PDA

View Full Version : Fogs

EL BURITO
3rd October 2005, 05:17 PM
Dose $570+labour sound a bit steep for front fogs for my Barina. Thats wat CLarkson Holden Quoted this mornin.
Any idears

btm
3rd October 2005, 05:19 PM
a little off topic... but you may want to change your signature so you spell opel correctly

R3N
3rd October 2005, 05:37 PM
Dose $570+labour sound a bit steep for front fogs for my Barina. Thats wat CLarkson Holden Quoted this mornin.
Any idears

Yes, steep! Are fogs really worth that much to you? Provided that it's illegal to have them on if there isn't any fog (bookable offence). You're best bet is ebay.

Some examples:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Corsa-C-Nebelscheinwerfer-rechte-Seite-neu_W0QQitemZ8004363755QQcategoryZ65231QQssPageNam eZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Corsa-C-Nebelscheinwerfer-linke-Seite-neu_W0QQitemZ8004445451QQcategoryZ65231QQssPageNam eZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You're looking at AUD250 including shipping to get them here (shipping is a rough estimate at 45euros for insured parcel) and probably another $100 to get an auto electrician to hook em up. Which works out cheaper if you insist on getting factory items.

EL BURITO
3rd October 2005, 05:57 PM
i drive along waneroo road several nights a week in the very early hours of the morning there are no other cars on the road and the amount of roos seems to increase as it gets warmer.

If you can get done for it then how come when you turn on the lights on some commodors theres come on with the head lights

low astra
3rd October 2005, 06:40 PM
the dont just come on there on a separate switch, that is linked 2 the headlighs and acuatly work indepently of the headlight, but usuall need the parker on,

would u be better using a upgraded bulb in you standard headlight, try the ones by philips called crystal vision, there deer and a little illegal but who cares about that, ive been questoind about lights but never pined for them,

RapidSRi
3rd October 2005, 06:58 PM
for that sort of money you could get PIAA P3000 fitted, they can be ordered from Autobarn or similiar stores.

P3000 Series
Available In Plasma Ion Driving, Xtreme White Spot, and Plasma Blue Marker
Bulb Type 12V - H3 55watt=110watt Xtreme White spot, and 12V - 168 5watt Plasma Blue marker
Features Black aluminum housing, glass lens, and triple beam system
Kit Includes Two lamps, wiring harness, relay, and switch. 5 7/8" w x 2 1/16" h x 3 3/16" deep

Tri Beam

CJB
3rd October 2005, 07:13 PM
If it's illegal to have them then why do some cars (such as the Nissan Pulsar) come on when you turn the lights on automatically?

It was suggested to me by a few that I just go and get the SRI bumper with the fogs already in them. I never did check prices cos I couldn't be bothered. Either now or never I say, but yeah, that could be an option. But then people will say you are trying to pass the SXI for an SRI.

dug74
3rd October 2005, 08:09 PM
Sorry to inform you all...but the SXI doesnt have the foglamp wiring loom and to get fog lights installed <factory> it will cost about $1200 i have checked.

You need to rewire the whole car with the new loom.

SO yeah....if you want fog lights...you have to go aftermarket.

Also to explain the instant foglights on.... most new cars <mazda 6> have the fog lights switch on the light stalk...and it stays on...so when you switch your headlights on...the foggies auto come on.. simple really. You can switch them off..but ppl choose not too. Also the commodores...have auto lights on and off when you start cars....so same concept.

Cheers
DUG74

EL BURITO
3rd October 2005, 08:44 PM
Thanks.

Well i am not going to go aftermarket cos i have seen them on other cars and they look cheap and dont fit in with the car.

I am going to have to look at those brighter bulbs. And wat i want to do next i am not paying over a grand for lights.:mad: