PDA

View Full Version : Supply issue with new Astra H Models

Red AH SRI T
15th September 2005, 09:44 AM
My gawd this is so ****ing hard.

we are selling Astra wagons and coupes like there is no tomorrow, but in most cases ppl are having to wait until FEB/MARCH 2006!!!!!

I can\t believe Holden has dropped the ball like this.

They have completley underestimated the popularity of these new cars and as a result a lot of customers are cancelling their orders and instead purchasing the inferior opposition because they can get one straight away.

GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER HOLDEN

*ANGRY*

BassyAstra
15th September 2005, 10:09 AM
Wow thats insane.
When i got mine last week it only took a week?
What colours seem to be popular?
Large takes ups of the blue one?
I hate it when you buy a new car and your the only one on the road, especially with p's.
And then a month down the line every person has it.
Especially in the east!!
Every bloody kid is driving the 5 doors.
I better do mine up to be individual.

BTW Are you incontact with the HBD boys?
When i wanted to get the kit for my car the guy we bought the car off told us that they wernt out yet.
The holden website states they are $1093 for the kit which really isnt a 'full body' kit its just a front and rear lip and side skirts.
I am interested in getting it and going elsewhere to get it coloured and installed.
Can you help me?

Red AH SRI T
15th September 2005, 10:56 AM
You want the full HBD bodykit?

---------------------------

i just spoke to my parts manager and they say that they aren't available yet, but i will keep an eye on it for you, ok?

CJB
15th September 2005, 12:10 PM
I've only seen one wagon on the road so far... I guess that's cos everyone is waiting till March 06 right??? ha ha.

BassyAstra
15th September 2005, 12:34 PM
You want the full HBD bodykit?

---------------------------

i just spoke to my parts manager and they say that they aren't available yet, but i will keep an eye on it for you, ok?
Yeah this:
http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/action/modelaccessories?aid=20853&&modelid=26005&bitmask=1

Thanks.
How come it would it be on the site if its not ready?
Did you get delivery of any tigras?

Shaun
15th September 2005, 04:52 PM
its more then likely the have under estimated the supply to sales rate. but Mazda had this problem with the 3 after they realised them. But it also could be a world wide issue. Maybe Opel cant keep up with the demand of astras Required to there makets over all. I believe the OPC/ VXR is a almost a 6 month wait .

aussie_in_london
15th September 2005, 07:06 PM
My VXR order went in on the 20th June, my original delivery date was the 14th Oct, it is now the 28th Nov and could move again.
My H SRi goes to its new owner next weekend, luckly for me my dealer has given me a 04 1.2 corsa life to get around in until my delivery, its handy seeing winter is just upon us over her in the UK. go the 1.2 lol

Shaun
15th September 2005, 07:18 PM
My VXR order went in on the 20th June, my original delivery date was the 14th Oct, it is now the 28th Nov and could move again.
My H SRi goes to its new owner next weekend, luckly for me my dea;er has given me a 04 1.2 corsa life to get around in until my delivery, its handy seeing winter is just upon us over her in the UK. go the 1.2 lol

When you get the VXR its going to feel like going from a SSS Pulsar to a Clubsports.. heheh

aussie_in_london
15th September 2005, 07:31 PM
mate its gonna be scary but fun lol

kojarena
15th September 2005, 08:44 PM
we waited 8 days from deposit to delivery for a CDX Auto Wagon in silver lightning... very happy with that turnaround. It wasnt in the country when we ordered it.

seems to be the only one on the road - finally saw a black CD wagon last tuesday (yuk). I heard the wagons were being snapped up by the govt departments like Health.

BassyAstra
15th September 2005, 09:11 PM
Theres one up the road from us.
Where you at kojarena ?
I like that automatic boot thing in the back.

kojarena
17th September 2005, 12:32 PM
Theres one up the road from us.
Where you at kojarena ?
I like that automatic boot thing in the back.

liverpool/casula... not too many around here.

01CDsedan
19th September 2005, 09:02 PM
Weird...I haven't seen a single 3 door or wagon on the road yet, just a handful at dealers.

BassyAstra
20th September 2005, 11:48 AM
Weird...I haven't seen a single 3 door or wagon on the road yet, just a handful at dealers.
Wow, just yesterday needed to get the paper, i saw 2 CDX Coupes in Silver Lightning :( :( !!!
The guy pulled up next to me and he was starin at my eyelids. :)
I should of raced him.

oneightoo
20th September 2005, 01:16 PM
you would have beaten him too.. eyelids make the car go faster..

180HOA
20th September 2005, 08:43 PM

yes... and they contribute to the 'sleeper' look...

BassyAstra
20th September 2005, 11:05 PM
hahaha!...