pred8r
5th October 2005, 11:37 PM
www.discountnewcars.com.au

Dammit for $2k more i could have got and NEW 'rina Sri or CDX Astra :(

Hope it helps someone.

Pred8r

Poogene2001
6th October 2005, 02:04 AM
I actually stumbled accross it earlier this week too, although on some models there are no discounts listed. I think its basically the same service as a car broker provides, and they also get a small cut of the sale price.

I think you could do better haggling with the sales staff yourself then that sort of discount offers. I got my AH CDX this year for 23900 on road inc metalic paint and extended warranty. If you deduct the on roads (1500 dealer delivery, 550 rego and plates) then the car itself cost about 21800, which is 700 less than the site's special discount price.

Alfonzo
6th October 2005, 09:09 AM
I actually bought my previous Lancer through this site.

It's not quite like that Poogene2001. What it is, is it's a group of dealers that get together and offer a discounted price. You submit an enquiry regarding a specific model, and the closest dealership that's a member calls you up and arranges a closer look. I could've gone to many other closer Mitsubishi dealerships, but I ended up driving from Redland Bay to Aspley (for those in QLD, you'll know that's a decent distance) for a discounted car. In the end I saved $4k off the RRP price of a Lancer.

I'm sure you could work a discount a different way, but this site is great because it starts you off with a good price, which is good for those who don't like to haggle. (I quite like that bit now, but back then I didn't know what I was doing).

Degen-Astra
6th October 2005, 02:30 PM
Intersting that they have no listing for BMW/Mini and Mercedes.

Alfonzo
6th October 2005, 11:17 PM
The demographic who buy those brands typically aren't going to be asking for the world's best deal.