PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Please!!!

Red AH SRI T
27th September 2005, 11:35 AM
I have a dielema now.

After driving the tigra im in love im so blown away by this little machine its unbelieveable.

Do I

a) Trade in my AH CDX for a new Tigra
b) Wait til the turbo comes out and trade in on that
c) wait and see if the VXR/OPC is bought to oz and then trade in on that
d) stop being stupid and keep the damn H

HELP ME!

BassyAstra
27th September 2005, 11:43 AM
Tigra is a bit girly, im sure the car is unbelievable but unless you put some rimz on it and mod it a bit its femine to me :) .

Id say wait to see if OPC comes but if you get a mad trade in price then get the 1st tigra and by the time holden gets their act together on the OPC then trade again.

I can say for certain that with summer coming up the tigra will be a hot car to be in.

How tall are you, was the height of the car decent?

Btw i just noticed in my 3 door that they took that bloody passenger seat chime out of it, thank god!

CJB
27th September 2005, 11:55 AM
Do what your finances will allow you to do... just make sure if you do get one it's an awesome colour and do it up :)

Red AH SRI T
27th September 2005, 12:31 PM
hmm finances could be a problem, but then again i work in the car game so that can always be fixed hehehehehe

I was thinking either black or red with the optional 17 inch wheels and of course Opel badging.

But how can i loose my lane change indicators and trip computer? i love those things, oh and the six stacker .

The height is fine, im just over six foot and and i had no problem in it.
maybe i should just sell my H, stop taking car allowance and ask for a Tigra as a drive car?

hummmppphhhhh

RapidSRi
27th September 2005, 06:49 PM
if you wait for the opc it will be well worth it but also even more co$tly, but hey

if you see tigra in the metal there is nothin girly about it -now the barina cabrio was girlie!!!!!!!

EL BURITO
30th September 2005, 09:04 PM
When OPC comes out i have read that it is being brought out under the HSV banner the first HSV with out a v8. It will co$t lots

R3N
30th September 2005, 10:09 PM
When OPC comes out i have read that it is being brought out under the HSV banner the first HSV with out a v8. It will co$t lots

I really doubt they would price it too highly IF it ever gets to Oz, think about its direct competition, the VW Golf GTi. The GTi's start at $39,990 (goes up to about $52,740 with options, ex rego, stamp duty, delivery etc). I really can't see it costing more than the Golf GTi with similar specs (eg. transmission, colour, interior).

R3N
30th September 2005, 10:12 PM
hmm finances could be a problem, but then again i work in the car game so that can always be fixed hehehehehe

I was thinking either black or red with the optional 17 inch wheels and of course Opel badging.

But how can i loose my lane change indicators and trip computer? i love those things, oh and the six stacker .

The height is fine, im just over six foot and and i had no problem in it.
maybe i should just sell my H, stop taking car allowance and ask for a Tigra as a drive car?

hummmppphhhhh

Are the indicator stalks on the right now?

BassyAstra
30th September 2005, 10:26 PM
Are the indicator stalks on the right now?
Right......
They take some getting used to.
Not because of the position but adjusting your strength of the up or down motion depending on if you want a constant indicator or a 3 blink lane change indicator.

aussie_in_london
30th September 2005, 10:27 PM
i wasnt overally keen on the Tigra, my wife loves it
checked one out 2 weeks ago, my wife is gonna
go for one early next year, 17's and irmscher body kit.
Im entitled to a 15% military discount but my dealer said he will
better that as i have purchased from him my H SRi and soon to be VXR.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/aussie31/tigrairmscher.jpg

BassyAstra
30th September 2005, 10:28 PM
i wasnt overally keen on the Tigra, my wife loves it
checked one out 2 weeks ago, my wife is gonna
go for one early next year, 17's and irmscher body kit.
Im entitled to a 15% military discount but my dealer said he will
better that as i have purchased from him my H SRi and soon to be VXR.

Sweet aussie.
Did you get my pm about audio?

aussie_in_london
30th September 2005, 10:35 PM
i did mate thank you and then when i went to forward it on we lost stuff of the site and so to did i lose all my pm's
that info mate can you do me a favour and put it up on the H section when you have a chance, was good info.

The Tigra i have now come around to, looks good when irmschered up, thats the way i like it plus upgraded wheels, without doing that not my scene lol

pred8r
1st October 2005, 12:10 AM
HSV did the SV3800 and XU6 so it wont be the first.
I read somewhere that they converted the SB to the cabrio/convertible as well.

Namus
1st October 2005, 10:35 AM
if u want the turbo; be prepared to pay for fuel (obvious)

the tigra will the kit and rims is half-ok; i wouldn't get it myself, but it's a decent runabout sorta car

dug74
2nd October 2005, 06:51 PM
The astra SV1800 and Jackaroo SV3200 were both HSV and were not V8 so it aint the first car.

Also the HSV Astra will be here about July 2006 priced between $45k and $50K yet to be confirmed. Price wont be over $50 due to ppl buying a Clubsport instead, so pricing will be competitive. HSV will be revising the bumpers, bodykit and wheels for a more HSV feel.

I like the Tigra, but it does need a more manly feel. I have been quoted that the Tigra Sports may come down under if the sales of the Tigra go well.

Tigra Sports has leather, 17's <opt 18's> and a meaner bodykit.

Holden are yet to decide whether they will bring the new Astra Convertible when released and they are hoping to run on the sales of the Tigra.

The Vectra has been comfirmed to be run out and will be replaced early next year with <shhhhh> a Daewoo equivalent. (Magnus me thinks)

astralavista
2nd October 2005, 08:22 PM
Back to this man's question...

I say you only live once
New cars like this only come out every now and again
With H's being in short supply pre Xmas

More ....If you really like it .... go for it and not look back.....only to see what you've passed.

Remember there will allways be somethin new to wait for....I reckon these will hold their value and when the Turbo/VRX eventuate you can see how they go then upgrade.

WRT girls car.....bull ....all that means is they will look at it lots and when it comes time to sell you will have a huge market.

Neither is a bad thing.....

Get a good colour and smarten it up with some after market bits.....especially good big rims.

Astralavista

pred8r
2nd October 2005, 10:01 PM
I liked it up until i worked out the market it will be aimed at.

Like the holden lady said T-EE-GRA. By correcting me she inferred that pronouncing it T-Y-GRA (like i did) is just too uncouth masculine ocker....cant have blokes in them 4cyl little soft tops. WE want them in throbbing V8 Yoots, if we wanted 'Blokes' to drive softtops we would have appeased their p-nis envy by producing the Monaro convertible at an exceedingly excessive price.

sorry....got a little worked up about the fact we dont get the new corsa except as a T-EE-GRA, not enough PROFIT for holden, but we can have a daewoo instead. 'Coz its cheap crp, and thats what the consumer wants by buying a 'cheap' car.

Pred8r

P.S. Wonder what the Daewoo Barina SRi will be like? Look out Ariel Atom, your successor has arrived.

Red AH SRI T
3rd October 2005, 01:50 PM
Only thing is though, it is pronounced T-EE-GRA and not T-Y-GRA

CJB
3rd October 2005, 01:52 PM
It reminds me of Integra!

Just get it dude :) :) :) Give yourself a discount too :)

Red AH SRI T
3rd October 2005, 01:58 PM
$30,000 on raod with 17's???

btm
3rd October 2005, 02:00 PM
$30,000 on raod with 17's???

are you serious!! why are you even thinking twice about it..!!??!!

Red AH SRI T
3rd October 2005, 02:09 PM
i wish i could price it like that, i dont think holden staff prices are that genorous

btm
3rd October 2005, 02:16 PM
i thought you were serious for second there....

Red AH SRI T
3rd October 2005, 02:17 PM
i want the drugs your on!!!!

BassyAstra
3rd October 2005, 04:19 PM
i want the drugs your on!!!!
I dont think you want his pixie dust, ive got the good stuff.

Btw btm, howd u like a 1000 horn beeps?

Red AH SRI T
3rd October 2005, 04:21 PM
LMAO @ pixie dust