PDA

View Full Version : badge removal

EL BURITO
9th October 2005, 03:11 PM
When you take the bages off the back of a barina dose it leave a hole.

Gildo
9th October 2005, 06:05 PM
the center holden badge does

EL BURITO
9th October 2005, 07:07 PM
like were is the hole located under the badge

R3N
9th October 2005, 07:30 PM
two holes behind the middle holden emblem... 1 in the the middle and one more diagonal from the middle

EL BURITO
9th October 2005, 10:14 PM
opel flash will it cover these holes when fitted or are the holes unique to holdens. Different holes drilled for barina to corsa

R3N
9th October 2005, 10:28 PM
the opel flash badge WILL cover the holes provided they are for the Corsa/Barina as the off centre hole is for positioning

anicorsa
9th October 2005, 10:29 PM
Yes it will cover it up, they share the same holes. Which are used to line up the badge straight.

EL BURITO
10th October 2005, 05:26 PM
Well i got the badge for the front today and gess wat it is to small. any one got any idears cos i am not ordering any more badges till i know it is the right one. HELP
I did order one for the back though a GM dealer thingy on ebay.

CJB
11th October 2005, 02:04 PM
Well i got the badge for the front today and gess wat it is to small. any one got any idears cos i am not ordering any more badges till i know it is the right one. HELP
I did order one for the back though a GM dealer thingy on ebay.

That's exactly why I didn't get mine through or anything to do with ebay. I know some of the stuff on there is good and everything but I actually wanted and did call the guy himself (yes an international call) and ordered it that way. It may have been an expensive way to do it but at least I didn't have that problem you are now facing.

Can you send it back to where it came from then?

EL BURITO
11th October 2005, 09:43 PM
My mess up so far is not that bad cos it only cost $15. My mates have done worse orderin stuff from Japan for there Lancers. So i can still laugh at them. I need two bages- the Grill and rear my other one fits right. So i might give that Opel dealer in Irland a ring. Or some one of the Dealers in NewCastle (Rels there). I am stumped. Wat did every one do about the front Grill. Like even when you remove the front Lion wat do you do about the plastic lion shape behind?

CJB
11th October 2005, 09:48 PM
My mess up so far is not that bad cos it only cost $15. My mates have done worse orderin stuff from Japan for there Lancers. So i can still laugh at them. I need two bages- the Grill and rear my other one fits right. So i might give that Opel dealer in Irland a ring. Or some one of the Dealers in NewCastle (Rels there). I am stumped. Wat did every one do about the front Grill. Like even when you remove the front Lion wat do you do about the plastic lion shape behind?

Does yours have the chrome grille? because if so... that whole piece comes with the badge, so you just unclip it from the front and put the new piece on, so you don't have that plastic shape problem. You just need super glue with you to help make sure the new chrome piece stays. But don't do what I did and glue your fingers together, ha ha.

I have DG Opels number if you want it?

EL BURITO
11th October 2005, 10:13 PM
do i need to take the front bumper of to get at it or can i reach around from the back.

CJB
11th October 2005, 10:15 PM
do i need to take the front bumper of to get at it or can i reach around from the back.

Nope. I just lifted the bonnet and used a blade screwdriver, because I was impatient, and yeah, you can see the clips from the inside grille bit if you have the bonnet up.

It's actually easy. I thought it would be hard. It was easier to do that then the CORSA Badge

I am looking for their phone number but do you think I can find my Telstra mail when I want it!!! ha ha

If you want to... just do anything to get it off... lol, then once the grille piece/badge come off you will see how it goes :)

EL BURITO
11th October 2005, 10:22 PM
well from your pic i figure i have the same model C as you any way. It sounds like it may take a wile but if i get all the stuff it should be right. Wen you got your bages did you order the 1.4 Corsa badge.

CJB
11th October 2005, 10:24 PM
HA HA I am not too sure. I got the corsa badge to suit... and that's why Alec asked for my VIN number, to make sure he got the right styles etc.

It is easy, it's one of those things that is really hard to describe how to do it, or maybe someone else can do that better then me. I found though once the Holden badge/grille piece was off it all made sense on how to put it together. I am kinda amazed I didn't screw it up! :)

CJB
11th October 2005, 10:32 PM
0011 - that's for a flat rate per minute
or
0018 - that's for a capped rate for 30 min blocks (personally I think the first number will do)

EL BURITO
11th October 2005, 11:29 PM
Sent him an email got adress of one of your other posts see wat he says.