PDA

View Full Version : The sadest day in my life

oneightoo
20th September 2005, 12:55 PM
Peeps,

I just got back to my desk at work, car less.. Thats right, I finally sold my little SRi.. It's really depressing knowing that when i get home, my little buddy wont be sitting there waiting for me in the garage.. The guy who bought was buying it for his son, who works out in Wagga at a military training camp or something, apparently he is a massive fan of the Opels.. So I left a calling card for this site in the glovebox.. Maybe one day he join up, his dad said he'll do every mod u can think of to this car, so maybe i'll see my little buddy again.. I hope so.. Namus will be happy, now that I wont be trying to get an ad in somewhere to sell my little buddy.. I cant believe how attached to the car I was until I saw it driving away.. Oh well, plenty of other Opels in the sea.. I just hope the car gets the same love that I gave it.. God knows my little buddy deserves it..

If anyone needs me, I'll be at the pub tonight, drowning my sorrows..

Matt

kirssn
20th September 2005, 12:58 PM
you poor thing... but dont worry..... when you head to england, you'll be surrounded by them and you'll be going what the hell was i thinking missing my lil car!!!!! :)

btm
20th September 2005, 01:21 PM
i shed a tear for you mate... I know how sad i'd be if I had to give up my little mobile....

all the best overseas - when do you fly out?

oneightoo
20th September 2005, 01:27 PM
thanks guys.. i leave Aus prolly end of our summer, havent got a confirmed date but most likey may.. was going to go in March/April but decided to go to Thailand first instead..

InsaneAsylum
20th September 2005, 01:42 PM
reminds me of the day my poor little gemini went to the giant car crusher in the skyhttp://forums.melbccr.com/images/smilies/gear_cry2.gif

oneightoo
20th September 2005, 01:45 PM
i feel your pain Insane, I truly do..

CateO
20th September 2005, 03:01 PM
I hear you too !!! Although my old beast was a 'crappy corolla' as most called it, watching it being towed away was the saddest day ... The pain will eventually go away, not sure when (hasn't happened for me yet).

lowey22
20th September 2005, 04:06 PM
chin up tiger, your little buddy will be okay.

Snotty
20th September 2005, 04:43 PM
gotta say man, if that is the saddest day of your life, then you really need a reality check, hate to think how you'll react if you stub your toe or something, it will be like the end of the world....

CJB
20th September 2005, 07:09 PM
I know how ya feel... Yeah when you move to England you can even get the mad looking Corsa D!!! :)

I felt the same when my Barina went, so I bought an identical one... and another one after that. Just can't quite let go....

Namus
21st September 2005, 08:08 AM
Namus will be happy, now that I wont be trying to get an ad in somewhere to sell my little buddy..

2 words (well, maybe 3): HOO-BLOODY-RAY!!!!!!!!!! :cool: :cool: :D :p

pred8r
22nd September 2005, 07:58 PM
I feel for you, I NEVER got over selling my XB coupe and that was over 10 years ago. Kicking myself ever since.

Pred8r

P.s. I bought another a few years back but the melancholy is still there