PDA

View Full Version : To Irmscher... or not to Irmscher?

Poogene2001
16th September 2005, 03:59 PM
I'm sure this has been discussed in the past, but none of the info seems to help...
I recently got an H model Astra and have so far been able to conclude that Irmscher are the best in the business for Opel styling modifications. The 1st one that caught my attention was the grille replacements, in particular item number i38 01 052 (body colour with stell irmscher insert).
Such as this: http://www.lmfvauxhall.com/prodCatalog/default.aspx?prodId=775&deptId=124&catId=&catIndex=&deptIndex=5
Has anyone had any experience with these items (or the other 2)?? How do I go about getting my hands on one (as none of the companies ship to Oz)?? And how do you get it painted to match the colour of the car??!!
So many questions!
Hope someone can help!!

BassyAstra
16th September 2005, 05:37 PM
The send it unpainted. You have to go to a body shop to get it done.
Although that grille might be different and already done for you before.
I want the steinmetz air intakes.
Irmscher is really expensive.
They are actually selling that grill on www.ebay.co.uk search for "astra h" or "astra mk5", much cheaper.

Poogene2001
17th September 2005, 03:38 PM
So no one has any 1st hand experience with Irmscher... or has had any of their parts shipped to oz? :confused:

Gildo
17th September 2005, 04:50 PM
pm slimcraige

imay
17th September 2005, 09:10 PM
Don't deal directly with Irmscher other than for advice. Try Slimcraigie, Dave at Irmscher-Bits, Steve at LMF, red griffin (all in the UK) or good ol' eBay (worldwide).
Irmscher will only accept bank cheque/money transfer which ends up costing you HEAPS in bank fees (at BOTH ends) . . . well, that was my experience anyway! Once bitten, never again!
The above guys will give you great service (I've used them all) and they use Paypal and their postage costs are not astronomincal. And . . . they are all only too eager to help guys in Oz.
Before you go off and buy anything, ask questions of the guys at www.astra-sport.co.uk. They have a heap of knowledge and will advise for and against on the quality of parts BEFORE you invest your hard-earned cash. Again, I'm speaking from experience that I have learned the hard way.
Also, be careful of how much you spend on products you are bringing into the country at one time, as Customs will check up on the goods and charge you an import duty if you go over a set value (not sure of what the current figure is, check with Customs/ATO).

pm me if you want any more information. I've invested in a heap of Irmscher goodies for my G over the past couple of years . . . all of it from o/seas.

Good luck!

Poogene2001
18th September 2005, 12:39 AM
Thanks for the detailed info Imay, will definitely get onto astra-sport.