a few Viva's already, reaction seems to be quiet good, i almost sold one to an old couple on the weekend

that is until i sold them a Vectra Sedan instead :p

we have started telling a few ppl about the new barina, mostly those that we can't get run out model barinas for, but we don't recieve stock until mid november

CJB
11th October 2005, 01:14 PM
we have sold a few Viva's already, reaction seems to be quiet good, i almost sold one to an old couple on the weekend

that is until i sold them a Vectra Sedan instead :p

we have started telling a few ppl about the new barina, mostly those that we can't get run out model barinas for, but we don't recieve stock until mid november

Do you tell them it's the old Daewoo Kalos? What are there thoughts on what they hear/see?

Red AH SRI T
11th October 2005, 02:43 PM
you mean Lacetti :P

The wife loved the Viva, she thought it was an awesome car, then when i showed the husband a CDXi Vectra he fell in love with it, i showed them the CD which was in their price range and they bought it, without driving it too