PDA

View Full Version : Tigra MID/TID in Barina (BIG pic)

pred8r
1st October 2005, 12:32 AM
Seeing that everything else looks the same, Would all the consumption computer thingie be in the display itself? and would it be a straight 'bolt in'?

Clint
1st October 2005, 09:45 AM
yes i think the consumption stuff and all is in the actual unit, if u could get all the right wires to the right places on it i think it would work

BassyAstra
1st October 2005, 11:12 AM
Ahh i think you nead to CDC 40 MP3 head unit.

pred8r
1st October 2005, 08:47 PM
So is the consumption software(?) is in the H/U? or is the H/U used just so there is has a way to display the data?

I would have thought the consumption data comes via the ems/ecu not H/U.

Red AH SRI T
1st October 2005, 09:07 PM
The tigra only shows range in the tank and instant fuel consumption, it does not have the more advanced features that feature in CDX Astra H ect

pred8r
2nd October 2005, 09:33 AM
range in the tank would be nice. Not sure what the other features are, but thats all id be wanting.

NUTTTR
2nd October 2005, 07:54 PM
looks like it's got the cd 30 headunit..... so that means it's "powered" off the headunit, but the info would come from the computer and the fuel tank sensor.... it needs more than just 2 wires though, you'd have to get the right wiring from the engine bay and link it to the ECU (and you'd also have to add the pin to the ecu most likely as the barina doesn't come with the feature).... you'd possibly have a big blank at the top as the new consumption displays are different than the old ones.... (the old ones just show the date when the h/u is off or disconnected... not sure that these do)........
Oh, and the price..... the old (astra G) trip computers sell here for $900+ AUS.... you can get them from the UK for under $200 inc postage and wiring (just the plug on the back of the unit and 20cm of wiring... you'd have to hook it all up yourself)... this unit would be double the price i'd guess.....

However, that said, it may all be a moot point, because in the Astra G's this would be classed as a "GID" (graphical info display) that DOES need the h/u to function as the h/u actually display's all the info on it, it may process it, but without the h/u nothing shows on the display....
Aaron

pred8r
2nd October 2005, 09:39 PM
Would have been nice if it was there from factory but oh well.....not like it would have been hard esp. for a top spec model (but then Australia didnt get the TOP spec corsa, did we? Do I see a cow option?? NO-oo!)

Probably the same reason we wont get the Super go fast OPC stuff here;

Holden Sales logic - Would the consumer pay more for a slower car that uses twice the fuel with all the same features except it has a V8?

They wouldnt, lets scrap the little car and give them what they think we should have at twice the price.

Pred8r

Red AH SRI T
3rd October 2005, 01:43 PM
do u know how few Barina's with leather would be sold here with leather if it were a factory option?

Unfortunatley the class of car the Corsa competes in is australia is almost purely price focused, they dont give a rats a$$ as to whether it has leather, and if someone did want leather then they just have to hand oover about 2 grand and the dealer would get it fitted, probably the same if not cheaper than it would cost from the factory and just as good quality wise

:D

ultim8DTM5
3rd October 2005, 02:20 PM
Could be worse, we could have gotten the 1.0 and 1.2L Corsa instead of the 1.4 and 1.8.

Poms actually call the 1.4 a SRi!!!

Red AH SRI T
3rd October 2005, 02:30 PM
Could be worse, we could have gotten the 1.0 and 1.2L Corsa instead of the 1.4 and 1.8.

Poms actually call the 1.4 a SRi!!!

*vomits and passes out*

Chris R
4th October 2005, 06:27 PM
if its like most of the current canbus gear in those I would say a software switch would have to be flicked and it would work considering most if the data is already on the bus anyway . mind you I would piss that off anyway and whack a nav screen in it.

pred8r
4th October 2005, 07:32 PM
Id agree, pity they didnt make it 'do-able' even if it wasnt a factory option.

Just like a Mobile Phone or car stereo, the hardware is the same just the software wont let you do it.