PDA

View Full Version : Neons in footwell

JakeSRIT
7th October 2005, 02:23 AM
hey guys

my new addition to my ride, took all of 10 mins once i worked out how to get the head light switch off.

hooked it up to the head lights so when you turn them on the neons also come on.

nice touch i throught, no messy switches.

what u guys think?

the pics are not that great but u can get the gist of it, its really bright, the camera doesnt do it justice.

clarke376
7th October 2005, 06:47 AM
hi they look good mate

JasonGilholme
7th October 2005, 07:28 AM
so now you have to drive around with them on all the time at night??? that would annoy me a bit. I hooked mine up to the interior light so that when ever you open the doors they come on automatically. Pluss you can turn them on manually the same way as you do the interior light. Whats really cool is they still have that fade effect too!!!

They look cool man

Good work

btm
7th October 2005, 08:17 AM
it does looks good - but i agree with jason... they would annoy me having to be on all the time at night.

are they legal to have on the inside of your car? if not, then you could have a problem during random breath testing stops at night time cause the copper would most definitely see them cause you couldnt turn them off

Namus
7th October 2005, 08:37 AM
so now you have to drive around with them on all the time at night??? that would annoy me a bit. I hooked mine up to the interior light so that when ever you open the doors they come on automatically. Pluss you can turn them on manually the same way as you do the interior light. Whats really cool is they still have that fade effect too!!!

Can you do a 'how-to' on this?

InsaneAsylum
7th October 2005, 08:41 AM
pm no1joey... he knows his stuff when it comes to neons :D

Gildo
7th October 2005, 09:03 AM
looks gr8, floor could do with a vacume tho lol

JasonGilholme
8th October 2005, 12:15 PM
Can you do a 'how-to' on this?

yeah i will but im not pullin my car apart to show you the pictures. ill just do a detailed explaination.

hows that sound?? its dead simple.

Namus
8th October 2005, 02:51 PM
yeah that's cool mate; thanks:)

JakeSRIT
8th October 2005, 07:08 PM
man i can tell ya right now

ok first, pop off the light switch, with a flat head screw driver, not the whole thing, just the switch it has a little insert.

once that is off there is a screw under it, undo that, then pop out the aircon vent there is 2 screws under that. then then whole thing should pop off.

might be an idea to take the cover off the fuse box, makes it easyer to run the wirers, its easy as anyway,

when the switch is off there are two yellow wires (power) and a brown wire, which is earth.

get some wire spice clips, and some male blade terminals. splice either yellow wire because they do the same thing, once the switch hits head lights your neons will come on. splice the earth (brown wire).

next thing is run the wires of the neons, might be a idea to position them where u want. i tryed double sided tape but didnt stick, so get some self tapping screws, you can easy take the foot well top off.

once u have em positions, easy to run them, str8 under the center and up over the pedels on the inside of the foot well top, up past the fuse box and into the hole where the switch was.

then get your blade terminals, crimp them onto the wires of the neons, i put both powers and earths into 1 blade as they dont draw 2 much current,

then plug em into the splice clips. and walla your done

put it all back togeather and maybe 30mins later you have a nice effect.

JasonGilholme
8th October 2005, 08:45 PM
i popped off the cover for the interior light, found where the wires run and just tapped into the positive and negative of that line. That way its runnin on the same fuse as your interior lights and everythin. You shouldn't have to worry about blowin fuses cause im running about 4 neons off that line and nothins blown yet. took a total of 5 minutes to do cause you only have to take off the A Pillar in which the cables run.

Clint
9th October 2005, 11:03 AM
i did pretty much the same thing, but ive got a 3 way switch, when the switch is in the centre the neons are on with the interior light, when its up they are always on, and when down the neons beat with the music. did the same thing in the boot, instead of interior light i used the boot light. for that i had positive on the neons connected to the positive always on going to the headunit and the negative is taken from the interior light/beat controller/back of headunit.

HDTDude
9th October 2005, 11:24 AM
nice, ill post pics of mine...
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/839/barina561su.th.jpg (http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=barina561su.jpg)
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/7162/barina579kg.th.jpg (http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=barina579kg.jpg)

pred8r
9th October 2005, 07:55 PM
whats the green LED under the headlight switch for?

Charlatan
9th October 2005, 08:06 PM
OMG so many rice-boys on this forum. Neons are rubbish.

R3N
9th October 2005, 08:52 PM
I guess they must've lost their Modder's guide to universal modding uniformity which sets out how everyone should or shouldn't mod their car. This has been going on over and over and over again on every single car forum there is.

"OMG that's rice", "neons, they're rice", "look at that car, oh its rice!!"

It's not illegal, its not putting anyone in danger so why shouldn't it be allowed. Modding should be and will always be for the enjoyment and satisfaction of the owner, so don't spoil it for them.

Look, if its not too your tastes then have the leniency to keep any negative comments to yourself. You won't appreciate anyone going up to you on the street and say "hey man, crap car".

If every single person was an uptight wnkr that calls other people's ride rice just because they don't like it. All the damn cars would look the same and defeat the purpose of cosmetic modifications. You don't like how people mod their cars? Grab a tissue and have a cry then build a bridge and get over it cos modding's here to stay!

HDTDude
9th October 2005, 08:53 PM
whats the green LED under the headlight switch for?

thats my fusion sub control

HDTDude
9th October 2005, 08:54 PM
I guess they must've lost their Modder's guide to universal modding uniformity which sets out how everyone should or shouldn't mod their car. This has been going on over and over and over again on every single car forum there is.

"OMG that's rice", "neons, they're rice", "look at that car, oh its rice!!"

It's not illegal, its not putting anyone in danger so why shouldn't it be allowed. Modding should be and will always be for the enjoyment and satisfaction of the owner, so don't spoil it for them.

Look, if its not too your tastes then have the leniency to keep any negative comments to yourself. You won't appreciate anyone going up to you on the street and say "hey man, crap car".

If every single person was an uptight wnkr that calls other people's ride rice just because they don't like it. All the damn cars would look the same and defeat the purpose of cosmetic modifications. You don't like how people mod their cars? Grab a tissue and have a cry then build a bridge and get over it cos modding's here to stay!
i back u there but.... it is actually illegal for neons...

R3N
9th October 2005, 09:08 PM
Not inside...

BMWs have footwell LEDs which have a nice orange glowy effect, they have that same LEDs under their rear view mirror that shines on the console, gear shift and hand brake... at night the cabin has a soft glow that's easy on the eyes and provide much needed illumination, something I'm interested in doing, need to find out what LEDs those are though

Charlatan
9th October 2005, 09:21 PM
Sorry R3N, let me get the hankie out for you. So negative comments arent allowed on this forum??

Well then, they are some damn fine neons, I'm sure the police will agree when they hand you your fines. But seriously, try your "but BMW has them for that soft glow and much needed illumination" line, I'm sure they'll be all ears!

Neons serve no purpose than to make you stand out as a tool. Oops, there I go all negative again ...

EL BURITO
9th October 2005, 09:27 PM
Well they are leagal in WA as long as you don't see the globe from the exterior of the car so they dont startle other drivers. Asked a Cop who came thur drive on Friday.

R3N
9th October 2005, 09:38 PM
Sorry R3N, let me get the hankie out for you. So negative comments arent allowed on this forum??

Well then, they are some damn fine neons, I'm sure the police will agree when they hand you your fines. But seriously, try your "but BMW has them for that soft glow and much needed illumination" line, I'm sure they'll be all ears!

Neons serve no purpose than to make you stand out as a tool. Oops, there I go all negative again ...

I didn't say negative comments aren't allowed, I just said at least have the courteousy not to be say stuff like "neons are rubbish"

JakeSRIT
9th October 2005, 10:18 PM
hey

i dont consider neons in the foot wells as rice, i consider neons under the car rice but hey they still look ok.

i like my neons, i think they add a nice effect, and considering that my car is blue, im not going to put red or white lights under there am i.

i am not into rice either but i like foot well thing, im sure up here in qld that neons are only illegal if you can see them from outside the car, e.g like a neon on the roof to light up the cabin.

i have already been pulled over by 2 cops on the week end for rbt and they never said anything, one of them actully said i like the blue light.

so i guess in some states yeah unless they just didnt have the time to book me.

Charlatan
10th October 2005, 07:20 PM
I didn't say negative comments aren't allowed, I just said at least have the courteousy not to be say stuff like "neons are rubbish"

Thats a personal opinion. I can have that cant I?

Last I'll say on the topic. Each to their own. I wasnt deliberately trying to start sh!t, just found it strange that everyone loves them. I'm not used to these sorts of forums

16vopl
11th October 2005, 01:58 AM
not everyone loves them you twat. how many members here have posted out of the whole database of members?

most of the people who dont like them have kept it to themselves.. because they arnt wnkas

JasonGilholme
11th October 2005, 07:30 AM
well said!!

Charlatan
11th October 2005, 10:39 PM
what u guys think?

I said what I think!

Can someone delete my account, I'm kind of embarrased belonging to this forum these days, the informative posters have all left

16vopl
14th October 2005, 12:47 AM
you are an idiot. all the informative posters left because of idiots like you who keep leaving un-informative posts like the following...

OMG so many rice-boys on this forum. Neons are rubbish.

what a great informative post. thanks for enlightening us with your professional opinion on neons. that should be made a sticky its so helpful...

Mods please do as he asks and delete his account. if thats what it takes to stop him returning then it is for the better. maybe some of the informative posters will start coming back once the wnkas have been filtered out.

JasonGilholme
14th October 2005, 06:56 AM
I totally agree with that. I've had numerous threads that have just turned out to be complete and utter BS because of wnkrs like him. You try to get a straight answer and someone has to put they're hand up and say somethin stupid.

just three things for charlatan:-

1. So your meant to be informative are you??

2. Your post makes you look like a wnkr

3. go and join a daewoo forum. I sure they need your help

Cheers

Jason

PS. The mods should boot him.

Clint
15th October 2005, 02:58 PM
agreed, people should be allowed to have their say or ask a question without getting negative feedback or arguments starting. that is all im goign to say as i dont want to get involved in things