PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I send PM's

Slimcraigie
12th September 2005, 01:47 AM
Like it says in the title, I have PM's to send but every time I type one out and press send my computer just freezes so I end up having to turn it off, its starting to get on my t### as most of my pms I do have a bit of work going into them ie prices and price conversions, I was going to send you a PM about it Wayne but the system wouldn't let me so sorry to shane and bassyastra and anyone else who think I never get back to them, knowing my luck I'll have typed all this out and it probably will freeze when I post it :mad:

BassyAstra
12th September 2005, 07:07 AM
Thats the problem i think every1 has if they write a long Pm.
I was wondering where you were at.
ITS REALLY ANNOYING!!!

NUTTTR
12th September 2005, 08:35 AM
There's possibly a bug somewhere - what browser are you using??? Download opera and see if it does it in that?

Aaron

Dee
12th September 2005, 08:51 AM
it is quite annoying and has to be fixed....

in the meanwhile, if you have a long pm to type, type it up in word and paste it into here and send...

Turblue
12th September 2005, 10:15 AM
The current limit on PM size is 10,000 characters. You lot must be writing books..!!! :eek:

I have increased this limit, so there should be no hassles with size. :D

As for the locking, I'll contact support and find out.

NOW....:o
The board has a message storage limit of 250 PM's. This includes all folders.!! Inbox and sentbox. I need you all to clear the sentbox on a regular basis. There are some users that have between 100 and 200 messages in their mailbox. Most of which are sent items. There is no autoprune function.

Remember that all PM's are stored in the database. So the more that you store, the bigger the database gets.
If you don't need it, delete it..!!!!

You also have the option to export your messages.

Wayne.

BassyAstra
12th September 2005, 11:47 AM
Yeah i starting using firefox for pm's.
Otherwise ill use i.e just because i find its faster.
Will be deleating my sent inbox turblue.

SLIM please speak to me. :)