PDA

View Full Version : Chome Blingin

JakeSRIT
7th October 2005, 11:13 AM
Hey guys

Got my wheels today. they look awsome, will look better once it gets lowered on wed. And i paid nuffin for em 2, tyre factory sponsered me to go into auto salon this year. pritty mad hey.

heres some pics

The pics don't bring out the chrome in the wheels but they are shiny as, im not 2 into chrome, but its goin in a qld show so theres gunna be heaps of it

tell me what u think.

shaz
7th October 2005, 11:21 AM
I give them the thumbs up. Nice work dude, looking smick. Good photos to. Good luck at the show

Red AH SRI T
7th October 2005, 11:30 AM
good lookin wheels there!!!!

lowey22
7th October 2005, 11:42 AM
nice. love those wheels. those in chrome don't look too chromey or plasticy (if they are words?), like some mags can. they 17s or 18s?

InsaneAsylum
7th October 2005, 11:43 AM
they look good but i fear these rims are going to become the momo extremes of 10 years ago

b00e
7th October 2005, 11:48 AM
They look really good. Very shmick!!

JakeSRIT
7th October 2005, 11:56 AM
yeah i know ive seen these rims on alot of cars, but i liked em before they became popular.

and for free i cant complain.

they are 18x7.5s by the way

CateO
7th October 2005, 11:57 AM
nice Wheels !!!

JakeSRIT
7th October 2005, 11:59 AM
i got my brake calipars done 2, makes the wheels stand out a bit more

i know someone who is a painter so he got it done for free for me,

took all of 2 hours

Poogene2001
7th October 2005, 12:49 PM
BSA 291's hey? Never seen em in chrome...

Now that every man and his dog has a set, i guess i better start looking at other options!

InsaneAsylum
7th October 2005, 12:57 PM
i actually like ROH chicanes. you can get them made in 5x110 and they are a 3 piece rim. some nice 17x7 on the front and 17x8 on the back would look alright. i haven't seen them on an astra or vectra before either. a lot of ROH rims look average, but i think the chicanes really suit european cars

btm
7th October 2005, 01:23 PM
did you get to keep your old turbo rims...?

Namus
7th October 2005, 04:30 PM
not a fan of chrome; but very nice wheels....

(see what chrome does to you? can't even spell the thread title right lol...)

gaero
7th October 2005, 08:39 PM
BSA 291's hey? Never seen em in chrome...

Now that every man and his dog has a set, i guess i better start looking at other options!

ha ha ... thats what I'm thinking, had mine for a year.

But they are the second best looking wheels on an astra, no1 is the turbo ones

Look'n good jake

Bernard Siong
8th October 2005, 12:23 AM
i actually like ROH chicanes. you can get them made in 5x110 and they are a 3 piece rim. some nice 17x7 on the front and 17x8 on the back would look alright. i haven't seen them on an astra or vectra before either. a lot of ROH rims look average, but i think the chicanes really suit european cars

if you did see that concept on a astra or vectra it would be total RICE as they are both front wheel drive cars

InsaneAsylum
8th October 2005, 04:58 PM
if you did see that concept on a astra or vectra it would be total RICE as they are both front wheel drive cars

take a look at the way europeans modify cars. it's exactly like that. personally I like it and I prefer you refer to it as pasta or cous cous, not rice :D

Alfonzo
8th October 2005, 09:21 PM
Wait a tick - so you take your car to AS for a once off, and you've got a brand spanker set of rims with rubber?

Damn, who did you brown nose to get a deal like that!?!?!

Bernard Siong
8th October 2005, 09:42 PM
take a look at the way europeans modify cars. it's exactly like that. personally I like it and I prefer you refer to it as pasta or cous cous, not rice :D

HAHAHAHA pasta
very pasta indeed!
lol

JakeSRIT
8th October 2005, 09:57 PM
gift of the gab i guess man.

nar just persistence,

they were pritty cool tho, they knew it was a big show so yeah

got suspension from midas 2, thats gettin done on wed