PDA

View Full Version : Whats this look like to you?

RapidSRi
25th September 2005, 11:38 AM
Came across the Opel Signum on some site and was suprised how much the Commodore looks like this car! Hmm looks like there was heavy influence in the Holden design department to take styling from this Opel!

joe
25th September 2005, 12:07 PM
to me it dosn't look anything like the holden.

Namus
25th September 2005, 12:58 PM
from that pic, least its got smoother lines and looks not half-bad to me...

Alfonzo
25th September 2005, 02:05 PM
mmm the doors do look very VT/VX/VY/VZ (hahaha, how original are Holden :P), but I'd have to see a bigger pic to be sure.

zoidberg
25th September 2005, 02:52 PM
The VT commodore platform itself was built from scratch, however some design ideas were taken from the Signum.

Although the fuel flaps are interchangable.

Poogene2001
25th September 2005, 04:09 PM
Did somone say Statesman?

Slimcraigie
25th September 2005, 05:04 PM
Dude that is soooooooooo not a Signum, thats the Vauxhall Omega...........

That Signum has the same front as the Vectra C and the back end of a small estate car.................

:p

Red AH SRI T
25th September 2005, 05:40 PM
Thats an Omega, on which the VT commodore was based platform wise and also styling wise, as has every commodore since the VB. They all look like slghtly better/bigger versions of 5yr old Opel designs like the Rekord and the Senator and stuff like that

DirtyHarry
25th September 2005, 07:24 PM
thats right its opel omega. apparently the next commodore is supposed to be all new. without having any opel influence. too bad it wont sell cause of the high petrol prices.

zoidberg
25th September 2005, 09:02 PM
Remeber the Torana at last years motor show, I'd take a guess and say thats what the VE Commodore will look like in some way, minus 20" wheels and massive gaurds.....I thought the torana was very ZV Vectra looking. Plus I've read that the VE sedan will be very hatch.......If that makes sense

If I'm wrong, well the monaro wasn't axed for no reason

But yeah, back to the topic, the Commodore's have always been influenced by the Opels

RapidSRi
25th September 2005, 10:19 PM
this picture is not same as factory build, i think this is a kit that has been retro-fitted but the general shape and doors are similiar to older commondore.

Slimcraigie
25th September 2005, 11:49 PM
Its irmscher'd up, but you'll never see one like that cos only old men drive them here in the UK

JP Dyno
26th September 2005, 08:10 AM
around the time VY was unveiled, wheels magazine (might've been motor actually, im not sure) put a photo of the omega in as an april fools joke saying that its the 'new torana' being tested in the UK.

i pissed myself laughing, it got heaps of people talking.

RapidSRi
26th September 2005, 06:23 PM
around the time VY was unveiled, wheels magazine (might've been motor actually, im not sure) put a photo of the omega in as an april fools joke saying that its the 'new torana' being tested in the UK.

i pissed myself laughing, it got heaps of people talking.

was it pink!!