PDA

View Full Version : Opel Aus Banner Competition

JasonGilholme
14th September 2005, 09:11 AM
Hi guys,

Opelaus.com needs a new banner!! The one that is always at the top of the page just doesn't cut it. Its time for the people that are apart of opeaus to have the chance to put something back into it.

The image must be 780 x 156 pixels in size and represent our club in some way. the image must also be saved as a .jpg file. The rest is up to you guys.

the competion end date is 31st October which gives you guys a fair bit of time to figure out something fancy.

Once you have completed your banner email the final product with your username on opelaus to me at [email protected] with "opelaus banner entry" as the subject.

Once all the entries are in i will post up the top 5 or so banners (depends how good they are) so that the community can decide which one should have the honour of representing our club.

So what are you waitin for!! Get to it!!

Any questions just pm me.

Cheers

Jason

JasonGilholme
3rd October 2005, 08:49 AM
hey guys.

just a reminder that this comp is still runnin. Wayne has been going to alot of effort to put together a site that caters for everyones needs and expectations so this is your chance to have your own input towards it aswell.

If you guys are interested can you make a post in this thread so I can get an idea of numbers.

Cheers

Jason

Rhino
3rd October 2005, 11:59 PM
Maybe if I get some time.

Didz
4th October 2005, 06:33 PM
I see no problem with the current one.

JasonGilholme
19th October 2005, 08:20 AM
just a reminder guys that we're plannin on gettin this banner comp done by 31st. So far i've only got one entry which looks like its gonna win cause theres no competition.

Come on guys it doesn't take that long to put somethin together. I'm sure most people have a spare hour or so in the evening when they're not doin anythin important.

The Sentinel
19th October 2005, 06:22 PM
I have zero artistic skills.
I also agree with Didz and say the exisiting one is good.

pred8r
19th October 2005, 09:09 PM
why not put the new one up then hold a poll for new or old?

R3N
19th October 2005, 10:51 PM
post up the entries here and have a poll, at least the public gets to decide what's good for the forum

Turblue
20th October 2005, 10:12 AM
Ok...

I have created a poll to ask the question if people want to change the graphic.

Up to you now....

oneightoo
20th October 2005, 11:00 AM
i dont mind the current one, theres nothign wrong with it, but if someone can show me a better one............

Dee
20th October 2005, 11:05 AM
i dont mind the current one, theres nothign wrong with it, but if someone can show me a better one............
me too :)

i dont mind it, i cant wsay that i really look at it anymore... just part fo the scenery

pred8r
20th October 2005, 01:51 PM
what does the "new" one look like?

JasonGilholme
20th October 2005, 05:08 PM
haven't chosen a new one cuase i've only got one banner so far from RapidSRI. I'll post up all the banners on the first of next month just in case anyone wishes to design anythin before the 31st.

R3N
20th October 2005, 06:46 PM
Instead of staying if we want a new one or keep the old one, you should put up the new one so we decide which we like better.

I'll knock up a banner soon and put it up here so the public can decide

JasonGilholme
21st October 2005, 06:03 AM
the whole idea was for all the entries to be displayed so the public can decide. I wasn't goin to just pick any old one and just let wayne throw it up there. I'll post rapid SRI's one when i get a bit more time. anyone else who's entering just post your banner in here and then people can rant and rave about them and choose which one is best.

R3N
22nd October 2005, 12:06 AM
the whole idea was for all the entries to be displayed so the public can decide. I wasn't goin to just pick any old one and just let wayne throw it up there. I'll post rapid SRI's one when i get a bit more time. anyone else who's entering just post your banner in here and then people can rant and rave about them and choose which one is best.

I was referring to the poll

R3N
22nd October 2005, 12:14 AM
here's my entry:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~kuekwei/opelaus/opelausbanner.jpg

edited: here's my real entry :)

JasonGilholme
22nd October 2005, 06:40 AM
heres rapid SRI's

http://img480.imageshack.us/img480/8008/rapidsribanner4sa.png (http://imageshack.us)

i'll make one up as well this week end so we have a few more.

RapidSRi
23rd October 2005, 01:08 PM
nice one R3n!

btw It seems theres a fair few that want a new banner, mine only took like 30mins in MS paint, so my suggestion is guys give it a go be a little bit creative, doesn't have to be award winning.

pred8r
23rd October 2005, 08:23 PM
My vote for the new banner goes to r3n.

That looks Fantastic!! (pity theres no corsa c on the left side :) )