PDA

View Full Version : Lower car, driveway hell

JakeSRIT
3rd October 2005, 12:21 AM
hey guys

i am gettin my astra T lowered and i have trouble as it is gettin into my driveway without hitting.

i need a bit of steel or something over the gutter to easy the slope a bit, doesnt need to be huge just big enuff for my car, plus a little lip so it sits in the grove between my driveway and the gutter.

i need to know where in brissy is a steel place that could do this cheep as i am low on funds, it shouldnt be hard but need to be thick enuff to handel the weight of my car.

my bro said maybe $20 but i think it will be way more.

any help would be great, and if there is any steel fab guys out there in brissy pvt message me and i might give ya some business.

thanks heaps

jake

P.S

i need it soon so get back to me asap

thanks

NUTTTR
3rd October 2005, 12:36 AM
Check with your council too..... as stupid as it may sound, if someone trips over it, cuts themselves, slips on it when it's wet (steel is bad for that) or ANYTHING related to it happens (like, they use it to smash someone's car on the street, or they throw it through someones house window!) then you could be (more than likely will be) fully liable.... if you bolt it to the road, you may find yourself in trouble with the council or rta or something stupid... Just remember going lower IS a problem! I can only get in/out of "level" driveways, nothing bigger, without scraping...
Aaron

ultrabluesxi
3rd October 2005, 10:01 AM
try reprofiling your drive way hire a jack hammer and a few bags of cement