PDA

View Full Version : Holden Fan in Germany

RapidSRi
25th September 2005, 10:39 PM
I had an unusual customer on ebay who bought my old Holden badges. He drives an Opel Omega and rebadged them Holden, yes Holden. He says he is big Holden fan, and apparently he's not alone over there as he's buying mine for his friends!!

Anyway he sent some pics and the ride is a manacing looking wagon (albeit with a Lion badge)

Vectracious
26th September 2005, 12:39 AM
When I bought my grill and badges in Greece a few months ago - the guy at the Opel dealership was saying that he gets all these people coming in trying to buy Holden Lions and Vauxhall Griffins - but just like the Holden dealerships here dont sell Opel Badging, Opel dealers dont get Holden badging. He even said that he had a Corsa in the lot with full Holden badges including a Barina badge!!!!

JasonGilholme
26th September 2005, 07:50 AM
we should tee up a huge swap with the guy that bought your badges.

BassyAstra
26th September 2005, 10:48 AM
When I bought my grill and badges in Greece a few months ago - the guy at the Opel dealership was saying that he gets all these people coming in trying to buy Holden Lions and Vauxhall Griffins - but just like the Holden dealerships here dont sell Opel Badging, Opel dealers dont get Holden badging. He even said that he had a Corsa in the lot with full Holden badges including a Barina badge!!!!

I belive its possible to get Opel badges from suttons holden dealerships.

The cost though is phenominal!

InsaneAsylum
26th September 2005, 11:03 AM
sik commodore wagon ahahahahahhaha

pete: love your title "legal drug dealer"

RapidSRi
26th September 2005, 05:49 PM
we should tee up a huge swap with the guy that bought your badges.

I'll give Olaf an email an see if he's interested and maybe refer him to opelaus if he's interested. it may be difficult as he knows little english

Where do these people know about Holden, V8 supercars, Wheels magazine, or maybe it's jus that vauxhall has added holden to their VXR range!?!

oneightoo
26th September 2005, 06:02 PM
yeah you probably right their.. they got the maloo, and some monaro's didnt they??

Dee
26th September 2005, 06:14 PM
i have holden badges that will fit a Cosar C if anyone is interested in them

CJB
26th September 2005, 07:49 PM
I don't get it though... why are they rebadging Opels as Holden when they are Opels... we rebadge cos they are Opels at heart.

Not that it's a problem! :)

Alfonzo
26th September 2005, 08:45 PM
lol doesn't surprise me... I joined vvoc.com a bit back and I had a few UK members there offer to buy my Holden ones from me after I said I rebadged with Opel...

Namus
26th September 2005, 09:04 PM
ah well, to each is their own i say

Vectracious
27th September 2005, 01:02 AM
I don't get it though... why are they rebadging Opels as Holden when they are Opels... we rebadge cos they are Opels at heart.

Not that it's a problem! :)

We rebadge to bring them back to original. They re-badge for something different.... Just like you see all the Commode-ore's with Chevy badges around the place....

Bassy, if Suttons sells Opel parts, then its probably the only one in Oz... I've asked several dealerships here in Melbourne, and none can get the parts in....

Insane Asylum: :)

BassyAstra
27th September 2005, 09:53 AM
We rebadge to bring them back to original. They re-badge for something different.... Just like you see all the Commode-ore's with Chevy badges around the place....

Bassy, if Suttons sells Opel parts, then its probably the only one in Oz... I've asked several dealerships here in Melbourne, and none can get the parts in....

Insane Asylum: :)
Ahh ok, the only way i know this is a guy who works there asked me if i got the badges through them and i said no.
Actually i also read somewhere on the forums that they did too.

RapidSRi
27th September 2005, 06:38 PM
yeah you probably right their.. they got the maloo, and some monaro's didnt they??

now that you mention it yep the mnaro is in the vauxhall lineup, i was thinking of the GTS tho which i saw in a uk 'car' issue a few years back, altho its probably wasn't a vxr back then

aussie_in_london
27th September 2005, 08:41 PM
only the monaro is in the vxl line up not the maloo - only one a show demo with VXR graghics splashed all over, vxl will not be importing any into the UK.